All things Dundee FC

I didn't think I'd be as sad as I am to see Hartley gone. Still think he will be a cracking manager. Just ashame it never worked out with us. I hope he doesn't haunt us in the future but put it this way, unlike many Dundee managers, I'm glad he was in charge rather than wishing it had never happened.

Unfortunate end to what was a promising period.

He's our most successful living manager. There's regular shouts for him every time we have a vacancy. Despite his recent lack of experience, he'd be a great shout considering the other names in the frame particularly if it's a short term role. He can do the Bomber role of delivering a 'rocket' without having the baggage of Bomber.
He's also familiar with Nelms as he was our chief scout until Hartley punted him.

Is Donald McKay not our most successful living manager? Unless he's dead of course!

He's our most successful living manager. There's regular shouts for him every time we have a vacancy. Despite his recent lack of experience, he'd be a great shout considering the other names in the frame particularly if it's a short term role. He can do the Bomber role of delivering a 'rocket' without having the baggage of Bomber.
He's also familiar with Nelms as he was our chief scout until Hartley punted him.

Hes not managed for 30 years. I've no idea why "shouting loudly" is enough to overcome that particular obstacle. Not even his "was good when the game was still played with a leather football" CV sounds like he'd be a success. I'd be flaming if I were a Dundee and we hired Knox to save our season

Hes not managed for 30 years. I've no idea why "shouting loudly" is enough to overcome that particular obstacle. Not even his "was good when the game was still played with a leather football" CV sounds like he'd be a success. I'd be flaming if I were a Dundee and we hired Knox to save our season

Looks like he'll be the assistant.

Is McCabe going to take training until someone is appointed then?

I reckon we will have appointed someone by tonight. McCabe is gone as well going by the pictures. He literally left in Hartley's car.

If someone is to take training in the mean time it'll be Boyle/Geddes.