All things Dundee FC

18 hours ago, K.T said:

Hopefully we tell him to f**k off and set a precedent. Managers shouldn't be paid handsomely for complete failure and incompetency.

You realise that legal disputes in football are dealt with by the same courts that deal with other legal disputes right? And that setting a precedent where employers don't have to honour contractual obligations is a really fucking bad precedent to set?

We don't have to be a 'attractive prospect' to anyone we have Sir Neil McCann.

Agree The Spudster is correct we will come to a agreement with Hartley, still doesn't take away from the fact he is a brassed neck wee p***k. If we hadn't sacked him I believe we would have been playing in the Championship this season.

Fucks sakes [emoji38]

1. Yes he was shite
2. Doing ex-employees out of money they are contractually entitled to is ridiculous behaviour.

You realise that legal disputes in football are dealt with by the same courts that deal with other legal disputes right? And that setting a precedent where employers don't have to honour contractual obligations is a really fucking bad precedent to set?

No it's not, It's dealt with by The Court of Arbitration for Sport....

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/sports-law/resolving-uk-sporting-disputes/

It's a much more dangerous place to go as they can freeze the club's bank accounts and impose a transfer embargo until both parties reach agreement.....

Since there's no rumours about, I'll start one myself. Neil McCann used to be at Falkirk around the time Bobby Olejnik was there. He's just been released by Exeter as he was the unlucky keeper that despite being the first choice, was the only one who's contract was expiring.

He could replace Bain if he leaves or compete for the number one jersey if he stays.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Since there's no rumours about, I'll start one myself. Neil McCann used to be at Falkirk around the time Bobby Olejnik was there. He's just been released by Exeter as he was the unlucky keeper that despite being the first choice, was the only one who's contract was expiring.

He could replace Bain if he leaves or compete for the number one jersey if he stays.

Thinking along the same lines, Tam Scobbie would have been a team mate of McCann too and is still not signed up.

He maybe wouldn't be everybody's idea of an exciting summer signing but I reckon that he's pretty dependable at this level (apart from the odd blunder) and we'd be in a better place with him and O'Dea in the squad. Konrad had his bad days but we've really missed the consistency he brought for 80% of games which our remaining defenders haven't really managed to come close to replicating.

I could see McCann maybe giving it half a thought but he'll hopefully have a much bigger pool of players in mind and these agents in Europe that Nelms has been meeting will provide something interesting.

If we released Gadzhalov and brought in Tam Scobbie I'd be demanding McCann's head to be honest.

I'd like if the club gave us a little bit of clarity on what's happening with our out of contract players. There contracts ended more than a week ago.

I checked the squad list thread that I do yearly and we were pretty much finished our business by this point last year and we've not even started this time round!

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If we released Gadzhalov and brought in Tam Scobbie I'd be demanding McCann's head to be honest.

I'd like if the club gave us a little bit of clarity on what's happening with our out of contract players. There contracts ended more than a week ago.

I checked the squad list thread that I do yearly and we were pretty much finished our business by this point last year and we've not even started this time round!

Gadzhalov is an interesting one. It seems logical that he should be playing games but that's two managers now who haven't really cared for him much (Hartley did recruit him and renew against predictions but was generally happy to play others ahead of him at the first opportunity).

I just wonder if he's maybe just difficult to manage for whatever reason. There are times where he appears to totally ignore O'Dea or Bain and does his own thing which I imagine could be fairly damaging in an unseen way. I've always quite liked him and the only way I could really rationalise how he's been used is if something like that was going on.

Gadzhalov is an interesting one. It seems logical that he should be playing games but that's two managers now who haven't really cared for him much (Hartley did recruit him and renew against predictions but was generally happy to play others ahead of him at the first opportunity).
I just wonder if he's maybe just difficult to manage for whatever reason. There are times where he appears to totally ignore O'Dea or Bain and does his own thing which I imagine could be fairly damaging in an unseen way. I've always quite liked him and the only way I could really rationalise how he's been used is if something like that was going on.

It's obvious he doesn't get a game as both Hartley and McCann want a shot of his bird. Understandable really

It's obvious he doesn't get a game as both Hartley and McCann want a shot of his bird. Understandable really

No ta.

I Googled "Kostadin Gadzhalov girlfriend", this is the only female image it came up with......[emoji15]

89972814dff10aa8415f6eaabcc0b417.jpg

2 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Fucks sakes emoji38.png

1. Yes he was shite
2. Doing ex-employees out of money they are contractually entitled to is ridiculous behaviour.

Quote me where I have said he isn't 'Contractually entitled' to the money? I don't agree he should be  you do but that's by the by.

My point is I feel he was rightly sacked and shouldn't be paid the remainder of his salary as he wasn't fulfilling his duties as Manager i.e. Hitting targets.....top six finish, decent cup run,bringing in sellable assets etc. This isn't just aimed at Dundee FC or Hartley but any manager of any team who is rightly sacked for underachieving I feel should be sacked with no further pay. Different if you sitting top six and doing reasonably well hitting most targets and the board sack you, by all means take them to court and claim back loss of earnings.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It claims in the Tele tonight that the contracts don't run out until the end of June. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I said to a mutant in trades at the weekend that Scobbie would be a brilliant signing for you boys. He's certainly better than most you have, O'Dea being the only one that's close.

Perth boys night out in Dundee?  By the way that's a terrible way to describe one of your mates.  

Anyone see Gadz's instagram post? I haven't seen it myself but supposedly a pic of him and two burds with Dundee taps on.

Could possibly be staying as pretty strange behaviour for someone that would be offski.