All things Dundee FC

That’s a massive point at this time in the season. Well done McCann, got it spot on tonight and all the players executed his game plan flawlessly (from what I’ve heard). Hopefully things looking up. 

A point or more at ibrox this weekend would put us into a very strong position going into the split . Can’t see any of the other teams around us picking up points this weekend. 

50 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Right boys and girls, how the f**k have we been so pish at Dens but perform very well away. Time for the boo boys at Dens to give it a rest? :huh:

In my personal opinion, yes, yes it is. 

The atmosphere at Dens since about October has been utterly toxic and can't be easy to play in. It's little wonder results are better/the players are more comfortable playing away from home. McCann has said so on a couple of occasions this season.

Granted some of the performances at Dens haven't been good enough this season, a couple utterly appalling. The sighing, booing (from a minority loud enough to be audible) and criticism from the first mistake/minute can't settle the players or make for an enjoyable environment. 

Again, people are entitled to their opinion but being at home should be an advantage and due to the atmosphere within the stadium I actually think it benefits the away team.

56 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Well done McCann he got it spot on tonight.
But if we finish either bottom or second bottom it's just not acceptable and we as Dundee fans have every right to go mental at him for making a complete mockery of our season.

Big games ahead still.

Sakes G_Man, chill for a minute and take a moment to enjoy a massively unexpected point. 

We need 2 home games with Motherwell and the Fermers post split.

We are shite at Dens just now so best playing the rest at their grounds.

Thank you.

In theory, yep. But it's a brave man who'd actually choose that option. The 2 above away and other 3 at home for me.

Doesn't really matter tbh, don't think you're in danger of going down. The 2 below you are just too shite to catch you.

I wish had your confidence! I don't think we'll go down t.b.h. but it's still tight. We needed that point last night so things now looking better. In true Dee spirt, I've still not given up on 8th.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I wish had your confidence! I don't think we'll go down t.b.h. but it's still tight. We needed that point last night so things now looking better. In true Dee spirt, I've still not given up on 8th.

Teams below you average a win every five matches, they'd need to win three of the next six to overtake. 

Dundee are safe. 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Teams below you average a win every five matches, they'd need to win three of the next six to overtake. 

Dundee are safe. 

They only have to win 2 actually and against the 5 worst teams in the league. I can see Ross County doing that. That is of course if we don't pick up any more points which is possible. I do think we will sneak another 4 or 5 points though.

1 minute ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

Bookmarked. If we do, you have to promise to never post on a Dundee thread ever again?

You've missed the joke and I'm disappointed in you for that.