The Arbroath Thread

Nicest kits we’ve had in a very long time and, dare I say, some of the best we’ve ever had imo.

Only down side is the amount of advertising splashed all over but that’s just part of the modern game.

Looks like a nicer, darker shade of maroon than of late too. 

18 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Nicest kits we’ve had in a very long time and, dare I say, some of the best we’ve ever had imo.

Only down side is the amount of advertising splashed all over but that’s just part of the modern game.

Looks like a nicer, darker shade of maroon than of late too. 

Agreed with all of this.  I felt last year our kits were basically red, and some years they've been pink.  Spot on this year, based on those photos.

10 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

It was one of the announcements last year (I think?):

https://www.piobmhorofscotland.com/pages/official-arbroath-fc-tartan

Its the same company who released the managers bunnet stuff.

Cheers, it’s a great touch and fkn lovely to boot. Chuffed with them. 

So now that we know the biggest sponsorship in the clubs history is not for the kit I wonder if Gayfield name will get sponsored? Not that I would be arsed in the slightest this is common practice now and everyone just calls stadiums their names anyway.

Unless Paul Reid meant the cumulative sponsor money amount was the biggest and not a one off deal. 

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cheers, it’s a great touch and fkn lovely to boot. Chuffed with them. 

So now that we know the biggest sponsorship in the clubs history is not for the kit I wonder if Gayfield name will get sponsored? Not that I would be arsed in the slightest this is common practice now and everyone just calls stadiums their names anyway.

Unless Paul Reid meant the cumulative sponsor money amount was the biggest and not a one off deal. 

He did mention stadium sponsorship at the Q&A. But I took that as him just giving a generalised idea of potential pathways to bring more money in and not what was in the process. Maybe testing the rooms reaction of which there was none.

Just have to see what comes about.

24 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

He did mention stadium sponsorship at the Q&A. But I took that as him just giving a generalised idea of potential pathways to bring more money in and not what was in the process. Maybe testing the rooms reaction of which there was none.

Just have to see what comes about.

Each stand is sponsored isn’t it. Well the one stand and 3 enclosures 

I have went and signed up to Always Arbroath for £10 a month. I figured that I would regularly chuck that on a random bet most weeks so why not actually try contribute a little extra to the club.

In a weird way I think it was listening to Inverness fans talk about how pissed off they were with the people running their club and the dire financial state that they are in that maybe pushed me over the edge to actually go and do it. 

Listening to the recent Ewan West, Brian Cargill and Paul Reid interviews kind of made me feel like we are actually extremely lucky to have good people and genuine supporters running our football club and bursting a gut to try and bring in as much support as they can to try and help the club achieve success.

I really hope we’ve got a good season ticket uptake again this year and we hear some good news on that. I think 1k plus would be a success. Would also be good to maybe get an update on the uptake of the Always Arbroath scheme too to try and gauge how much of a success it’s been. I notice other clubs even including the likes of Annan are all trying to add additional funds to help so I think it is a really good scheme overall although obviously understandable why it went down like a lead balloon at the time it was announced. 

Understand that we all have to fork out a lot of cash as it is with getting season tickets etc and it’s not something everyone can justify doing but for me I just thought it’s one bet less a month or a couple of pints less.

Down to 18 days before the first pre season training session so hopefully more news starts filtering through in regard to players. 

Both kits are stunning, much better than the last couple of years. I take it they aren’t doing a 3rd kit this year? Im glad financially but I was imagining a black version with the maroon tartan 😍

53 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I have went and signed up to Always Arbroath for £10 a month. I figured that I would regularly chuck that on a random bet most weeks so why not actually try contribute a little extra to the club.

In a weird way I think it was listening to Inverness fans talk about how pissed off they were with the people running their club and the dire financial state that they are in that maybe pushed me over the edge to actually go and do it. 

Listening to the recent Ewan West, Brian Cargill and Paul Reid interviews kind of made me feel like we are actually extremely lucky to have good people and genuine supporters running our football club and bursting a gut to try and bring in as much support as they can to try and help the club achieve success.

I really hope we’ve got a good season ticket uptake again this year and we hear some good news on that. I think 1k plus would be a success. Would also be good to maybe get an update on the uptake of the Always Arbroath scheme too to try and gauge how much of a success it’s been. I notice other clubs even including the likes of Annan are all trying to add additional funds to help so I think it is a really good scheme overall although obviously understandable why it went down like a lead balloon at the time it was announced. 

Understand that we all have to fork out a lot of cash as it is with getting season tickets etc and it’s not something everyone can justify doing but for me I just thought it’s one bet less a month or a couple of pints less.

Down to 18 days before the first pre season training session so hopefully more news starts filtering through in regard to players. 

Always Arbroath isn’t for me. Iv no issue with folk putting in and it will obviously benefit the club but for me personally I’d rather use that money for away games and supporting the club all over the country. 

I'd held off the Always Arbroath, probably due to the fact how shit the football had been going since it's conception.

Now the dust has settled and some positives ahead, I'm with @1320Lichtie and going to sign up. Mainly, because the few ways I can help the club, apart from the odd game I can attend, is through these initiatives, buying a shirt, being part of online lichties who sponsor a player, etc.

28 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Always Arbroath isn’t for me. Iv no issue with folk putting in and it will obviously benefit the club but for me personally I’d rather use that money for away games and supporting the club all over the country. 

3 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

I'd held off the Always Arbroath, probably due to the fact how shit the football had been going since it's conception.

Now the dust has settled and some positives ahead, I'm with @1320Lichtie and going to sign up. Mainly, because the few ways I can help the club, apart from the odd game I can attend, is through these initiatives, buying a shirt, being part of online lichties who sponsor a player, etc.

Yeah absolutely understand everyone has their own preferences and thoughts on it.

Posted because it was something I had been considering since its inception but had only just bit the bullet there and a part of it was because of what was going on with Caley.

It would be good to see what the uptake was like as it stands and what that actually meant to the club in regard to extra budget for the year etc.