All things Dundee FC

58 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Hamilton, United, Motherwell etc even Celtic have sold players regularly to balance the books. It’s just that we’ve been so shite at it that it seems a novelty.

For what it’s worth I think we should run a balanced budget but whilst Tim Keys is prepared to chip in an average of 250k a season (the vast bulk of which the club will have recouped in the sale of Hendry) then it’s not really that bad. Tim Keys more than likely pays 250k a year in Country Club fees.

If, as they have said they will, they convert the loans into equity that’s surely a good outcome? The loans basically become a capital injection (Master?). If, as they also state, they then transfer the FPS shares to the Stadium development company we will be back to one entity owning the whole shooting match - just like (whisper it) - St Johnstone.

Not even remotely like St Johnstone.

We will continue to own our ground.

You will continue to own f**k all.

Not even remotely like St Johnstone.
We will continue to own our ground.
You will continue to own f**k all.

But ultimately when the FPS shares are transferred to the Stadium development company and he new ground is complete it will be exactly the same corporate structure. One company owns everything. No?

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

But ultimately when the FPS shares are transferred to the Stadium development company and he new ground is complete it will be exactly the same corporate structure. One company owns everything. No?

Will the club own the stadium? No.

That's the difference.

14 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Mind that tear-stained thread he started after we fucked them into the Championship? Glorious :lol:

ETA: It's still there: ROFLCopter

:lol::lol: I remember him going missing for a good few weeks when they were kept in their place by Hamilton.  Then he put his faith back in Ray :lol::lol:

Edited by Shadow Play

52 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

By playing waddell over Odea

And any youth over Moussa......

Spot on G_Man.

Major errors by McCann IMO.  O’Dea should not have remained captain and neither player should have been playing. 

Indefensible to have reached March and have a striker that still hasn’t scored from open play.  Is there a striker anywhere else in such a position that is still first choice striker every week?  I doubt there will be too many.

Is it not a bit daft to budget for top 6 considering dundee will realistically be fighting for one spot with 7 other teams? Celtic, rangers, hearts, hibs, aberdeen are almost guaranteed top 6 so dundee are relying on being better than motherwell and st johnstone who have both consistently being in the top 6 or thereabouts lately. That is also ignoring the possibility of one of the other teams coming good as seen by Killie this season

Not really. We are a far bigger club in all aspects than the two you mentioned.
It's a constant source of embarrassment to me when we finish below them.

Just saying

Just saying

Apart from league places which is all that really matters

9 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Just saying

what do you use to justify Dundee being a "far bigger club than any others out of the top 5"?

Dundee have a smaller turnover than Kilmarnock, though both around the £4m mark. Not sure what the Motherwell or the Saintees turnover is , but it will probably be ner £4m as well. 

The gap from Dundee (or Kilmarnock) to Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts would indicate that they are far bigger clubs than the rest who are all much of a muchness..

what do you use to justify Dundee being a "far bigger club than any others out of the top 5"?
Dundee have a smaller turnover than Kilmarnock, though both around the £4m mark. Not sure what the Motherwell or the Saintees turnover is , but it will probably be ner £4m as well. 
The gap from Dundee (or Kilmarnock) to Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts would indicate that they are far bigger clubs than the rest who are all much of a muchness..

You know it.. Hence the "the rest who are all much of a muchness " statement.

Id settle for pretending It was equal too. Nice tactic but seen right through it [emoji57]

13 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Tasteless

But not as bizarre as going around red-dotting all of my posts in different forums, what a complete heads gone you are having.

These financials make grim reading. We have a loss before transfers of £1.1m. Not clear, of course, how much we have had to pay to Hartley but even if we did not re-sign Holt, Jon, Gadzhalov, Meekings (whose option?) , Kasunga, O'Hara, McGowan, Spence, Murray and AJLS who are out of contract this summer that looks shy of our ongoing deficit. To keep stable we need better league position, a cup run (think I recall one a few years back) and a decent sale every year. Looks like we will need another refresh of the squad (re-sign O'Hara and McGowan, offload Walters, Moussa and O'Dea, and identify 6 good potential targets). Net 5 of a smaller squad but taking a hit on the offloads.