The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, timlichtie said:

I hear that the manager is keen for it to go ahead. Maybe he thinks that Ayr are in a worse way than us. A postponement would likely mean a midweek game which isn’t ideal either. It’s all speculation until we learn what the actual state of our players is.

I know, I’m only kidding. I sincerely hope the game goes ahead as I think we may still have enough to beat Ayr even taking everything into account.

Our social media isn’t great so don’t expect too many updates. I don’t see any issues with the game being on tomorrow. It is cold but not enough to put the game in danger. 

Im living In hope that we make at least 1 signing by the end of play today. 

38 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

There’s been Talk of us being 1 of a few teams looking at Hylton from you guys, got any info on him as tbh I’ve not really seen much if him expect the video of him and bird throwing fists 

One of our better players. Probably our most dangerous. Good on the ball and driving forward but don’t expect him to defend. 

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

There’s been Talk of us being 1 of a few teams looking at Hylton from you guys, got any info on him as tbh I’ve not really seen much if him expect the video of him and bird throwing fists 

He’s very very good in my opinion. To the point where I genuinely would have struggled to swap him with any other attacking wide player in the division. He’s looked a cut above in all of our games this season. There was talk of him going to Hamilton as he stays in the area but for me he’s much better than that, just depends on what suits his lifestyle and I suppose. If he can be arsed with a trek to Kirkcaldy every day. 

38 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

No Friday signings then ☹️

We really coming into a run of games, that very much could, make or break our season, and to be quite frank, it’s bordering on negligent, the lack of signings 

I do find it amazing that some supporters think that signing quality players is a easy business, i'm pretty sure we could have signed some lesser quality players but that ain;t gonna help us. Do people think the management are just sitting on their hands!!

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s easy. We can’t even get a goalie coach never mind a player in. Seems like a new arrival getting announced tonight, let’s hope it’s a player to get excited about and not a squad filler.

Edited by Smokerson

Just now, Smokerson said:

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s easy. We can’t even get a goalie coach never mind a player in. Seems like a new arrival getting announced tonight, let’s hope it’s a player to get excited about and not a squad filler.

Looks like 3 new signings 

31 minutes ago, ecto said:

We really coming into a run of games, that very much could, make or break our season, and to be quite frank, it’s bordering on negligent, the lack of signings 

I will get my coat