The Arbroath Thread

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah it would be a massive move for Jess, would have to move up here and get a part time job and travel etc. 

I would’ve kept Lyon too but he’s not really got a nailed down position his strongest one is sitting midfielder but not got the standout attributes for that so hoping it means we do go out and get a tough physical central midfielder who is absolutely someone who sits and wins us the ball 

100%  this is what we need.

No way can we play another season with Gold n Slater center midfield 

Posted (edited)

Thats heartbreaking.   I've known it for days, but I'm still gutted.  Still, no negativity allowed.

Actually, no, f**k it.  Why has it been announced by Falkirk, but we haven't yet put up a goodbye and thank you post?  The man has been absolutely iconic for us!

Edited by ExiledLichtie

17 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Thats heartbreaking.   I've known it for days, but I'm still gutted.  Still, no negativity allowed.

Actually, no, f**k it.  Why has it been announced by Falkirk, but we haven't yet put up a goodbye and thank you post?  The man has been absolutely iconic for us!

There were posts put up for McKenna, Little and Gaston on Saturday - McKennas is as below…..

𝐌𝐜𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐎𝐧

Michael McKenna has, today, announced his departure from Arbroath FC. Michael was a January transfer window signing from Berwick Rangers in 2018 going on to make a total of 242 appearances for the club, scoring 51 times including 15 goals in the 2021/22 season where he also won SPFL Championship Player of the Year. 

A fan favourite, Mikey has always brought a great attacking threat, always keen to go forward and has posed a real danger to opponents at set-pieces. Chairman, Mike Caird said “Michael has been a fantastic servant to the club. His threat going forward and his movement in attack made him almost unplayable at times. He’s shown a real commitment to drive the club forward and was pivotal in the successes we’ve had in the Championship. Wherever Michael goes next, he’ll excel, and everyone at Arbroath FC wishes him all the best for the remainder of his career”. 

Michael said; “Firstly I want to apologise to everyone connected with the club for how this season has turned out. For many reasons, things just haven't worked out the way we wanted. 

Looking at my time at the club it's hard to put into words right now how I'm feeling. The decision to move on was purely a footballing decision. Coming to the latter stages of my career I wanted to stay in the Championship and it's not a decision I took lightly.

Lastly, I want to thank my teammates, the staff and fans for everything. The best people I could have shared this journey with, and I have made friends for life.

From the bottom of my heart thank you Arbroath." 

#ThankyouMikey #ArbroathFCLive

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There were posts put up for McKenna, Little and Gaston on Saturday - McKennas is as below…..

Ah, I didn't see that one for McKenna at all (looks like nothing on Twitter, I just had another check).  At least there was something put up, I take back some of my negativity!  

Edited, I just had a look, and it seems there's loads on Facebook that doesn't go on Twitter.  Seems the Whatsapp has more too.  Things used to be duplicated across all platforms, hence my confusion. 

Edited by ExiledLichtie

20 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

😂

29 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Hey Siri, define “Jumping the gun” 😂😂

16 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Ah, I didn't see that one for McKenna at all (looks like nothing on Twitter, I just had another check).  At least there was something put up, I take back some of my negativity!  

Edited, I just had a look, and it seems there's loads on Facebook that doesn't go on Twitter.  Seems the Whatsapp has more too.  Things used to be duplicated across all platforms, hence my confusion. 

Is there something wrong with putting news on our web site ? No announcement there either about Hammy resigning . Not everyone uses the social media sites . Someone needs to spread the news but not just where they think is best. What is our web site for ?

9 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Also we’re all Inverness tonight aren’t we? 

Absolutely. First of all a Montrose derby would be very much welcome and second of all Inverness or QP would be a lot stronger next year than any of the L1 teams 

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Absolutely. First of all a Montrose derby would be very much welcome and second of all Inverness or QP would be a lot stronger next year than any of the L1 teams 

Dunno. ICT may say they will be ok next season but dropping down to L1 would hit them very hard financially compared to a us. Big Dunc wouldnt stay on and lots players likely to move too. 

Seen time and again FT teams go down and struggle in L1. QotS, Falkirk, Dunfermline.

29 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Dunno. ICT may say they will be ok next season but dropping down to L1 would hit them very hard financially compared to a us. Big Dunc wouldnt stay on and lots players likely to move too. 

Seen time and again FT teams go down and struggle in L1. QotS, Falkirk, Dunfermline.

I’ve heard ICT are in dire dire straights financially. A lot of their fans are unsure if they’d survive going down to L1

3 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

To be fair, you'd probably rather Ferguson stayed on to increase your chances of winning the title.

Speaking to a fellow Lichtie earlier about the teams we could potentially play next season. 

Annan, Hamilton, Montrose, Cove, Spartans, QOS, Stenny & Kelty all play on plastic/artificial surfaces. 

23 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Speaking to a fellow Lichtie earlier about the teams we could potentially play next season. 

Annan, Hamilton, Montrose, Cove, Spartans, QOS, Stenny & Kelty all play on plastic/artificial surfaces. 

I imagine we train on plastic?  Anyway, think of the advantage we’ll have at home. 

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Does this mean the rest of the league are going to complain about the "weird bounce" of our pitch, and how the uncertain conditions cause more injuries since the players arent used to it?

No. They'll just moan about the bloody wind.

Noticed Miko Virtanen is out of contract at the end of the season and he seems to be getting rave reviews from Alloa fans just now. Miko fit and on his game would be exactly what we need in the middle of the park. Maybe waiting to see if Alloa go up or not though. 

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Stirling the only grass surface in L1 this season 

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Noticed Miko Virtanen is out of contract at the end of the season and he seems to be getting rave reviews from Alloa fans just now. Miko fit and on his game would be exactly what we need in the middle of the park. Maybe waiting to see if Alloa go up or not though. 

Watched alloa the other week and thought he looked good, so does taylor steven on loan from st johnstone