The Arbroath Thread

On 06/05/2024 at 18:18, ecto said:

Heard a crazy thing, Hammys brother is coming to keep goal, might be nonsense

Think I had this

Posted (edited)

Inverness announce they’re moving their training base -basically everything other than home games - to Kelty Hearts stadium. Mainly to improve recruitment. Fans seem furious. And so it begins. 😂

Edited by TheRoundO

23 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Inverness announce they’re moving their training base -basically everything other than home games - to Kelty Hearts stadium. Mainly to improve recruitment. Fans seem furious. And so it begins. 😂

Said it on other thread, I know we train in Edinburgh but we are a part time outfit and the players have lives to lead and jobs to do away from football every day. It makes total sense.

For them though it just seems so strange, even choosing another league club, why not a random facility that they could maybe make their own a bit. There must be a plastic park and changing rooms for hire somewhere in the central belt. Why on earth have they chosen Kelty it’s so strange. 

I thought they’d have had a lot of local youngsters break into their squad next year from the youth development they’ve got. Imagine that now, well done son you’re in the first team. You’ll be training in Kelty 4 days a week now enjoy the 5 / 6 hour round trek for the miniscule amount of cash you are on.

Just seems like such a wild move. I get it on the face of it it seems to make sense but the further you delve into it it’s a really strange one. 

They will be such an interesting watch next year. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Said it on other thread, I know we train in Edinburgh but we are a part time outfit and the players have lives to lead and jobs to do away from football every day. It makes total sense.

For them though it just seems so strange, even choosing another league club, why not a random facility that they could maybe make their own a bit. There must be a plastic park and changing rooms for hire somewhere in the central belt. Why on earth have they chosen Kelty it’s so strange. 

I thought they’d have had a lot of local youngsters break into their squad next year from the youth development they’ve got. Imagine that now, well done son you’re in the first team. You’ll be training in Kelty 4 days a week now enjoy the 5 / 6 hour round trek for the miniscule amount of cash you are on.

Just seems like such a wild move. I get it on the face of it it seems to make sense but the further you delve into it it’s a really strange one. 

They will be such an interesting watch next year. 

We train in Arbroath now don’t we? I thought when we announced the open training session it was at the High Schools pitch. 

Edited by glasgowlichtie23
mixed up high school and academy

3 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

We train in Arbroath now don’t we? I thought when we announced the open training session it was at the High Schools pitch. 

No that’s a one off for the fans. We train at Oriam Tuesday and Thursday. 

I'm glad the club acknowledged it with a bit of grace.  Hopefully with the end of the season, and all the good stuff that we've had, we can all move on.  After all, we have a new sleeve sponsor!  I can't even remember if we had an Official Sleeve Partner before.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And another absolute rocket 

Rockets everywhere!

220px-Rockets_Galore_%28novel%29.jpg

A decent read, (and film) but not as good as Whisky Galore. 

EDITED TO ADD: Obviously I'm not talking about the Eddie Izzard Whisky Galore remake!

Edited by lichtgilphead