The Arbroath Thread

Not sure I buy into this “our fans wouldn’t do something like that” stuff. All teams have a percentage of arsehole supporters and Arbroath FC is no exception. Some of the stuff I’ve seen and heard over the years has proved that.

However, the fact that not one single person, even those in very close proximity to “spit gate” saw anything, nor was it captured on the multiple videos that were doing the rounds at the time, has convinced me that this is just more Campbell fantasy, said to take the focus off him and his failings. It’s now gathered pace so he’s doubled down to avoid admitting he was wrong… what a surprise. At worst, I imagine an irate fan shouting spittle tinged abuse - huge difference between that and being spat at.

It’s all about perception. Christ, I remember being at Gayfield about 20 years ago where I went to the wee disabled bit that used to be at the front of the stand after the game to shout at the ref as he went off, and the guy next to me was literally foaming at the mouth with rage. To this day, my wife (it was her second and final Arbroath game) claims I ran on to the pitch to try and attack the ref (I was leaning just a little bit over the wall) and I’m pretty sure that mr foamy puss next to me didn’t have rabies either.

Edited by Tattie36

Why don't someone just ask Colin Hamilton at the next game or get in contact with a club official to pass on the question?

A noticed Rab Douglas mentioned the spitting incident in his article in the courier also,someone to reach out to him ask him maybe?

12 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Why don't someone just ask Colin Hamilton at the next game or get in contact with a club official to pass on the question?

A noticed Rab Douglas mentioned the spitting incident in his article in the courier also,someone to reach out to him ask him maybe?

Ave spoke to Hammy, someone did do a big dirty groger on his reebok jacket

A wasnt a big DC fan,  but some of our fans need put on a leash, i bet it was someone from Pie and Bovril who done it, they were calling him a fat bas and all that too, and i swear the guy shouting ya fat bas has had more cholesterol than the whole of the spartans crowd put together.

Edited by Lichteeeeee

14 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Ave spoke to Hammy, someone did do a big dirty groger on his reebok jacket

A wasnt a big DC fan,  but some of our fans need put on a leash, i bet it was someone from Pie and Bovril who done it, they were calling him a fat bas and all that too, and i swear the guy shouting ya fat bas has had more cholesterol than the whole of the spartans crowd put together.

Their you go guys....It happened end of chat 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

The Reebok jacket things the most believable thing about that entire post and that will be a load of shite too 

Go on Twitter or Facebook and ask Big Rab?.You seem certain it didn't happen so only one way to find out,and if it comes out Dick,Rab and your own player Colin Hamilton is lying thats bad crack.

5 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Go on Twitter or Facebook and ask Big Rab?.You seem certain it didn't happen so only one way to find out,and if it comes out Dick,Rab and your own player Colin Hamilton is lying thats bad crack.

Colin Hamilton never said anything about someone spitting? There are people that I know that were right where Hamilton went over to who have said to me it was because of the abuse and I believe them  

There were plenty videos going around at the time.

Rab will be going off what Dick said.

I do not believe one word that comes out of Dicks mouth and that’s from listening to him for years and years. Guys constantly havering shite but it’s usually over things a lot less serious 

Always same guys at away games give or take a few - if anyone spat at the manager there’s no way nobody would not know who it was and everyone wouldn’t know about it

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Colin Hamilton never said anything about someone spitting? There are people that I know that were right where Hamilton went over to who have said to me it was because of the abuse and I believe them  

There were plenty videos going around at the time.

Rab will be going off what Dick said.

I do not believe one word that comes out of Dicks mouth and that’s from listening to him for years and years. Guys constantly havering shite but it’s usually over things a lot less serious 

So Rab lying now aswell? 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What’s so hard to understand from what I’ve said? Rab will obviously believe Dick?

I fully understand 1320!

You seem fairly rattled theirs someone allegedly in the AFC support spat on your then manager.And let's be honest you weren't their so you can't really comment?😉

Yes you have said you had friends at the game and they maybe never saw anything but an incident like that could be over in seconds so am not buying into that just because they never seen it never happened.

Also am not saying your friend or friends were drinking but if you put that into the mix too,fans drinking hours before the game which am sure their were several it could have possibly been missed by one of them.

Also regarding Rab article he had no reason really to mention it so why did he? Maybe it is true and it hurts him too the way it all ended....

Just now, mo83 said:

I fully understand 1320!

You seem fairly rattled theirs someone allegedly in the AFC support spat on your then manager.And let's be honest you weren't their so you can't really comment?😉

Yes you have said you had friends at the game and they maybe never saw anything but an incident like that could be over in seconds so am not buying into that just because they never seen it never happened.

Also am not saying your friend or friends were drinking but if you put that into the mix too,fans drinking hours before the game which am sure their were several it could have possibly been missed by one of them.

Also regarding Rab article he had no reason really to mention it so why did he? Maybe it is true and it hurts him too the way it all ended....

Look I don't believe it 

On one hand there are numerous people who were there and right beside the area Hammy went over to saying it's havers 

On the other hand there is Dick Campbell - who always massively exaggerates and talks shite and is clearly extremely bitter and delusional about the whole situation 

If someone has spat that is outrageously bad behaviour and they should never come back to a game.

If anyone saw this mystery man or woman apart from Dick then I'm sure the support (always the same faces give or take that go to away games you know how it is) would be well aware of who they were and would be saying that to them 

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The Reebok jacket things the most believable thing about that entire post and that will be a load of shite too 

All you do is talk shite 1320 constantly, " ohhhh i dont care if were relegated i just want to enjoy a game " gee yourself peace.

moan, groan and whine , think your opinion carries any weight crabbit wee fan, who doesnt like anyone elses opinion, you know he was spat on, stop trying to make out hes lying

Just now, Lichteeeeee said:

All you do is talk shite 1320 constantly, " ohhhh i dont care if were relegated i just want to enjoy a game " gee yourself peace.

moan, groan and whine , think your opinion carries any weight crabbit wee fan, who doesnt like anyone elses opinion, you know he was spat on, stop trying to make out hes lying

😂 

The irony!!

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’d like to see the club come out with a reply/statement regarding the interview. Dick is dragging the supporters (shareholders) through the mud here

Makes sense,!

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’d like to see the club come out with a reply/statement regarding the interview. Dick is dragging the supporters (shareholders) through the mud here

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Makes sense,!

They are too busy trying to punt half price zip up’s and polo shirts