All things Dundee FC

I personally think we are more short of a CH than a midfielder. Hateley, Vincent, McGowan, O'Hara, Williams, Randy, Deacon, Spence and Allan. 9?

Whereas we O'Dea (ok), Gadz (who we like but let's be honest we have doubts), Julen (we have doubts and is seriously injured), McPake (who we like but we have doubts and has been VERY seriously injured) and Hendry (looks the part but is completely unproven and I would guess will take 12-15 games to get near the pace).

Why would we want to sign another midfielder unless we have a strong belief others are moving on?

Wolters, Williams and Deacon are wingers. Allan is an attacking midfielder. He's been playing McGowan as an attacking midfielder as well. O'Hara is more forward thinking too. So that leaves us with 3 defensive minded midfield players and even then, that's only because we have shoehorned Vincent into being one.

Wolters, Williams and Deacon are wingers. Allan is an attacking midfielder. He's been playing McGowan as an attacking midfielder as well. O'Hara is more forward thinking too. So that leaves us with 3 defensive minded midfield players and even then, that's only because we have shoehorned Vincent into being one.

O'Hara is a defender who is trying to be moulded into a midfielder. The jury is still out for me as to where his best position is and defensive midfielder I think would suit him. Realistically McGowan belongs a bit further back as well.

Another CB has to be the priority.

26 minutes ago, Pinko said:

O'Hara is a defender who is trying to be moulded into a midfielder. The jury is still out for me as to where his best position is and defensive midfielder I think would suit him. Realistically McGowan belongs a bit further back as well.

Another CB has to be the priority.

McGowan doesn't belong further back in the slightest bit. He was an attacking midfielder at St Mirren and Hartley threw him into the defensive role where he was fucking murder for 2 years. One of Hartleys biggest mistakes was keeping him in the team.

A striker's the priority for me.

I agree with this. Spence thus far is proving himself as an efficient battler in midfield so whilst I'd still like another defensive midfielder, we are in desperate need of someone to take the burden off/be fed from Haber.

A striker's the priority for me.

Saw this on FB earlier - may turn out to be shite though [emoji23]:
"Might be looking too much into this but big Randy just posted this photo on Instagram. The boy on the left is Leon De Kogel, a 6"4 striker with 25 goals in 55 games for Go Ahead Eagles.

I asked if he was signing on at Dens and he "liked" my comment. [emoji57]"

4258fe1d8a6cb9d0ada2b23d350e4fd3.jpg

Saw this on FB earlier - may turn out to be shite though [emoji23]:
"Might be looking too much into this but big Randy just posted this photo on Instagram. The boy on the left is Leon De Kogel, a 6"4 striker with 25 goals in 55 games for Go Ahead Eagles.

I asked if he was signing on at Dens and he "liked" my comment. [emoji57]"

4258fe1d8a6cb9d0ada2b23d350e4fd3.jpg

Let's hope it's accurate!

I agree with this. Spence thus far is proving himself as an efficient battler in midfield so whilst I'd still like another defensive midfielder, we are in desperate need of someone to take the burden off/be fed from Haber.

I agree with this too.

A striker and a CH are more of a priority than a defensive mid is probably what I should have said earlier.

Hopefully when we get to nearer the end of the window we can punt Williams and Hateley.

With Yordi having left at the end of last season, I've just realised that the hairdos within the squad are really rather dull. Based on the squad as it currently stands, I'd say that Scott Allen is potentially sporting the barnet of the season with a do that is vaguely reminiscent of Billy Dodds' early '90s curtains. However, it looks as though it could be a pretty boring season for Dundee hairdressers unless we manage to sign someone with a better lid than the ones we've currently got. Clearly the signing of Berba will have an enormous impact on this vital aspect of the squad but I'm feeling rather pessimistic at the moment. 

Why are the Evening Telegraph spouting pish over the building of a statue for Lorraine Kelly?

Firstly, i highly doubt there's enough free space within the confinements of Dundee to fit the colossal beasts blubber filled frame in. We already have the ancient whale skeleton within the McManus Gallery. We don't need a statue of one for fucksake'.

What the f**k has it actually done for the City of Dundee except turn up as one of the 80% woman and children that attend United finals. Or maybe she'll get it for sitting on her arse drinking cups of tea in the morning whilst interviewing some c**t that nobody gives a flying f**k about. You'd be aswell erecting a statue of Alfie from Lochee or Ba Sack Jack.

However, if such a ludicrous decision was made; how about this fine statue to remember the salted tears that fell down the Orca's blubbery jotter as the United got ragdolled in a final by the pathetic Perth Saints. That would be nice to be fair.

images-6.jpg.c7ef2b8b24b38ade870adc955543c612.jpg

Thank you.

2 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Just back from hols but was thinking about it. Haven't seen the world famous for a bit.. anyone know the crack? Prices , parking or pubs ...?

£8 we need a big Dee support to boost our coffers to challenge TheArabs this year ..Is that a good enough reason? 

Plenty parkin around about ground decent Pubs are Hudsons , The Stables , Dalhousie Bar and Park Bar down beside old railway station..

Our Bush is trimmed lookin well .I likes a tidy bush :thumsup2

Just back from hols but was thinking about it. Haven't seen the world famous for a bit.. anyone know the crack? Prices , parking or pubs ...?

£8 for adults, £4 for concessions, parking at the Co-Op across the road is the usual for away fans or streets nearby, cookston crescent is close and usually easy parked, can supply a post code if you want.

As for pubs the usual is probably the stables lounge round the corner from the Tesco, there's also the dalhousie or the Brechin arms, parking behind both and you'll see them as you come in off the dual carriageway from Dundee [emoji1360][emoji846]

8 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Why are the Evening Telegraph spouting pish over the building of a statue for Lorraine Kelly?

Firstly, i highly doubt there's enough free space within the confinements of Dundee to fit the colossal beasts blubber filled frame in. We already have the ancient whale skeleton within the McManus Gallery. We don't need a statue of one for fucksake'.

What the f**k has it actually done for the City of Dundee except turn up as one of the 80% woman and children that attend United finals. Or maybe she'll get it for sitting on her arse drinking cups of tea in the morning whilst interviewing some c**t that nobody gives a flying f**k about. You'd be aswell erecting a statue of Alfie from Lochee or Ba Sack Jack.

However, if such a ludicrous decision was made; how about this fine statue to remember the salted tears that fell down the Orca's blubbery jotter as the United got ragdolled in a final by the pathetic Perth Saints. That would be nice to be fair.

images-6.jpg.c7ef2b8b24b38ade870adc955543c612.jpg

Thank you.

Like a lot of the DAB's, the c***s not even a Dundonian either.*

*only Dundonian fuckers statues in Dundee.* Thank you.

*no Jim McLean.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I'd only welcome the Lorraine statute if it was an addition to the Desperate Dan one and Dan was giving her a kick in the pie. Dan would also need to have been fitted with a new DFC top with Wolters on the back.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Saw this on FB earlier - may turn out to be shite though emoji23.png:

I asked if he was signing on at Dens and he "liked" my comment. emoji57.png"

24 in 34 in the Dutch diddy league, 1 in 20 in the Eredivisie. May well still be better than Haber though.