The Arbroath Thread

On 12/08/2023 at 20:09, SimonLichtie said:

Normally ignore this continued pish - but regardless of the weirdness of posting the same thing over and over and targeting some random guy on a football forum constantly who you dont even know - my reading of the 'humble pie' situation was as follows:

·  You kept saying we needed rid of Dick ASAP, his signings in January would be shite etc etc

·  We beat Dundee 4-2

·  'clashy' as you call him made his 'humble pie' comment

·   We lost a few games/ continued to struggle, and you really enjoyed this and your 'humble pie' obsession began to fully form

·   The signings Dick made in January actually did enough to keep us up, which proved you to have actually been incorrect.

·  You continue to bring it up despite the fact you were actually wrong and keeping Dick for the full season last year actually proved the correct decision

·  Everyone ignores your continued one tone copy and paste posts on the same thing and get bored and decide to start accusing club volunteers of being paid. This does not go down well. You disappear for a few weeks and return with the 'humble pie' posts again.

It's weird, man. Really weird. :blink: :unsure: 

Think I would just like to give this a big retweet again (well a repost, it’s Elon Musks Twitter nowadays) to be honest.

I’ve reacted to things the way I’ve saw them and have tried to be as positive as possible. Regularly admit to being wrong too. 

👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

There’s also no point in saying we only won because Morton were shite. This was a morton team than ran rangers very close at ibrox last week. 

Great away win and a good performance with a clean sheet 

Morton were pish though. Which helped our cause. Their long diagonal ball didn’t work. Doug or should have changed that. 

1 minute ago, Smokerson said:

Thought we made them look poor and resorted them to going long. 

From the first 5 minutes? 

Again, I’m not saying that we didnt deserve to win today, but that was a very poor performance from the home side 

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

From the first 5 minutes? 

Again, I’m not saying that we didnt deserve to win today, but that was a very poor performance from the home side 

Ffs who gives a shit about the poor performance from them apart from their support obvs, we pumped them enjoy your night 👍

Hopefully the momentum and confidence will continue next week with a result against Ayr.

Takes time for players to settle and gel - but it clicked yesterday.

Still expect at least 2 new incoming players to arrive - but yesterday confirmed we have talented players who will win us games.

There is very little between most teams in this league.

C'mon the 'broath.

9 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Great to see some real options off the bench. Balde, Macintosh and Hylton all looked well up for it when they came on. Leighton unlucky not to score again. What a difference from last season.

Agree - it is night and day in terms of forward / attacking options. If we could just get 2 more in in the positions we have all been talking about maybe this will be a more relaxing enjoyable year. Two big home league games now 

Totally agree on the bench. Very good options to have.

I wouldn’t panic if we didn’t get anyone in this week, not sure there will be many free agents available at this stage in August that can improve us. More like a loan or two which may take a bit longer.  Jacobs is the only player I’d let go

5 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Totally agree on the bench. Very good options to have.

I wouldn’t panic if we didn’t get anyone in this week, not sure there will be many free agents available at this stage in August that can improve us. More like a loan or two which may take a bit longer.  Jacobs is the only player I’d let go

When does loan window close? 

Notice St Johnstone look like they’re wanting rid of Callum Booth, most teams in this league will have a first choice left back, we train in Perth.

Love to see him come back but maybe ambitious