Has P&B Influenced You?

Ludo*1

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So why are you on a football forum then? What brought you here?

You seem awfully upset. I can't think why.

To discuss football but this thread intrigued me on my lunch break at work.

What makes me seem upset? That's twice that one's been levelled at me.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My family is unequivocally pro-union, and I was raised that way. They will not even consider a Yes vote in the referendum. Now if I've lived with them for 17 years of my life, you do not believe that they would have any influence on me voting No in the referendum?

ETA: By Twitter I also mean links to Youtube videos and news articles which aren't limited to 140 characters (not charachters lolz)

I never said that at all, i do believe they'd have a massive influence on your voting patterns, just don't get why you used your parents being English or your dads support of Rangers as a factor towards your reasoning. What do either have to do with Scottish independence?

Sorry i forgot that's what people usually mean when they say Twitter.

I've found this site by far the best for Referendum debate. I'm on the Tartan Army one but that is almost totally YES views which is nice but doesn't lead to any real debate. On here we have had a few NO voters eager to debate, along with the nutters like HB

Strichener and Thumper were the first two that sprung to mind but other than that yes you do seem like a pretty smart bloke which is why im not sure why you are so critical of just one side.

P and B and this particular forum are defintely huge steps up in intelligence than your random punter on social media or on the street in my opinion.

If any rockets such as Im Rodger turn up they are quickly ridiculed before leaving aswell which doesnt happen in other places.

Not sure why Jehova is so critical of the debates had on here theyve been mostly on the whole rather good IMO.

Jesus, you believe all of the above don't you? :unsure2:

I've found this site by far the best for Referendum debate. I'm on the Tartan Army one but that is almost totally YES views which is nice but doesn't lead to any real debate. On here we have had a few NO voters eager to debate, along with the nutters like HB

Balanced as f**k.

My family is unequivocally pro-union, and I was raised that way. They will not even consider a Yes vote in the referendum. Now if I've lived with them for 17 years of my life, you do not believe that they would have any influence on me voting No in the referendum?

My mum and step-dad are both English by birth and heavy No supporters because of family Down South etc (which is utterly stupid imo, but hey). However, I'm old enough to think independently, research / weigh up the options myself and take their opinion just as much as my friends. My step-dad who feels the strongest about it has had as much influence in my decision as H_B.

I'd take any advice from someone who can't be bothered researching both sides by just saying No right at the start with a rather large pinch of salt anyway.

Does anyone know if there is a bigger or busier Scottish online forum/sub forum on Scottish Independence than this one?

I suspect there may be some scottish politics forum elsewhere but haven't seen any

/r/Scotland is pretty good. It's pretty Yes leaning aswell.

P&B is the most one sided website i've viewed on the subject. It's a bubble, the demographics of the website are clearly in line with that of a "yes" vote.

If anyone is taking information or opinion on independence from Pie and Bovril seriously then they spend too much time on the internet.

Could you post a link to a more even debate?

As a very rare poster (am far too slow witted) but regular reader of P&B I've not added anything to the debate. The forum have reinforced my views. I find it really interesting reading folks views when I've no idea about them or their background, takes away any pre conceived ideas.

As a very rare poster (am far too slow witted) but regular reader of P&B I've not added anything to the debate. The forum have reinforced my views. I find it really interesting reading folks views when I've no idea about them or their background, takes away any pre conceived ideas.

Nobody's too slow witted for P&B mate, believe me. Don't be afraid to fire in with your views. I do regularly, and I'm a fanny.

:)

I find it really interesting reading folks views when I've no idea about them or their background, takes away any pre conceived ideas.

Don't be afraid to fire in with your views.

I find these quite important points actually. Plenty of folk wouldn't bring up such discussion at work or within a group of friends for various reasons but being anonymous on a platform such as this allows you to fire away without any issue.

Unless you're a Brechin fan of course. Every c*** knows who everyone else is.

Archived