The Arbroath Thread

On 13/10/2024 at 12:31, kenwood65 said:

Does anyone on this forum know why Sevco B never play the same week as all the other ties in the challenge cup , been happening for years , or is it just a SPFL/Sevco thing ?

Unsure if this is some sort of whoosh but taking it at face value, because of international call ups is the correct answer.

58 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A David Gold interview - for anyone interested. Found it really insightful and interesting personally. What a good guy. 

ETA - and a Ross Gray interview as well of course

Good watch, no idea how he manages to be a player/manager and run his own company but hats off. Really nice guy who just wants to do the best for arbroath fc and the kids in his coaching job.

Any update on the fitness of our striker Calum Gallagher?

IMO on paper he was a fantastic singing by our ex-Manager JMc but because of injury we have not really seen him at his best but in the few minutes i have seen him on the park he looks a very tidy player who is always is looking to shoot at goal and was unlucky having a shot hit the post and a defender getting a block on a certain goal plus the goalkeeper making a decent save.

Not sure if it was out of frustration or directions by JMc but he did keep coming deep to get the ball but his track record at this level is very good plus he is only 30 years old but i would love to see him as our focal point number 9 and penalty box striker playing off of the very impressive Reilly.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0. 

19 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Any update on the fitness of our striker Calum Gallagher?

IMO on paper he was a fantastic singing by our ex-Manager JMc but because of injury we have not really seen him at his best but in the few minutes i have seen him on the park he looks a very tidy player who is always is looking to shoot at goal and was unlucky having a shot hit the post and a defender getting a block on a certain goal plus the goalkeeper making a decent save.

Not sure if it was out of frustration or directions by JMc but he did keep coming deep to get the ball but his track record at this level is very good plus he is only 30 years old but i would love to see him as our focal point number 9 and penalty box striker playing off of the very impressive Reilly.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0. 

Said it couple weeks back but he’ll literally be like a new signing when he’s back fit which is exciting as he is one of the best strikers in the division. Think it’s a niggling calf injury, hope he’s back on park soon 

27 minutes ago, JobbieSandwich said:

He wants away and won't risk aggravating an injury which could scupper a move.

Aye. He joined in the summer. Got injured straight, has struggled to recover and  now wants away after less than 4 months. What utter pish

Of the few games where saw Reilly and Gallagher together under McIntyre, it was a bit frustrating, because when our midfield prepared for its big punt forwards, Gallagher had invariably dropped deep, and Reilly had inevitably drifted wide, leaving nobody in the middle.  That could have been tactical, but Reilly has continued to drop deep when he really shouldn't.

SimonLichtie mentioned a few weeks back that he's of the opinion that Gallagher can't play in our lone striker system (apparently we have a striker shortage, who knew!), but I'm not so sure.  One thing I'd say about Gallagher is that when he's on the pitch, he actually *looks* like a dangerous striker.  I'd love to see him get a run of games so we can properly see what he offers us.  At the very least, we need a decent striker to bring on for Reilly (and vice versa).  

I wonder if people are willing to agree with me yet on that?