The Arbroath Thread

17 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I believe we also have previously sold a stand only allocation to Queens Park (could be wrong on the club, but I mind a group of fans complaining about not having terracing access).  It would make sense that if we had seats available, we would have to offer a seated section, but it makes no sense that we would *have* to offer terracing.  I'm with Lichtgilphead on this one.

IIRC we’ve also given standing only to raith 

8 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I've sat in the stands at the Recs, Galabank & Tinks Park. I've also stood in the covered terracing at all 3. However, the current segregation arrangements at these 3 grounds allocate no covered terracing to the away fans. The only covered away allocation is in the stands.

This contradicts @Lichtielegend & @lichtie23's contention that away clubs have to be offered seating AND covered terracing if available (my emphasis)

Accordingly, given these 3 exceptions, I fail to see why Arbroath have to offer both covered seating & covered terracing when we don't have the same option at a third of our away league trips this season.

It was introduced this season, apparently.

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I've sat in the stands at the Recs, Galabank & Tinks Park. I've also stood in the covered terracing at all 3. However, the current segregation arrangements at these 3 grounds allocate no covered terracing to the away fans. The only covered away allocation is in the stands.

This contradicts @Lichtielegend & @lichtie23's contention that away clubs have to be offered seating AND covered terracing if available (my emphasis)

Accordingly, given these 3 exceptions, I fail to see why Arbroath have to offer both covered seating & covered terracing when we don't have the same option at a third of our away league trips this season.

Firstly, there's absolutely no need for the use of "tinks" here. It's not really an acceptable phrase to be throwing around any more. 

As for the question at hand, if Arbroath were only offering me a seat in the stand I wouldn't attend Gayfield. I think a lot is being made of the "covered" terracing which I'm not sure is true - you'll have to offer standing and seating to fans but that's it. 

11 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

In the premier league playoff vs ICT, they only got covered seating and no covered rerracing. The temporay barriers were to the stand side of the Harbour End covered terrace IIRC

I’m pretty sure that in the playoff game Inverness got about half of the harbour end covered terracing. They actually had a decent support through, maybe 500.

Could be wrong though as I’m trying to erase that game from my memory.

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I’m pretty sure that in the playoff game Inverness got about half of the harbour end covered terracing. They actually had a decent support through, maybe 500.

Could be wrong though as I’m trying to erase that game from my memory.

No, I'm wrong. The YouTube highlights show that the segregation was down the middle of the covered terrace at the Harbour End.

My only excuse is that I was I hospitality pre (and post) match

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Firstly, there's absolutely no need for the use of "tinks" here. It's not really an acceptable phrase to be throwing around any more. 

As for the question at hand, if Arbroath were only offering me a seat in the stand I wouldn't attend Gayfield. I think a lot is being made of the "covered" terracing which I'm not sure is true - you'll have to offer standing and seating to fans but that's it. 

Yeah. My recollection is that you had to offer a choice of terracing or seating (if you have it) but don’t remember anything about cover. I also thought it was to do with pricing? I.e. we are allowed to offer seating only so long as it’s the same price as standing.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah. My recollection is that you had to offer a choice of terracing or seating (if you have it) but don’t remember anything about cover. I also thought it was to do with pricing? I.e. we are allowed to offer seating only so long as it’s the same price as standing.

IIRC our seating is £1 dearer than standing 

11 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

IIRC our seating is £1 dearer than standing 

Exactly and I remember that being a talking point last season.

I think there was a situation where visiting fans were given seats at standing prices due to them not being given any standing or only the uncovered bit up to the corner flag.

I think that’s a good solution if it means we can get both ends.

Edited by Tattie36

On 30/09/2024 at 20:18, Fitbafan36 said:

Niche Monday night brain teaser this (and I’m aware there’s a game this week first) but is Fraser Taylor cup tied for the Trust Trophy game at Alloa? He played in a 3-2 Round 1 win over Berwick but St Mirren were then kicked out for fielding an ineligible player and Berwick went through 3-0. So I’m curious if that counts or not? 

On 30/09/2024 at 20:42, lichtie23 said:

Iv just asked the same thing to someone at the club. Il report back if I get an answer 

He's 100% cup tied. The game didn't "not happen". It did happen and the tie was awarded to Berwick. He's played in this year's competition, he's cup tied.

17 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

I heard something about the away clubs having to be offered seating and covered terracing (if available) tickets which makes non-segregation tricky.

Nope, no such rule exists.

15 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There's absolutely no rule requiring away fans to be allocated standing or seating at all. I'm not sure where this is coming from? The requirement under rules I27 & I28 are simply:

I27 The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

I28 A section of the ground must be reserved for supporters of the Visiting Club and any tickets for League Matches and Play-Off Matches must be distributed on that basis. Details of these arrangements should be publicised by the Clubs concerned in advance.

There's no requirement per se to offer either seating or standing, just "a reasonable number". Home club is also obliged not to charge away fans more for the same accommodation as home fans.

We only make the Stand available to away fans. There's no terrace option for away fans at Palmerston unless they fill their part of the stand which nobody in this division will, in which case we might open the away terrace though it's more likely we'll move the segregation point in the stand.