All things Dundee FC

Crescendo Van Berkel and Nils Rutten have left the club according to Twitter, saying it's in tonights Tele. Disappointed about Rutten thought he looked the best of the bunch personally, but I know that quite a few were impressed with Kamara. I assume we'll be taking our interest further with him.

Crescendo Van Berkel and Nils Rutten have left the club according to Twitter, saying it's in tonights Tele. Disappointed about Rutten thought he looked the best of the bunch personally, but I know that quite a few were impressed with Kamara. I assume we'll be taking our interest further with him.

I agree re Rutten Ludo. I was frightened to say as it appeared I was the only one.

8 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

What a team that was. Eddie Annand and Dariusz, with a wee bit of Grady on top. Some frontline. Players that I also loved from around that era were Willie Falconer and Shaun McSkimming. Real fitba players.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Brings a tear to the non-deluded-eye of mine remembering of such a time. When the English Premier was worth watching aswell.

Football is fucked, at least in Scotland it's not completely fucked yet and the players aren't prancing around like Spicegirls in boots.

Thank you.

I agree regarding Rutten. I guess McCann didn't want him on the books for 1/2 years. Kamara would only be on loan i imagine so may keep our budget in tact?

1 minute ago, Pinko said:

I agree regarding Rutten. I guess McCann didn't want him on the books for 1/2 years. Kamara would only be on loan i imagine so may keep our budget in tact?

I think Kamara is actually a free agent but there's a bit of conflict when I look it up. I imagine it probably come down to picking between the two as we've got Vincent and Hateley to come back in.

I think Kamara is actually a free agent but there's a bit of conflict when I look it up. I imagine it probably come down to picking between the two as we've got Vincent and Hateley to come back in.

I thought he was still on Arsenal's books? Would defo snap him up if he was a free agent!

Just now, Pinko said:

I thought he was still on Arsenal's books? Would defo snap him up if he was a free agent!

If you search on Twitter, a lot of fan pages say they reached an agreement to terminate his contract. They aren't the most solid sources though and there isn't any sign of an official announcement anywhere so they may be jumping the gun but I think there's a decent chance we could get him permanently.

Seen McCann saying that he now sees Spence as our 'enforcer'. I'd imagine we will make a maximum of 3 more signings. A striker, Kamara and a back up keeper.

I personally think we are more short of a CH than a midfielder. Hateley, Vincent, McGowan, O'Hara, Williams, Randy, Deacon, Spence and Allan. 9?

Whereas we O'Dea (ok), Gadz (who we like but let's be honest we have doubts), Julen (we have doubts and is seriously injured), McPake (who we like but we have doubts and has been VERY seriously injured) and Hendry (looks the part but is completely unproven and I would guess will take 12-15 games to get near the pace).

Why would we want to sign another midfielder unless we have a strong belief others are moving on?

I'm starting to get more relaxed with Bain staying as hopefully we'd only need him for one more season anyways as Ferrie will be 20 and Gourlay 19. Both still young, but both have massive seasons ahead of themselves next year if they plan on being our future number 1.