All things Dundee FC

He better not be subjected to watching the DABs.

I wonder how Dundee fans will react when one of our biggest legends has to be critical of the club and they can't label the paper as being bias? New world here.

9 minutes ago, BoobyMann said:

While it's pleasing to see, I wonder if he'll actually be any good.
Need to give Sir Barry a chance but is he a trained journo?

Do you actually need to be to write a football match report?

I'd say a knowledge of the game is the number 1 skill required. If you then struggle to put it down on paper...well, that's what copy editors are for.

Do you actually need to be to write a football match report?

I'd say a knowledge of the game is the number 1 skill required. If you then struggle to put it down on paper...well, that's what copy editors are for.

To be fair, if he's a like for like replacement for Kennedy he'll need to have a penchant for bullshit to fill column space. He'll need to be well versed in drawing information out of people too so as he can get 'the latest scoops' as well. Being an ex player will only take him so far.

I hope DC hired him because they think he's the best man for the job rather than just because he's a name and played football.

That said I'm delighted he'll be having an active affiliation with Dundee again even if it's not directly through us.

It's funny how Kennedy was bragging in the paper when he was explaining how he managed to use his fantastic journalism skills to find out about Hemmings £250k release clause yet he was surprisingly not so eager to explain why he didn't have a scooby about Hemmings going to Oxford until it had happened. 

Utter shite again.

We played quite well up until Killie equalised, then we were dreadful.

Game against Rangers we were timid against them, Hartley yet again bottled it, Hamilton at home was dismal, Motherwell away was pretty poor, and today was shite. Hartley out, useless clueless twat.

Utter shite again.

We played quite well up until Killie equalised, then we were dreadful.

Game against Rangers we were timid against them, Hartley yet again bottled it, Hamilton at home was dismal, Motherwell away was pretty poor, and today was shite. Hartley out, useless clueless twat.

Get to bed you.

Happy with that performance then?

I thought it was a decent performance. New players look good additions. Hateley tired big time in the second and we are still in the top half of the table.

There was far more positives to take from that game than negatives in my opinion. Only thing disappointing was the result but we looked much better.

Srw get to bed. Hartley out? What nonsense.

We really lack cutting edge, so many times we could've taken a shot on but chose to play a shitey pass and our forward passes were in general dreadful. Nick Ross was particularly poor. Thought the red was fair, Gomis was late and came in two footed. Should be winning this. Home games vs newly promoted side, Hamilton and Killie should yield 6/7 points not 2.

But we go again next week! Mon the Dees!

Last season we drew far too many games, this season, we have played Hamilton, Killie and Rangers, the three worst ranked clubs in the league from last season. Realistically Rangers will do well, but we have 2 points from 3 game. Is that progress? Its just the exact same nonsense as last season.

I know that Hartleys fanboys think he is some up and coming great manager, but be honest, last season was a disappointment, and this season will be significantly worse.

Hartley has not progressed as a manager, we have not progressed as a club, these arent good times to be a Dee.

Edited by srw

Srw - what were the good times to be a Dee? Cause it certainly wasn't the 10 year in the First Division. This is the best it's been in about 18 year. It's not great but to call for the managers head whilst we are a steady Premiership team is just a minter.

Too many people think we should be challenging Celtic for the title.

I'd also say this season is a bit of a rebuild job as well. We've had to address our frailties in defence and we look like we've finally addressed that in Gomis and O'Dea and we've lost two players that are nigh on impossible to replace at this level.