All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I assume we're no gonna pay for a new striker so my question is,

Who is a reasonable replacement?

I read through the thread we are looking for a defender, midfielder and striker , of these the names so far are Scott Allan and el baka(whatever) both I think are unrealistic

Why would signing El Bakhtaoui be unrealistic? 

23 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I don't know, but Morton once paid us money for Tony Wallace who had 3 good games for us :lol:

How much did Morton pay for Templeman? I think it was a rather astonishing sum.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm laughing at how amateur your club is to actually agree to a £250k release clause for anyone who can actually kick a football. Thats an absolutely embarrassing figure 

Says a guy who supports a team who is playing in amateur football strips next season.

Fackin' 'ell. What a thread!

Hemmings gone for peanuts and Stewart probably off for peanuts...

Hartley better have some absolute GOLD up his sleeve...

Does anyone believe he has some gold up his sleeve?

Just now, K.T said:

Hemmings clearly wanted to go. Hartley spoke to him and he wanted to talk to Oxford so...f**k him. Life goes on. Yordi is my boy now!

There's f**k all you can do when he wants out. Why he wanted to leave would be a better question to ask. 

Is Yordi any good?

BBC says that Birmingham City are looking at Stewart for a similar (Hemmings) offer:

"Oxford United paid Dundee £250,000 for the transfer of Kane Hemmings and Birmingham City are poised to table a similar offer for his Dens Park strike partner, Greg Stewart. (The Sun, print edition)"

(don't know if this was posted earlier!)

3 minutes ago, K.T said:

Hemmings clearly wanted to go. Hartley spoke to him and he wanted to talk to Oxford so...f**k him. Life goes on. Yordi is my boy now!

This pretty much. Gotta move on and quick!

Gonna be an absolute Jeremy to replace though...

The chap at Dunfermline would be ace...

There's f**k all you can do when he wants out. Why he wanted to leave would be a better question to ask. 

Is Yordi any good?

Hartley said he wanted closer to his family down south plus he'll triple his wages basically. No brainer from Hemmings.

Is Yordi any good?

More money is the obvious answer and closer to his family was some other comment used. Meh. Yordi will be showing that Robin Van Persie boy who the real Dutch goal scoring hero is. (If RvP signs for The Rangers) :)

5 minutes ago, K.T said:

Hemmings clearly wanted to go. Hartley spoke to him and he wanted to talk to Oxford.

Quite rightly, he'll be closer to his family whilst earning ridiculous money and playing at a higher level. He'd have to have been silly not to, it ticks all the boxes for him.

How much did Morton pay for Templeman? I think it was a rather astonishing sum.

Cause if he's currently trailing at Blackburn it makes sense to think bigger clubs than us want him plus we clearly cant compete with the wages offered I would only see el bak as a replacement for Stewart in the unlikely event we get him

1 minute ago, K.T said:

More money is the obvious answer and closer to his family was some other comment used. Meh. Yordi will be showing that Robin Van Persie boy who the real Dutch goal scoring hero is. (If RvP signs for The Rangers) :)

C**t meets c**nts.

Is he old enough to play for Rangers?

I'd be shocked if we actually got £1m for Stephen Hendrie up front. It would probably be something like 250k plus lots of add ons to take it up to that fee but we'll likely never get anything near that amount. Still, a decent fee for a sub-standard player.

This pretty much. Gotta move on and quick!

Gonna be an absolute Jeremy to replace though...

The chap at Dunfermline would be ace...

We won't replace Hemmings. He is easily the best finisher I've seen at Dens in a long time and I expect it will be a long time till we see another like him. What we need is to tighten the defence and work hard. We must have the shittest midfield in Scotland in terms of goals as well, so hopefully they start chipping in with a few. Tough season ahead!

23 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Whilst the fee is low, they probably won't have got him had they not put the release clause in

:lol: You genuinely believe that?

Quite rightly, he'll be closer to his family whilst earning ridiculous money and playing at a higher level. He'd have to have been silly not to, it ticks all the boxes for him.

I agree. That's just the way football is. Shite for us but can't blame him! Hartley must have planned just incase this happened...

14 minutes ago, Mackiemyday said:

I think a release clause means the club have to grant the player permission to speak to the club that has met it.

The player can still turn it down, think that’s what happened with regards to Vardy and Arsenal

You'd have thought so but Liverpool just ignored it and said that Suarez wasn't going anywhere . At that point he was desperate to join arsenal.