The Arbroath Thread

21 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

10 points off 5th with 42 points to play. No need to panic just yet.

In theory I agree but just look at the last 15 games: 6 points out of a possible 45 and a -27 goal difference. We have 16 game left and we’ll need to win at least 6 or 7 of those and draw some more. I would be astonished if we can turn this round.

Just need to hope things improve massively with returning players and that Dunfermline continue with their terrible form.

IMG_4857.png

Edited by Tattie36

21 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

In theory I agree but just look at the last 15 games: 6 points out of a possible 45 and a -27 goal difference. We have 16 game left and we’ll need to win at least 6 or 7 of those and draw some more. I would be astonished if we can turn this round.

Just need to hope things improve massively with returning players and that Dunfermline continue with their terrible form.

IMG_4857.png

Very true. But since McIntyre has come in he has had to work with a rag tag team most of the time which has seriously curtailed our chances of getting points.

Lets see what players he has on hand next week. He might finally have a team capable of picking up big points.

14 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Very true. But since McIntyre has come in he has had to work with a rag tag team most of the time which has seriously curtailed our chances of getting points.

Lets see what players he has on hand next week. He might finally have a team capable of picking up big points.

Of course but I just feel like it’s too late. Sincerely hope I’m wrong of course but it needs an unlikely combination of a huge and immediate up-turn in form - staring next Saturday, Dunfermline to continue being shit and at least one other team to implode. I’m confident that we’ll improve and pick up a few more wins and points but will it be enough?

Edited by Tattie36

55 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Of course but I just feel like it’s too late. Sincerely hope I’m wrong of course but it needs an unlikely combination of a huge and immediate up-turn in form - staring next Saturday, Dunfermline to continue being shit and at least one other team to implode. I’m confident that we’ll improve and pick up a few more wins and points but will it be enough?

Only time will tell. This league is highly unpredictable as we all know and only takes a result or 2 to change a teams season around.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Yes 😀

Can’t complain about the WhatsApp thing - seems like a brilliant idea and addresses absolutely everything I had said I thought had been poor this year 

Video with Mike great, the interview with new player, all that helps a lot and makes you feel more a part of it 

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can’t complain about the WhatsApp thing - seems like a brilliant idea and addresses absolutely everything I had said I thought had been poor this year 

Video with Mike great, the interview with new player, all that helps a lot and makes you feel more a part of it 

What WhatsApp thing?

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It looks like it’s going to be the same posts as they put on social media unfortunately. And you can’t mute things that you’re not interested in such as the woman’s team. Iv signed up but I reckon il have unsubscribed in a week 

Arbroath should be fired up for the next match given what McPake has said after the game at the weekend. Can genuinely see you guys hounding us. You get a major boost and we continue to sink. 

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Arbroath should be fired up for the next match given what McPake has said after the game at the weekend. Can genuinely see you guys hounding us. You get a major boost and we continue to sink. 

Without wanting to continually bang on about it and make excuses it’s hard to see with having had 14 injured players the last game we played. I have heard players will be back for this but a lot of the returning ones will be very rusty.

I hope you’re correct though. 

5 hours ago, DAFC. said:

How what did he say? 

Braw score at the rugger the day btw

Saturdays game like it or not is a huge must win for us. Hopefully everyone has missed watching our team over the last couple of weeks and we take a decent support through. Let's get behind the team and help them dig us out of the hole we are currently in.

36 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

Saturdays game like it or not is a huge must win for us. Hopefully everyone has missed watching our team over the last couple of weeks and we take a decent support through. Let's get behind the team and help them dig us out of the hole we are currently in.

Next 3 are must wins IMO. Dunfermline are on a terrible run. We must win our home games starting with Caley and then it’s QP who have unfortunately for us hit a bit of form. 

50 minutes ago, relichtie said:

Pars have signed Chris Kane on loan from St Johnstone. The loan market is still open till end of February I think. We should be trying to utilise it imo. 

Stevie May not even getting into the match day squads just now at St Johnstone.