The Arbroath Thread

Just now, keptie said:

Yes well done Ludo, desperate for McIntyre fail. We've had loads of bad managers but can't say i held any weird bitterness against them after they left

I take it this must be your first time having a manager that has previously created such a toxic culture that fan volunteers - some that have been helping the club for decades - have no longer wanted to be part of your club.  The first time you've had a manager that manages to piss off the core of decent players that you have to the point they no longer have any positive feelings for the club after they've been ostracised. The first manager that replaces hard working, limited ability players that will give 100% for spineless shitebags that don't care about anything other than themselves and actively don't try.

As I said at the time, I'm not bitter, I just stated the fact that McIntyre is not only a terrible manager but someone that can take any good feeling left out of a football club in a very short period of time. I warned you and you bleated that I was just being bitter yet the exact same thing is happening here.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I take it this must be your first time having a manager that has previously created such a toxic culture that fan volunteers - some that have been helping the club for decades - have no longer wanted to be part of your club.  The first time you've had a manager that manages to piss off the core of decent players that you have to the point they no longer have any positive feelings for the club after they've been ostracised. The first manager that replaces hard working, limited ability players that will give 100% for spineless shitebags that don't care about anything other than themselves and actively don't try.

As I said at the time, I'm not bitter, I just stated the fact that McIntyre is not only a terrible manager but someone that can take any good feeling left out of a football club in a very short period of time. I warned you and you bleated that I was just being bitter yet the exact same thing is happening here.

No, definitely not bitter.....

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

Do I really have to point out the utter desperation of the 'logic' behind that claim? I don't think you believe that for one second though. 

You're speculating without any actual evidence to date of these release clauses being present and being used to empty similar managers though. 

You can highlight McIntyre's fallen stock but the same argument applies far more to the team he agreed to take over. It's not in any way a defence of McIntyre's performance or his overall ability in management* to say that the job he took on was always likely to result in relegation at the end of this season. So why would he agree to take over a team that wasn't his own halfway through and also agree a break clause on that basis? It's obvious horseshit. 

* The dictionary definition of mediocrity 

And do *you* have any evidence to back up your own speculation?  Or is this just more speculation to join all the other speculation we've had so far?

1 minute ago, keptie said:

No, definitely not bitter.....

You can continue labelling me bitter and I'll continue enjoying the shitshow and acting like an arsehole by repeatedly stating, 'I told you so'.

Happy days.

Happy Star Trek GIF

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I take it this must be your first time having a manager that has previously created such a toxic culture that fan volunteers - some that have been helping the club for decades - have no longer wanted to be part of your club.  The first time you've had a manager that manages to piss off the core of decent players that you have to the point they no longer have any positive feelings for the club after they've been ostracised....furious spittled filled rant continues...

We've had some pretty terrible managers down the years, but no, I don't hold any residual bitterness towards our ex managers.  I'm even weirdly pleased to see the Campbells doing well at East Fife.  I wish all our ex managers well, even the awful ones.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

We've had some pretty terrible managers down the years, but no, I don't hold any residual bitterness towards our ex managers.  I'm even weirdly pleased to see the Campbells doing well at East Fife.  I wish all our ex managers well, even the awful ones.

Why would it be weird to see your most successful ever manager that your fans turned on (deservedly or not) at the end do well for himself in his next job and be anything but pleased for him?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

You can continue labelling me bitter and I'll continue enjoying the shitshow and acting like an arsehole by repeatedly stating, 'I told you so'.

Happy days.

Happy Star Trek GIF

👏👏  

4 minutes ago, keptie said:

Yes well done Ludo, desperate for McIntyre too fail. We've had loads of bad managers but can't say i held any weird bitterness against them after they left

To be fair - you have got to give anyone a chance and judge them off how they do at your own club - players and managers always have their own good or bad reputations at former clubs but it varies and is usually a mixed bag - very rarely there is going to be a manager out of work who absolutely everyone has nice things to say about, if that was the case they wouldn’t be available 

Also just until the other day I was giving the case for keeping McIntyre - what he has had to deal with is absolutely brutal 

The one thing and the main thing for me that’s changed my mind is Mikey McKenna - I back him over McIntyre any day he’s a passionate guy who is clearly not having him - if he feels that way then that’s going to be the overall consensus in that changing room I’ve no doubt and that cannot be the case. We cannot risk losing important figures in that dressing room for the sake of keeping a guy on who’s on the ropes and has no substantial argument for continuing in the post we need to do everything we can to TRY and stop that from happening because it’s obviously not a given

10 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

And do *you* have any evidence to back up your own speculation?  Or is this just more speculation to join all the other speculation we've had so far?

The onus is on those claiming that a break clause is widespread in lower league Scottish manager contracts to back it up with evidence. The barrage of entirely logical arguments against discredit that claim until evidence is produced.

That's how fact-based analysis works: I can understand why you might be having difficulties with that.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

The onus is on those claiming that a break clause is widespread in lower league Scottish manager contracts to back it up with evidence. The barrage of entirely logical arguments against discredit that claim until evidence is produced.

That's how fact-based analysis works: I can understand why you might be having difficulties with that.

Its speculation from everyone.  Nobody knows anything about this case, including you, and including me.  Break clauses, options, probationary periods etc. exist in all walks of life, including football.  There may be something along those lines here, there may not be.  Neither of us knows the answer.

Edited by ExiledLichtie
Many typos

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why would it be weird to see your most successful ever manager that your fans turned on (deservedly or not) at the end do well for himself in his next job and be anything but pleased for him?

Its funny to see posts like this when you've just given us chapter and verse about how nobody understands the situation at Dundee as a justification for your weird collective obsessive hatred.  

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

I appreciate you are being deliberately condescending to be antagonistic, but you’re making yourself look daft by putting across your own assumptions as fact then demanding folk prove their own claims, no offence like. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its funny to see posts like this when you've just given us chapter and verse about how nobody understands the situation at Dundee as a justification for your weird collective obsessive hatred.  

Most people did understand it. You lads are just choosing to bury your heads in the sand.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Most people did understand it. You lads are just choosing to bury your heads in the sand.

So why do you not find it weird when we wish our ex manager well, considering the norm for you seems to be tear stricken seethe?

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So why do you not find it weird when we wish our ex manager well, considering the norm for you seems to be tear stricken seethe?

Are you trying to compare Jim McIntyre's reign at Dundee with Dick Campbell's at Arbroath?

That's not weird, that's just fucking mental.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Are you trying to compare Jim McIntyre's reign at Dundee with Dick Campbell's at Arbroath?

That's not weird, that's just fucking mental.

Ah, but, to paraphrase a particularly furious Dundee fan, you weren't there man, you don't understand.  How can you understand when it didnt happen to you?