The Arbroath Thread

41 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

New keeper is a very big boy 

Robbie did ok for Airdrie, he came in without a club in a pressurised situation,  very quiet for a keeper which is never good,  Good shot stopper,  sticks to his line a little,  in saying that there are a lot worse keepers going around..

With him well

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

New keeper is a very big boy 

Unfortunately he is completely incapable of judging any type of ball in the air meaning his height is redundant. Wish him well, decent shot stopper (most of the time) and will hopefully improve with a decent pre season/more games. 

9 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Unfortunately he is completely incapable of judging any type of ball in the air meaning his height is redundant. Wish him well, decent shot stopper (most of the time) and will hopefully improve with a decent pre season/more games. 

Time will time, I suppose 

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Wilkie I think

It’s not Wilkie - Wilkie got orange boots on and a tattoo on his thigh. Mystery man in yellow boots with Nike socks on although they look pretty similar

Wilkie below and then another one of mystery man 

IMG_4591.jpeg

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just need a jobber back up keeper as a number 2 and that’ll be the defence and goalies sorted. 16 players in total whenever back up keeper arrives leaving space for 4/5 of which I hope are

Defensive Midfielder

Winger

Striker / Winger 

Striker 

Would imagine a couple of these may be loan signings - also now we’ve got Wilkie and Bisland, two young lads from Dundee - maybe Grady McGrath will become the 3rd as we were linked with him earlier in summer 

I would deffo take a chance on Grady McGrath as the boy knows where the net is.

Started at Dundee FC so must have been decent when he was a youngster then scored loads f goals at first Junior then 2 seasons at Highland League level with Brechin City so the natural progression would be with Forfar in League 2 but i would try to get him on board with us and "if" he is not getting game time as our strikers are doing the business to put him out on loan to the likes of Forfar.

He stays on our doorstep and can score goals but still have to find out at what level, get him on board before our rivals up the coast sign him.

Great to get a Goalkeeper and another defender on board, well done to all at AFC. 

4 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I would deffo take a chance on Grady McGrath as the boy knows where the net is.

Started at Dundee FC so must have been decent when he was a youngster then scored loads f goals at first Junior then 2 seasons at Highland League level with Brechin City so the natural progression would be with Forfar in League 2 but i would try to get him on board with us and "if" he is not getting game time as our strikers are doing the business to put him out on loan to the likes of Forfar.

He stays on our doorstep and can score goals but still have to find out at what level, get him on board before our rivals up the coast sign him.

Great to get a Goalkeeper and another defender on board, well done to all at AFC. 

I also like the idea of having him as part of the squad but not sure if he’d want to go somewhere he’d be guaranteed to play every week or not. 

It feels weird to be signing guys in their early 20s. Certainly freshens things up. If I had to guess right now I’d say as it stands 

Strongest 11 - 

GK - Hemfrey - guaranteed starter

RB - Steele - guaranteed starter

CH - ToB - guaranteed starter 

CH - Hamilton - guaranteed starter

LB - Wilkie

RM - Stewart - guaranteed starter 

CM - Gold - guaranteed starter

CM - Slater

LM - Dow 

CF - Gallagher - guaranteed starter 

CF - Reilly 

Bench - 

DEF - Bisland

DEF - Walker

MID - Callaghan

MID - Murray

MID - Stowe

Defence can obviously change if required. I think we need more striking options and Cal Gal will be our main man. We need a ball winning defensive midfielder and a winger. 

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I also like the idea of having him as part of the squad but not sure if he’d want to go somewhere he’d be guaranteed to play every week or not. 

It feels weird to be signing guys in their early 20s. Certainly freshens things up. If I had to guess right now I’d say as it stands 

Strongest 11 - 

LB - Wilkie

CM - Slater

LM - Dow 

CF - Reilly 

Bench - 

DEF - Bisland

DEF - Walker

MID - Callaghan

MID - Murray

MID - Stowe

Defence can obviously change if required. I think we need more striking options and Cal Gal will be our main man. We need a ball winning defensive midfielder and a winger. 

Taking shape nicely. But I don't agree with Goldie being a Guaranteed starter. As you say a big strong defencive center midfielder is much needed.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Strongest 11 - 

LB - Wilkie

CM - Slater

LM - Dow 

CF - Reilly 

Bench - 

DEF - Bisland

DEF - Walker

MID - Callaghan

MID - Murray

MID - Stowe

If Reilly isn't considered a guaranteed starter I can't wait to see who Arbroath sign for up front next. 

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If Reilly isn't considered a guaranteed starter I can't wait to see who Arbroath sign for up front next. 

I reckon he will be starting most of the time but with 2 uptop you will probably have to change it around a bit depending on form etc - just mean CalGal will be number 1 main man. Reilly be playing with him most weeks I imagine but there’ll presumably be 2 other strikers signed who will be fighting for a spot too. 

20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Strongest 11 - 

LB - Wilkie

CM - Slater

LM - Dow 

CF - Reilly 

Bench - 

DEF - Bisland

DEF - Walker

MID - Callaghan

MID - Murray

MID - Stowe

Cant see Steele (A who previously played mainly at CB for East Fife) starting at RB and having 2 RB's on the bench without Walker leaving. 

Think it will be between Walker and Bisland to start at RB with Stewart as 3rd choice.

Steele and ToB to be the main CB pairing with Hammy dropping into CB from LB if either of them are out.

But also can see Wilkie getting game time to rest Hammy from time to time whether that be starting or from the bench.

30 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Cant see Steele (A who previously played mainly at CB for East Fife) starting at RB and having 2 RB's on the bench without Walker leaving. 

Think it will be between Walker and Bisland to start at RB with Stewart as 3rd choice.

Steele and ToB to be the main CB pairing with Hammy dropping into CB from LB if either of them are out.

But also can see Wilkie getting game time to rest Hammy from time to time whether that be starting or from the bench.

Don’t think it really matters if there’s 2 RBs on the bench or not 

If Steele gets injured one can come on

If ToB got injured one can come on and Steele can shift across 

If Hammy gets injured the same can happen 

If Wilkie gets injured then one can come on and Hammy can move to LB and Steele CH

Makes no real difference really. Although I’ve never seen either Wilkie or Bisland play. Maybe Walker will be number 1 right back. I’ve no idea 

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Email today saying over 500 season tickets sold - decent number at this stage when fixtures not even released and all eyes on Scotland (lol). Would imagine we should get to 1k plus again this season 

Be a lot of fence sitters waiting to see how we start before taking the plunge. Got mine though. Cmon Lichties