The Arbroath Thread

Has to go. Should have went at end of last season. Got individual players but no team. If he doesn’t resign, he’s got to be fired.

Meant to say Callaghan is a terrible football player

Edited by mountzionbrae

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Is this a bit of entitlement creeping in from the Smokies after an almost record-breaking stay for a part-time team in the Championship?

You want to give this pish a rest you’ve been doing it all summer. No there is no entitlement and we all basically deep down expect us to lose every week

Ffs 😂 

8 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Big call for the AFC board now!!!

Heard from a few sources JMAC is on a very tidy sum at AFC...Do they have the money to pay him off?

Stewart Petrie not available either new contract till 2027

Welcome to League 1 fitba!😉

You missed your chance last week!!!!

What a day you would’ve had if you’d done what Kelty did today 

Another Liam Callaghan disasterclass - in a way I feel sorry for him because he’s absolutely not up to whatever it is McIntyre actually wants him to do 😂

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Another Liam Callaghan disasterclass - in a way I feel sorry for him because he’s absolutely not up to whatever it is McIntyre actually wants him to do 😂

He’s absolutely rank rotten lost the ball in awful areas today one leading up to a goal - done the same against stenny in the first 4 minutes and nearly cost us a goal too. He’s awful

6 minutes ago, mountzionbrae said:

Has to go. Should have went at end of last season. Got individual players but no team. If he doesn’t resign, he’s got to be fired.

No, should have been fired before the end of last season

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You want to give this pish a rest you’ve been doing it all summer. No there is no entitlement and we all basically deep down expect us to lose every week

Ffs 😂 

My pals who were telling me it was coming home all summer came out with something very similar, post July 14th 😉

Edited by FifeSons

9 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

He’s absolutely rank rotten lost the ball in awful areas today one leading up to a goal - done the same against stenny in the first 4 minutes and nearly cost us a goal too. He’s awful

I thought it was a weird signing, thought he could be a decent squad player to come off bench and do a job or even to do a job in a midfield 3. But to have him as your Quarterback, the player everything goes through (in Michael McKennas number 8 jersey too ffs) in a midfield 2 where he’s the deep lying player is just beyond belief 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

21 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Is this a bit of entitlement creeping in from the Smokies after an almost record-breaking stay for a part-time team in the Championship?

Definitely, we certainly shouldn't be expecting to win more than 2 league games in 11 months. Arrogant as feck

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I thought it was a weird signing, thought he could be a decent squad player to come off bench and do a job or even to do a job in a midfield 3. But to have him as your Quarterback, the player everything goes through (in Michael McKennas number 8 jersey too ffs) in a midfield 2 where he’s the deep lying player is just beyond belief 

Him wearing Mckenna’s 8 is absolutely abhorrent makes me sick when I’m watching him. Absolute sacrilege 

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You missed your chance last week!!!!

What a day you would’ve had if you’d done what Kelty did today 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Inverkeilor and Meadowbank housing projects are BOOMING for anyone interested

Please stop this pish, the boy was trying to sack him last week, failed because of no boardroom backers, concentrate on sacking failures instead of attacking long life Arbroath supporters who go above and beyond.

I am afraid that is time up.

Have given him a chance after writing off what happened last season. Always knew the start of this season would be tricky but today was dire.

I can see he wants to try and control games and work the ball about but with the lack of movement in attack and poor final ball we never looked threatening. 

Could see the first goal coming a mile away. Kelty boy rushed out knowing full well Callaghan was going to play it there and ihe ntercepted it amd run with it. The boys we had back just didnt know what to do and they score. Heads down after that.

2nd and 3rd goal was shite defending

Jim McIntyre must surely know the gig is up. The manner of the defeat and the league position leave him dead in the water.

Just now, permalicht said:

David Gold to take over and Linn is doing his coaching badges, watch this space 👀.

I would let Hammy take the team next week