All things Dundee FC

If he was getting interest from China at 2-3million why didn't we push for a bigger release clause?

Is there any news if there is a sell on clause in the probable case that he has a stormer of a season?

So I was right and the Dundee fans wild over-valuation of the player was indeed fantasy?

I'm shocked.

Nope. Because it wasn't an overvaluation had there been no clause. Dundee fans were told there was no clause, ergo Dundee fans valuation of Hemmings was entirely reasonable.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

It's really not. Other than in a Liam Kennedy article.

It really is tbh, and the articles are nothing to do with him 

It really is tbh, and the articles are nothing to do with him 

I know you like spouting shite and are having a great time right now (I don't begrudge that) but you've plucked £400k out your head tbf.

Taking this well then[emoji38]
Proper heads gone later when Stewart goes for less than the Walter Mitty-esque figures quoted earlier in the thread.

Quite reasonably I think all things considered.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know you like spouting shite and are having a great time right now (I don't begrudge that) but you've plucked £400k out your head tbf.

Just have to wait and see, worth considering hes older than Hemmings and only has a year left on his deal. £150k seems reasonable based on that.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just have to wait and see, worth considering hes older than Hemmings and only has a year left on his deal. £150k seems reasonable based on that.

But you can't really base it on Hemmings if there isn't a clause in there.

The board should just refuse any bid for Stewart. Relegation costs millions and is much more devastating than gaining a few hundred grand.

It's true that English teams have more money even in lower leagues but we are making a major error if we think they have to spend big sums when chasing players up here.

They know most Scottish clubs function on a money in-money out basis to stay in business.  It means they can offer low fees knowing full well that the other club is in a position where it can't say no (I know a handful of transfers down south have generated some decent money in the last couple of years but overall players up here usually go for well under £1m, usually under £500k; anything outwith that really makes people sit up e.g. McCarthy from the Hammies for £1.2m way back).

2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

It's true that English teams have more money even in lower leagues but we are making a major error if we think they have to spend big sums when chasing players up here.

They know most Scottish clubs function on a money in-money out basis to stay in business.  It means they can offer low fees knowing full well that the other club is in a position where it can't say no (I know a handful of transfers down south have generated some decent money in the last couple of years but overall players up here usually go for well under £1m, usually under £500k; anything outwith that really makes people sit up e.g. McCarthy from the Hammies for £1.2m way back).

Aye, whatever helps you sleep at night mate.