All things Dundee FC

Bain is good at crosses when he goes for them but all to often appears scared to come for the ball. The first we let in against St Johnstone he even returned to his line from the point he could have stood still and it would have been right on him. Hartley should surely be giving him instruction to go for crosses and not to be scared if he misses them. If he isn't following instructions then he should be dropped. I suspect Hartley either hasn't thought about this or, more likely, is happy for him to stay on his line. Let's hope that he starts coming out a bit more - if he wants to progress he needs to.   

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 15:27, Dundee-FC92 said:

We won't go on another 5 consecutive games of defeat before the end of the season. 

Aberdeen, Celtic, InvenessA, HeartsA then St JohnstoneA is as tough fixtures as you get in this league. The run up to Christmas is pretty decent, and i suspect we'll rise from the bottom soon, especially with Kilmarnock's upcoming fixtures.

If we're still in this position after the County match at home then we're fucked.

That's why i'm known as the non deluded one folks.

If United were after a Dundee player, I'd only be Interested In El Bahktaoui or maybe Tom Hately for right back. Scott Bain definitely If we didn't have Cammy Bell.

I doubt Andreu would be the only player to get In your team imo.

If we didn't have CAMMY BELL.. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I worry he is being serious

What's the deal with El Bak's spell with you lot so far? He was injured recently but since making his return he's featured mainly in the 20s and noticed tonight that he was subbed at HT in a 0-0 shitfest... can see AJ looking at the possibility of a Fais return on loan in January if Hartley was open to it tbh.

Just now, forzapars said:

What's the deal with El Bak's spell with you lot so far? He was injured recently but since making his return he's featured mainly in the 20s and noticed tonight that he was subbed at HT in a 0-0 shitfest... can see AJ looking at the possibility of a Fais return on loan in January if Hartley was open to it tbh.

I like him, he's a good player, the set-up we've got just now are winning games, so he'll need to sit on the bench and wait for his chance.

You can see he's got the potential to be a quality player for us.

However, his actual contribution thus far can only be describe as 'Meh'. He doesn't deserve a game ahead of Wighton at the moment and I'm comfortable with him being on the bench. He definitely has a part to play, but it's really a case of one or the other between him and Wighton in our line-up at the moment and it's Wighton's shirt to lose right now.

Kosta and Nick Ross our only players out of contract at the end of this season?

Hartley loves dishing out 2 and 3 year deals. Get one of those slapped down in front of Gadzhalov pronto. Heard a rumour months back that he was on an extremely insignificant wage, up there with some of the youth team. Didn't believe it at the time - but it explained to me why he was kept on instead of Konrad as I thought he was brutal. I don't think there's been a player that's managed to make me do a u-turn quite as much as Kosta. Turning into my favourite Dee just now.

39 minutes ago, Derry boy said:

Yeah kosta needs a 2 year deal on decent terms as he deserves that! ross i would bin.

Kosta has been outstanding this season, speaks decent english now and is obviously happy and playing with confidence he maybe didn't have initially

He's an absolute warrior. Sign him up JH Hartley!

Regarding Ross, there is a lot of football left to be played this season and he'll get many chances to prove himself. I kind of think that Ross is going to be the sort of player who will become valuable in his late 20s. He's a good passer of the ball and does some smart things and I could see his influence drastically increasing with a bit of toughness and increased experience.

If it was possible, I'd rather keep our youngish players if they are capable of coming in and putting in a decent performance for top flight football. Continuity is important and it seems a bit silly to me to invest a large amount of time in someone only to release them and find another team in our league see the benefits of that.

51 minutes ago, Derry boy said:

Kosta has been outstanding this season, speaks decent english now and is obviously happy and playing with confidence he maybe didn't have initially

Think he's also worked his fitness up. The setback from that thug, Dods, in pre-season last year was pretty unfortunate for him and put him back a few months. I've always quite liked him and felt that he had the attributes to be potentially quite good but it's been a process of steady improvement.

He's good in the air. Good at hand to hand combat. Not a slouch for his position (easily faster than O'Dea and Julen). We'll hopefully get the best years out of him.

I'd say he's probably quite comfortably the best we have in the air as well. His timing probably isn't as good as say McPake or O'Dea, but in terms of actually posing an attacking threat and winning headers that he shouldn't, I'd say he's comfortably the best in the team for that.

I'd say he's probably quite comfortably the best we have in the air as well. His timing probably isn't as good as say McPake or O'Dea, but in terms of actually posing an attacking threat and winning headers that he shouldn't, I'd say he's comfortably the best in the team for that.

and don't forget lads that he popped the ball over the line against the Tadgerines at the Doon Derby. I really think he's opened the door with that wee dunt to legend status.

Kosta's and O'Hara's powerful, attacking headers this season are amongst only a handful of times I can remember us scoring those types of goals in all my years watching the Dee. 

Anyone who composes a comprehensive list of bullet heiders from over the years to make me look like I'm talking shite is getting blocked.