All things Dundee FC

Alright everyone, good luck against the Jambos.

Hoping for a bit of advice.  Anyone got a recommendation for dinner early evening tomorrow around West Port/bottom Perth Road?  Also need a taxi from Ferry to town later on at night, around 11pm.  Sounds like £15 is the best price I'll get. Does Uber run in Dundee and is it worth going for?

Paul Hartley smells of lard.

Merry chrimbo Dee friends!

Hoping for a bit of advice.  Anyone got a recommendation for dinner early evening tomorrow around West Port/bottom Perth Road?  Also need a taxi from Ferry to town later on at night, around 11pm.  Sounds like £15 is the best price I'll get. Does Uber run in Dundee and is it worth going for?

Better than you?

Smelling of Ssshhiiiliiddtt

Check the trains from Ferry to Dundee usually costs about £2 only problem might be if they are running that late with it being xmas eve

5 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

The Phoenix. And I don't know anyone who's ever got an uber in Dundee but it might just be me

43 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

What a performance in the second half .
However Bain attitude is shit.

Not been a fan of Bain at times this year, but fail to see what he did wrong tonight unless I missed something?

Edit: reading other thread, never realised how he acted during game/at half time. My bad

Edited by richDFC

Not been a fan of Bain at times this year, but fail to see what he did wrong tonight unless I missed something?

Quite a lot! I'm quite critical of our fans at the best of times, we can be arseholes put simply but tonight was deserved and Bain started giving the crowd dirty looks every few minutes in the first half. He then started gesturing the fans to go away.

Half time whistle went he mockingly clapped the home support before again waving us away.

Then at full time he made his way right across from the Shankly end to put both his hands to his ears.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Quite a lot! I'm quite critical of our fans at the best of times, we can be arseholes put simply but tonight was deserved and Bain started giving the crowd dirty looks every few minutes in the first half. He then started gesturing the fans to go away.

Half time whistle went he mockingly clapped the home support before again waving us away.

Then at full time he made his way right across from the Shankly end to put both his hands to his ears.

Ah, never saw any of that, I apologise! Yeh, the abuse tonight was hardly the unfair criticism a large portion of our fans regularly dish out.

Shocking attitude from Bain that, especially bad to go over at the end. Don't understand that, don't think there's many in the stands spewing because we've just won 3-2.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's a bad/stupid mistake to piss off the support. IMO.

I'd be more understanding if this was the first time he's reacted like this as everyone gets a bit emotional when you're on the pitch. He's been doing this on a regular basis this season though.

Thinks he's billy big time!

Right, that's enough mumping from me, what a massive, massive three points. Well done to every single one of them (Including Bain).

3 points clear of the bottom 2 now with the bottom 2 playing Celtic and Rangers so hopefully we can put some distance now with our next few games.

Agree Ludo he does seem to have an attitude problem and this is not the first time this has been raised this season.

There are a number of our fans that are difficult to please and can be ott in criticising the team but the simple fact is that they are quite entitled to voice their displeasure at what was a Very poor first half performance and that would happen at most clubs and Bain is going to have to learn to deal with this.

He is a very good keeper but his attitude at times leaves a lot to be desired.

That second half performance though was very good, Hearts looked fragile and it's been rare to see Hartley change a game like that with his substitutions.

Not been a big fan of McGowan this season, but he was very good when he came on tonight. Thought O'Dea looked a bit all over the place first half, but again was different class.

Good start to the Christmas period!

Just a mention again of how good both kerr and Wighton have been.
Both of them have been really good this season. Just both seem to have fitted in perfect. Long may it continue :-)

Agree with you Gman. That being said I about died inside when Wighton placed a free header tamely back to Jack Hamilton from about 6 yards out at 2-2.

Am I the only one that still wasn't convinced by the performance tonight? Hope Hartley doesn't let the result mask how bad a first half performance that was cause other teams won't roll over like Hearts did tonight.

Still buzzing mind you

EDIT: Despite that Kerr and Vincent were very good tonight especially 2nd half. Kerrs balls into the box were absolutely perfect at times

The first half was as big a shambles as I've seen from Hartley. Wighton on the left wing, O'Hara on the right wing.

Then changing to our normal set up.

Then going 4 at the back with O'Dea at CDM.

That said his subbies were spot on.

9 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Am I the only one that still wasn't convinced by the performance tonight? Hope Hartley doesn't let the result mask how bad a first half performance that was cause other teams won't roll over like Hearts did tonight.

Still buzzing mind you

EDIT: Despite that Kerr and Vincent were very good tonight especially 2nd half. Kerrs balls into the box were absolutely perfect at times

The only match I've been convinced with lately is Motherwell at home. Obviously, I'd rather we played poorly and ended up winning but for the past while we've looked a team riding their luck with a pumping on the horizon. But we got through Celtic away without doing too much damage and have a nicer set of fixtures coming up. Hopefully, we can pick up a few wins and get some breathing space