All things Dundee FC

Few bits and pieces from what I picked up from the interviews on DeeTV before and after the Dumbarton match.

Paul McGowan has obviously been given the all clear (Which Hartley was speaking about pre-Dumbarton) so will be in the squad for tonight. Hartley is asked, 'What's the situation with Harkins?' - Hartley starts smiling and says, 'There's nothing we want to comment on just now.' The interviewer then asks, 'Has he left the club?' to which Hartley just says, 'No, no, he's still here'. Not exactly telling us anything new, but I found it strange nonetheless.

Hartley then gives a rundown on the status of all our players that are out injured, basically, things are starting to look good other than the obvious exception which is McPake. Hartley completely forgets about Nicky Low until prompted by the interviewer to which he confirms, 'He's behind schedule'.

Hartley says he'd prefer if we could use 5 or 6 subs in these League Cup group section games so that the players can get the required minutes. He also says that there shouldn't be a transfer window, as 'Teams sometimes need players later on, 'especially in Scotland'.

Post-match - Hartley says he feels we are '1 or 2' players short at the back. I reckon he's wanting another RB in to ease the pressure on Cammy as well.

Moving onto Greg Stewart's post-match interview he states, 'I felt the first half wasn't good enough from myself, felt a wee bit rusty'. 'The boys had a few words at HT as we knew it wasn't good enough'.

Speaking about his free-kick that opened the scoring, 'It was a bit of an in-between (Cross or shot). When I'm in that position I always aim for the back post, so that if all the boys miss it, there's always a chance.' He follows this up by saying, 'Let's be honest though, the keeper should have held it, punched it, but I'll take it.'

Stewart has a slight go at the fans, 'The fans were getting on top of us a wee bit, but I can see why they did, but I would say, just give us time, there's a few new faces, it's still pre-season, we'll get it right and hopefully have another successful season.'

Stewart is asked on what he thinks on the format of the cup, he seems most against the penalty shoot-out point as he says, 'That's a wee bit weird that one.' He seems to be in favour overall though.

That pretty much sums the interviews up. Think the content on DeeTV is excellent these days, much better than it was when it was DFCTV. I'd urge anyone needing that Dundee fix to sign-up, especially if you can't afford a season ticket as you get full replays of pretty much all the matches.

Good post. I'd agree with the areas we need to strengthen in plus maybe another creative player depending on the Harkins situation. McGowan being back is a massive boost and I expect him to start both cup games left ahead of the league opener next Saturday.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

. Think the content on DeeTV is excellent these days, much better than it was when it was DFCTV. I'd urge anyone needing that Dundee fix to sign-up, especially if you can't afford a season ticket as you get full replays of pretty much all the matches.

You are right about DeeTV as far as UK nationals are concerned

AND as an exile in Germany I'm glad to have any live video of the games - it has totally changed my supporting experience.

BUT

1. The quality of the live stream is pretty poor. Highly pixelated and indistinct (although the replays are good!). I've got a 100 M/bit - feed and live broadcasts from Dens from      other  sources e.g Everton and Man City have been excellent.

2.  The infrastructure is pretty poor. There's no commentary (O.K.not really a deal breaker...). There are no instant replays of goals

and important incidents such as provided by Falkirk and Hearts.

3. And importantly, DeeTV showed a large number of away games two seasons ago and this season there were none. I think they

have to be up front to customers and say in advance that there will be no away games, leaving customers to decide whether 120 quid

for a virtual season ticket is better than a fiver a game.

Having said all this, a fiver a game is better value than Hearts or Falkirk and the bottom line is that ex-pats can watch all live home games

at a very fair price - and watch replays of all games and highlights and interviews..... OK I'll sign up again!

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Few bits and pieces from what I picked up from the interviews on DeeTV before and after the Dumbarton match.

Paul McGowan has obviously been given the all clear (Which Hartley was speaking about pre-Dumbarton) so will be in the squad for tonight. Hartley is asked, 'What's the situation with Harkins?' - Hartley starts smiling and says, 'There's nothing we want to comment on just now.' The interviewer then asks, 'Has he left the club?' to which Hartley just says, 'No, no, he's still here'. Not exactly telling us anything new, but I found it strange nonetheless.

Hartley then gives a rundown on the status of all our players that are out injured, basically, things are starting to look good other than the obvious exception which is McPake. Hartley completely forgets about Nicky Low until prompted by the interviewer to which he confirms, 'He's behind schedule'.

Hartley says he'd prefer if we could use 5 or 6 subs in these League Cup group section games so that the players can get the required minutes. He also says that there shouldn't be a transfer window, as 'Teams sometimes need players later on, 'especially in Scotland'.

Post-match - Hartley says he feels we are '1 or 2' players short at the back. I reckon he's wanting another RB in to ease the pressure on Cammy as well.

Moving onto Greg Stewart's post-match interview he states, 'I felt the first half wasn't good enough from myself, felt a wee bit rusty'. 'The boys had a few words at HT as we knew it wasn't good enough'.

Speaking about his free-kick that opened the scoring, 'It was a bit of an in-between (Cross or shot). When I'm in that position I always aim for the back post, so that if all the boys miss it, there's always a chance.' He follows this up by saying, 'Let's be honest though, the keeper should have held it, punched it, but I'll take it.'

Stewart has a slight go at the fans, 'The fans were getting on top of us a wee bit, but I can see why they did, but I would say, just give us time, there's a few new faces, it's still pre-season, we'll get it right and hopefully have another successful season.'

Stewart is asked on what he thinks on the format of the cup, he seems most against the penalty shoot-out point as he says, 'That's a wee bit weird that one.' He seems to be in favour overall though.

That pretty much sums the interviews up. Think the content on DeeTV is excellent these days, much better than it was when it was DFCTV. I'd urge anyone needing that Dundee fix to sign-up, especially if you can't afford a season ticket as you get full replays of pretty much all the matches.

Good post, Ludo.

Thanks for taking the time to post details of the interview Ludo.  Did you get the vibes that Hartley has already lost patience / confidence in Low?

Was hearing the final straw with Harkins was that he returned from pre season overweight and has failed to get back down to the minimum weight and fitness Hartley was willing to accept.  The suggestion was that all players are weighed etc before the start of the close season and are weighted upon their return.  It's accepted they will return a little out of shape but not too much.  All just 'bloke down the pub said' stuff but it would tie in with Hartley being big on his players being fit. 

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Same here, this is a pile of shite Hartley.

3 minutes ago, srw said:

Its going to be a long hard season.

Well done Hartley, great manager.

Have faith. Hartley is the best, young, Scottish manager around :whistle

Very poor. I'm not accepting it is still 'pre-season'.  Every other club has had to face the same problem, many with less resources.

This will surely effect the crowd for the Forfar match. Will probably effect the sale of season tickets as well.  Everything has a knock on effect.

Too early to panic but disappointing all the same.

Seen a video of McGowan wellying the ball at one of the young boys everytime the boy has a bad touch. :lol: 

Everyday the love for Gowser grows. 

Doesn't seem to be a two way thing

From Twitter... Darren O'Dea has to pull Paul McGowan away from away end. He appeared to be arguing with fans. It's all going on here.

6 minutes ago, srw said:

Dundee are almost certainly out of the cup, and its not even August yet, absolutely comical.

FFS, what shite will Hartley spout this time.

Whoever this dab is, he's trying too hard.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Whoever this dab is, he's trying too hard.

So this is acceptable then? Someone can support DFC, but not be a fan of their manager, its quite possible.