The Arbroath Thread

10 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

The new lad Sinclair actually reminds me of Walter Cameron, our right back in the 60s. He was part of the great back 4 with Stirling, Cargill and Hughes. A very promising debut on Saturday.

it was really good to see ToB and Quinn Coulson in Tutties after the game. Great ambassadors for the Club and enjoying some nice banter with the Alloa fans too.

Agree with a whole lot in @Lichtie78 post above but I thought Sinclair was really good with the ball at his feet. Couple of really nice balls down the line for Stewart, Spalding and Reilly in the first half a great cross into the box and a half decent effort at the goals 

I watched a highlight reel of the guy and he seemed to be kicking the ball with his left foot and it seemed like he was a left footed player after the Morton fans had said that he played LCH for them so was extremely surprised to see how good he was with his right foot too. Early days but he could be a gem and kick on considering he’s only 22 does anyone know how he’s found himself over in Scotland? Is he attempting to break in and become a FT player it is it to do with factors away from football? Work / Education or whatever?

They 2 signings made by Gold and Hammy promising in the fact it seems to show that they both do have a lot of contacts within the game, also must’ve been a hard decision letting Steele go to Stenny and a big call to make but you can see why they’ve done that now.

1 hour ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Hahahaha shut up you f**king goon

Why?  Did you not listen to Gold's interview?  He spoke well and eloquently about a "culture of losing" and how he had also been part of it.  We've had two games.  In the first game, we went into a 2 goal lead and ended up getting a draw.  In the second game, we were by far the better team, but still ended up getting a draw.

Maybe its harsh, but I want us to win some games.  So far, the caretakers have shown that they can play better football than their predecessor, but without yet winning winnable games.  If they win some games, then they are making a case for the job, but so far, they have won nothing.  I don't think its an unreasonable point of view.

30 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Why?  Did you not listen to Gold's interview?  He spoke well and eloquently about a "culture of losing" and how he had also been part of it.  We've had two games.  In the first game, we went into a 2 goal lead and ended up getting a draw.  In the second game, we were by far the better team, but still ended up getting a draw.

Maybe its harsh, but I want us to win some games.  So far, the caretakers have shown that they can play better football than their predecessor, but without yet winning winnable games.  If they win some games, then they are making a case for the job, but so far, they have won nothing.  I don't think its an unreasonable point of view.

Not unreasonable.  A massive wind up though.  🙂

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I watched a highlight reel of the guy and he seemed to be kicking the ball with his left foot and it seemed like he was a left footed player after the Morton fans had said that he played LCH for them so was extremely surprised to see how good he was with his right foot too.

Mate, he’s from Down Under - left and right are the opposite way round down there! 😉

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Gold and Hammy were also part of a winning culture for years and years and years here - they’ve been two of our most successful players in the last 10 year they know what it takes. 

I am all for them taking it on if they want it, in the small sample size the games have been good with plenty of positives, the two signings have been completely left field and have shown up well, the shape is good and the fans at the games are actively getting behind the team with them 2 in charge because they are so well loved. A pleasant atmosphere in Gayfield

I am not absolutely set on it and saying it definitely must happen but there is a lot to like - not won a game but not lost either. Probably should be sitting with 4 points from the 2 matches but that’s football

8 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If you have a problem with the "Losing culture" quote, take it up with David Gold, because it was his quote.  He said it, not me.  

I don’t have a problem with it. Gold is talking about trying to change it, why would anyone have a problem with that? 

54 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don’t have a problem with it. Gold is talking about trying to change it, why would anyone have a problem with that? 

I honestly don't know, but apparently some of you do.  It mystifies me.  Much like it mystifies me that people can look at 2 games that we should have won but didn't win and decide that yes, this is exactly what we need.

12 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I honestly don't know, but apparently some of you do.  It mystifies me.  Much like it mystifies me that people can look at 2 games that we should have won but didn't win and decide that yes, this is exactly what we need.

No, we do not, you are either at it or completely missing the point - as per usual 

If McIntyre was still in charge and we got 2 draws, even though the performances were decent, the amount of seethe on here would be indescribable. 

However, Gold and Hammy have taken charge of a side that must have had the confidence of a 2 tonne rock in the North Sea. In short time, they have improved the performance on the pitch. Yes, we've only got 2 draws when we could in different circumstances had 2 wins. From where we were just over a couple of weeks ago compared to now, it feels like we should allow them a bit longer to see if things can get even better moving forward. 

I get it's a results business and we can't go along picking up a point here or there, but we're not completely rooted and results should inevitably improve. 

Let's gets a win against the Mo, progress in the cup and hopefully start getting a bit of confidence and gain some momentum for QOS.

9 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Apologies for being happy that we’re playing good football, actually just being mcintyre back now

19 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Apologies for being happy that we’re playing good football, actually just being mcintyre back now

That's funny, because some of us spent the summer getting abuse hurled at us because we knew that starting the season with McIntyre would be a mistake. 

15 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

That's funny, because some of us spent the summer getting abuse hurled at us because we knew that starting the season with McIntyre would be a mistake. 

You are the Malcolm X of Pie and Bovril mate. One day we’ll all look back and say “you know what, we were all wrong and ExiledLichtie was right all along”. 

Also the fact you still get people to bite despite half of the forum blocking you, fair play to you. I wish I had the tenacity that you do.

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

When a team's low on confidence, can't recall what a win looks like ... playing Queens usually works well, it's just so what we do.

It certainly worked on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

When a team's low on confidence, can't recall what a win looks like ... playing Queens usually works well, it's just so what we do.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It certainly worked on Saturday.

I rest my case ...

Current squad - it’s been quite the turnover 

Goalkeepers 

Robbie Hemfrey 

Aidan McAdams

Defenders

Brynn Sinclair - RB / CH

Layton Bisland - RB

Thomas O’Brien - CH

Keith Watson - CH

Jack Wilkie - LB

Colin Hamilton - (inj) LB / CH / Gaffer

Midfielders 

Ali Spalding - CM

Craig Slater - CM

Liam Callaghan - CM

David Gold - CM / Gaffer

Ryan Flynn - CM

Scott Stewart - RM

Quinn Coulson - LM 

Ryan Dow - AM / LM / RM

Innes Murray - AM / LM / RM

Strikers 

Gavin Reilly - CF 

Calum Gallagher - CF 

Jamie Richardson - CF

Total players = 20

19 with Hammy injured for the season.

With Gold and Hamilton potentially taking management roles how do you see the squad being completed? 

It is quite a tough one. Personally think 1 or 2 more. It will depend on how Goldie wants to set up if he does get the job. If it is the 4-3-3 I think there should be an effort made to get either a target man type player and a winger that’s pure pace. If it’s a 4-4-2 then a striker and a defensive midfielder. 

It is a good squad, 13 new players within it so it’s also a completely new group.

After getting the fresh start and with the managerial announcements to come I am looking forward to see how it all pans out and what’s to come.