The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, BobLatchford said:

Hope so. Their accounts up to last October only show 1 employee and a few quid in the bank. Hopefully they have sourced a big contract since then!

They seem to be part of or in partnership with the Leisure Connect group who also sponsor one of our stands.

Greenversity and Leisure Connect sponsor the Davie Cooper Stand at Fir Park. 

Think this seems like a really good idea and I’m happy with it. 

https://greenversity.co.uk/our-team/

IMG_4495.png

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Great idea, but surely wind turbines would be more useful than solar panels at gayfield! 😬

Especially on a Saturday when we are at home. 😂

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They seem to be part of or in partnership with the Leisure Connect group who also sponsor one of our stands.

Greenversity and Leisure Connect sponsor the Davie Cooper Stand at Fir Park. 

Think this seems like a really good idea and I’m happy with it. 

https://greenversity.co.uk/our-team/

IMG_4495.png

They were the Harbour enclosure sponsors but that has changed to parkgrove now.

ESP have the other end in replace of Royal Oak I think. 

Bit of a change from stands or enclosures named after club legends but pleasure land didn't even sponsor us and they had the enclosure named after them for years!

3 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Great idea, but surely wind turbines would be more useful than solar panels at gayfield! 😬

Not really, do they not shut them down if it's too windy?  They'd never be operational at Gayfield if that's the case. Btw are the roadworks finished outside yet?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not really, do they not shut them down if it's too windy?  They'd never be operational at Gayfield if that's the case. Btw are the roadworks finished outside yet?

Far from it - 77 weeks of it and £15 million for the hassle - although the phase directly outside of Gayfield should be finished before that I imagine.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Still a bitty concerned on the Goalkeeper front.

That IMO is the TOP signing to make if the Manager was happy for Gats to leave, i am also a fan of having a good experienced Goalie as opposed to a young up and coming Goalie.

Heard McIntosh is maybe signing for ICT.

Well done to PR and the new sponsorship but will always be Gayfield to me.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

1 minute ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Still a bitty concerned on the Goalkeeper front.

That IMO is the TOP signing to make if the Manager was happy for Gats to leave, i am also a fan of having a good experienced Goalie as opposed to a young up and coming Goalie.

Heard McIntosh is maybe signing for ICT.

Well done to PR and the new sponsorship but will always be Gayfield to me.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

Wonder if he’s done that on the basis that he thought they’d be training in Kelty. Pretty sure he’s established in Dundee, hope he enjoys the A9 every day 😂

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Could do with another signing soon. Need some more good news

I keep telling myself this too. I’m getting to the point where I’m like dae something but at same time I think and hope the kind of players we are in for are good players who have plenty of options.

There are still a whole load of players not committed anywhere. It really should start to speed up if not this week then next week because players would want to be signed up for the start of pre season. Not just here but everywhere. 

27 minutes ago, lanarkshire_lichtie said:

This is a club, that has been appallingly run, but have little sympathy for them

Nah. I have no sympathy for any club that faces administration due to spending outwith their means.

Same goes to most fans of those clubs as they have no doubt enjoyed and relished in it when their club has done well out of it. But put on the sob story when it all comes crashing down.

Reap what you sow.

19 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Same goes to most fans of those clubs as they have no doubt enjoyed and relished in it when their club has done well out of it. But put on the sob story when it all comes crashing down.

Reap what you sow.

Spot on all their fans took the piss out of us when they were on their 5 match hot streak when the new manager came in and we went down. 0 sympathy at all get it up every single one of them. Roll on the 15 point deduction

44 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Nah. I have no sympathy for any club that faces administration due to spending outwith their means.

Reap what you sow.

What are fans of these clubs supposed to do? Not enjoy winning leagues and cups because the board might be financially reckless? Nonsense. Unless fans have direct input or representation at board level they are largely powerless in how they can stop this sort of thing. Even having representation at that level can mean f**k all. 

I spent a few hours listening to a couple of the Inverness fans podcast the Wyness Shuffle and came out feeling pretty emotional after it when I’d expected a good laugh at how much a shambles it was. Like I said last week it was actually what made me start contributing to Always Arbroath. Yes they had a fair few fuds who were torture to deal with on here over past few years but it’s ashame to see anyone potentially losing their football club. 

So will that mean a points deduction for next season?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

What are fans of these clubs supposed to do? Not enjoy winning leagues and cups because the board might be financially reckless? Nonsense. Unless fans have direct input or representation at board level they are largely powerless in how they can stop this sort of thing. Even having representation at that level can mean f**k all. 

if you’re only drawing a x amount through the gate, but you’re paying y amount in wages, surely any fan with an ounce of sense, must think to themselves, can we really afford this

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I spent a few hours listening to a couple of the Inverness fans podcast the Wyness Shuffle and came out feeling pretty emotional after it when I’d expected a good laugh at how much a shambles it was. Like I said last week it was actually what made me start contributing to Always Arbroath. Yes they had a fair few fuds who were torture to deal with on here over past few years but it’s ashame to see anyone potentially losing their football club. 

So will that mean a points deduction for next season?

First port of call for administration is 15pts and 5pts for the season after

IMG_3616.jpeg

Edited by glasgowlichtie23