All things Dundee FC

Nicky Low set to miss the trip to Austria and the league cup games. One I would be looking at offloading in the near future tbh. Always injured, doesn't contribute a great deal when he does play.

cant see him being here at the end of he season. Not even sure hes played a full 90 minutes for us yet.

3 year deal will mean a hefty pay off. Was a strange signing as he looked bang average when at Aberdeen.

Na, he's a player. Unfortunately it's not worked out due to injuries.

Speaking to the Sheep at work today and they reckon he's better than Cammy Smith for example and that he would have made it at the Dons but for injuries.

Shame for the lad but I agree we need to cut our losses if this season goes the same way.

He'd have a year left on his deal and isn't a particularly high earner so wouldn't be too expensive to release, particularly if another club express an interest in taking him for free.

Think Low does have something. Hartley seemed to be wanting to get him confident to express himself going forward and I did think that when he last come back to fitness, he started to look a bit better and get the basics right (his positioning in early games was pretty woeful) and get settled but then was injured again.

His performance as a sub in the first 2-2 derby and against St Johnstone in the 2-1 victory showed that he can potentially be effective at this level. 

It'll maybe be over for him if he has another extended setback though.

3 year deal will mean a hefty pay off

I wouldn't be surprised if the third year isn't actually firmed up and is only activated by a clause of some sort. Imagine deals will have escape routes built into them.

EDIT: Realise the contradiction of criticising his early games and then picking 2 out where I thought he looked very good but there was a period after his first injury (or virus maybe) when he struggled a bit more. Think he started well then declined and then improved again.

Edited by harry94

Meggatt is away, don't think he was cut out for this level but feel a bit sorry for him due to injuries

Never really got a chance at his natural left back position and probably would have had he not had that long lay off.

Looked like he really struggled to read a game and was never on the same wavelength as others.

Last bit think yer talking shite.

We have better and he struggled with injuries. When he did play a part from 1 game where he had a mare I think he did well. Hopefully Hartley brings in someone else

Your the one talking shite. He was out of his depth and looked utter gash nearly every time he played. 

Last bit think yer talking shite.

We have better and he struggled with injuries. When he did play a part from 1 game where he had a mare I think he did well. Hopefully Hartley brings in someone else

Meh maybe, we've not really got a big sample size. One of them was horrific and saw him taken off at half time and the other we lost to Hamilton and he looked woeful when in possession and positioning but he did seem solid enough in the tackle and man to man combat. His sub appearances were OK but we're talking of a few ten minute periods.

Never had the benefit of seeing him longer which would have maybe negated that but I would have been very surprised had he continued into this season.

Even the game regarding Hamilton a lot of them players were a disgrace that day.

Like I said I'm sure Hartley has a replacement in mind because he is okay back up.

Meggatt wasn't good enough.

Hartley realised that early on and his appearance count reflects that regardless of spells injured.

Meggatt was awful. We are definitely needing to beef up the LB/RB areas. Who do we have that can cover Holt and Kerr- is it just O'Hara?

The other forum seems to think we are bringing in Kevin McNaughton.

Ohara, ludo is saying Hartley brought him in for the middle of the park

I'm not second guessing anyone, I just passed the information along from what Hartley said in the media which was:

'He can play right-back but we want to develop him in the middle of the park.'

The other forum seems to think we are bringing in Kevin McNaughton.

I saw that was a rumour. I would be pretty happy with that.. Still think we would need one more. I think Hartleys comment on O'Hara was about central defence, not midfield. Could be wrong though.

I saw that was a rumour. I would be pretty happy with that.. Still think we would need one more. I think Hartleys comment on O'Hara was about central defence, not midfield. Could be wrong though.

'Middle of the park' seems pretty clear to me he means Cm although you're not the first one to say that.

We've already got 4 CH's and by all accounts have apparently been looking for another with Hartley saying we're likely to go with 4 at the back, ie, 2 CH's I can only see him meaning midfield.