All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

haha ok brilliant.

He keeps us up, changes the mentality of the squad, brings in 6 first team new players, 3 get injured after a undefeated start to the cup, we lose 2 games and its all shit! 

Like I said, fickle as f**k mate!

After the first quarter of the season is the earliest judgements should be made.. wasn't overly pleased when McCann got the job but think some of his signings have been excellent and will give him time. Some on here are starting to sound like the DABS , so always remember Dees stick together ( that's what we have done and always will do ). It's what makes us genuinely superior to that mongrel lot across the road.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

He keeps us up, changes the mentality of the squad, brings in 6 first team new players, 3 get injured after a undefeated start to the cup, we lose 2 games and its all shit! 

Like I said, fickle as f**k mate!

Apologies for being fickle. Pumped 3-0 by the worst team in the league. Who also pumped us under the same manager at the end of last season. Struggled to beat Buckie Thistle and pumped by Ross County at home last week. Fickle as f**k mate.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Apologies for being fickle. Pumped 3-0 by the worst team in the league. Who also pumped us under the same manager at the end of last season. Struggled to beat Buckie Thistle and pumped by Ross County at home last week. Fickle as f**k mate.

Accepted. Look, Im as pissed off as the next Dee after getting beat today, however its hardly season defining is it? I just think its a bit of an over reactiom.

I read up to " struggled to beat Buckie Thistle" easiest 2 nil ever and their keeper got Mom. I think your being pessimistic now.

It really wasn't. They were half a yard away from giving us a real scare. A Highland league keeper getting MotM doesn't really say much for our attacking efforts either.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

It's a huge ask already however don't you agree? With the next 5 games coming up and now injuries

Most will get beat from Celtic and probably Aberdeen. Im not to bothered by this. We should have Deacon at least back next week, he is a good creator. I can see a light, they just need a chance. I can see the squad clicking really well when fit.

McCann was brought in to keep Dundee up and he achieved that with a bit to spare.

Now look at the players he has brought in.  I think in the main they have been good signings with two or three of them potentially extemely good signings.  I trust McCann's judgement in that he has strengthened the team where he thought is was most needed 

Unfortunately I don't think there will be much more of a budget left until we can get rid of the obvious.  I think it's fair to say we are still paying for Hartley's extremely poor signings last year!

McCann was brought in to keep Dundee up and he achieved that with a bit to spare.
Now look at the players he has brought in.  I think in the main they have been good signings with two or three of them potentially extemely good signings.  I trust McCann's judgement in that he has strengthened the team where he thought is was most needed 
Unfortunately I don't think there will be much more of a budget left until we can get rid of the obvious.  I think it's fair to say we are still paying for Hartley's extremely poor signings last year!

I disagree with that in the sense that McCann has been given a fair bit of cash to make moves in the transfer market bringing in 8 new players. I'm not writing off his transfer business as quite a few do look genuine talents but bringing in 8 new players should be more than enough to overhaul a squad which has quite a few duds in it so we can't keep going back to blaming Hartley as the board have evidently reinvested in the squad despite mistakes of last season.

I agree with this bar the overall mentality of the squad. Yes we look a lot more possible going forward however our defence is still a disgrace. We have no chance of winning games if we continue to ship 2/3 goals on a regular basis.

People have already singled out the importance we place on Allan turning up and creating for us. If we could string together a few clean sheets then there wouldn't be so much pressure on Allan and the front line.

Im firmly in behind McCann and he deserves time. I'm happy with the signings he's brought in and the way he goes about his business but sorting the defence now has to be his number one priority!

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I disagree with that in the sense that McCann has been given a fair bit of cash to make moves in the transfer market bringing in 8 new players. I'm not writing off his transfer business as quite a few do look genuine talents but bringing in 8 new players should be more than enough to overhaul a squad which has quite a few duds in it so we can't keep going back to blaming Hartley as the board have evidently reinvested in the squad despite mistakes of last season.

Did it not take Hartley about 60 plus transfers before he had a full squad of his making?

Did it not take Hartley about 60 plus transfers before he had a full squad of his making?

No, it didn't. McCann may well have a few players in the squad he wishes he could get rid of - I don't blame him. What I am concerned about is his lack of addressing our goalscoring problem. We are back to relying on Marcus Haber to hold the ball up for us and he's a player the manager has pretty much publicly written off. His one addition to the front line hasn't looked as good as Haber either in his limited showings.

I realise I'm coming across extremely pessimistic at a very early stage but getting beat from two of the weaker sides in the league is a massive concern for me and second Derby aside, I've not seen many signs that we've improved.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

..........McCann may well have a few players in the squad he wishes he could get rid of - I don't blame him. What I am concerned about is his lack of addressing our goalscoring problem. We are back to relying on Marcus Haber to hold the ball up for us and he's a player the manager has pretty much publicly written off. His one addition to the front line hasn't looked as good as Haber either in his limited showings.....

Agree with you there Ludo.

Early days yet. Players are still getting used to Premiership football but an improvement on finishing is a must.

The difference in the dynamic is there for all to see. Also McCann has shown he'll shake things up with the dropping of Haber and McGowan which brought the best out of those players. We have been extremely unfortunate with injuries, but the bottom line is we have never replaced the goals that Hemmings and Stewart brought to the team. Find a goal scorer and we'll do fine.

In other news, there's an unofficial Aberdeen Twitter account that says we have a midfielder called Khalid Aucho on trial.

Not that I believe it but seems a bit random.