All things Dundee FC

I suspect we will likely go down the loan market for a striker

Saying that if we do, knowing our luck it'll be some 18 year old that scored 60 goals in the under 21 league with "lots of potential " and or a "definitely 1 for the future "

I agree. That's just the way football is. Shite for us but can't blame him! Hartley must have planned just incase this happened...

Refer to my previous post

RandomGuy is trying really hard. Like, really, really hard. 

I haven't seen him this excited since he 'stumbled' upon Kyle's Facebook page the other day.

Yeah he's coming across quite thick here.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: You genuinely believe that?

When we signed him, he sacrificed extra years at Barnsley (there was a clause for extra years in his deal) and he was on good money. We tried to sign him the year before and he was touring teams (I think he trialled with a Premiership side) and was a pretty big prospect. He was well known in the press and people seemed to have the consensus that he was on his way up.

His career didn't start at Dundee. He was well known before it and could have earned a lot more money last year. Hartley was trying desperately to get him for a while and it's not really surprising that the deals been done on his terms.

Just now, harry94 said:

When we signed him, he sacrificed extra years at Barnsley (there was a clause for extra years in his deal) and he was on good money. We tried to sign him the year before and he was touring teams (I think he trialled with a Premiership side) and was a pretty big prospect. He was well known in the press and people seemed to have the consensus that he was on his way up.

He was released by Barnsley for not scoring enough, and didnt "turn down" any extension there

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was released by Barnsley for not scoring enough, and didnt "turn down" any extension there

No he wasn't. He activated a clause by playing a minimum number of games. It was incorrectly quoted as a 'pre-contract' but he was entitled to remain there.

Just now, harry94 said:

No he wasn't. He activated a clause by playing a minimum number of games. It was incorrectly quoted as a 'pre-contract' but he was entitled to remain there.

No, no he wasn't. He scored five goals in League One and was told his one year contract wasnt being extended.

The following players whose contracts expire at the end of June 2015 have not been made offers of re-engagement and will therefore leave the Club are: 

Nana Boakye-Yiadom, Martin Cranie, Kane Hemmings, Leroy Lita, Jean-Yves M’Voto and Rhys Oates.

The Club would like to thank of all the above players for their contribution to the Club during their time at Oakwell and wish them all the best with their future careers.

Read more at http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/barnsley-fc-retained-list-2445047.aspx#wJfJEK0V7g3vf2M3.99

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/barnsley-fc-retained-list-2445047.aspx

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He'd be wanting some game time I would think though. Barnsley would be quite happy to get rid of him after a poor season and he'd be happy to get the chance to try to rebuild his reputation at a decent level.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, no he wasn't. He scored five goals in League One and was told his one year contract wasnt being extended.

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/barnsley-fc-retained-list-2445047.aspx

And that doesn't tell the full story. He's said all this himself. It wasn't reported accurately, or at least fully, at the time.

They weren't too fussed by him leaving and not bothered by the contract expiring but if he wanted to, he could have stayed. He got a pretty good deal when he arrived because he rejected better sides to go there. His vision was having that option to leave them and go on to better things after a year but that never worked out for him and he never got the game time and wasn't played in the right position (he was used mainly as a winger).

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

And that doesn't tell the full story. He's said all this himself. It wasn't reported accurately, or at least fully, at the time.

They weren't too fussed by him leaving and not bothered by the contract expiring but if he wanted to, he could have stayed. He got a pretty good deal when he arrived because he rejected better sides to go there. His vision was having that option to leave them and go on to better things after a year but that never worked out for him and he never got the game time and wasn't played in the right position (he was used mainly as a winger).

Clearly you're in the right and the Official Barnsley statement is in the wrong. 

My mistake.

Will certainly be interesting to see how he does this time back at that level.

His confidence is at an all time high and he has the ability I don't see why he can't make a real go of things down south and if he doesn't feel loved he can always come back with open arms and big feck off release clause(850k) seems reasonable