All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Aye and that £1.5m centrehalf he sold to Celtic as well, obviously. 

Oh and keeping Gowser from the clutches o the fermers. 

Forgot about Hendry,  he was half decent. Caulker has done f**k all yet to warrant any excitement imo. Gowser impressed Tommy Wright, not me, but even Denny fucking Johnstone has impressed Tommy fucking Wright. 

8 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

We were obviously watching a different game on Saturday because I thought deacon was excellent as was Kamara. Deacons inability to cross the ball is frustrating but I think he offers a lot elsewhere. Moussa is certainly not a striker but I felt his hold up play was excellent and as soon as he went off we were finished. I think we have enough to stay up and but for some criminal defending we might have got something on Saturday. 

Also Haber probably hasn’t been interested cos he’s been injured m8. 

Deacon’s inability to cross the ball is frustrating criminal.  We have a winger that can’t cross the ball and a striker that can’t score.  Anyone got any idea why we struggle to get goals?  Deacon took a corner on Saturday that once again couldn’t beat the first man.  Rangers immediately went up the park and hit the post.  Talk about putting pressure on your defence. 

Jon is our best hope of getting an accurate cross into the box, albeit usually from about 20 yards out.   Deacon’s corners are so bad that I would genuinely rather have a Meeking’s long throw in than a Deacon corner.  A Premiership club should not be struggling with corners the way we do.

If Moussa is missed when he was taken off that definitely says more about the other players than Moussa’s perceived singular ability.  When Moussa was being touted to McCann I doubt the sales pitch by his agent was don’t ever expect him to score but his hold up play is good with McCann saying that’s exactly the sort of striker we are looking for.  Sorry but Moussa has been an epic fail.  Probably the worse finisher I have ever seen play for Dundee.  If anyone can think of anyone who was worse, please feel free to remind me.

Edited by Shadow Play

Should have added.  Look at the first goal we lost at Ibrox.  Meekings passes to Moussa and Moussa stands and waits on the ball comming to him instead of going towards the ball.  The pass is easily intercepted.  Moussa has zero awareness of the Rangers player who intercepts the pass.  Absolutely basic stuff to look about and see who is around you.

We should have been one up before that of course.  Moussa does a neat turn in the box and then blasts the ball over.  With his lack of ability he has next to no chance of hitting the target and he should have passed to O’Hara who was unmarked 6 yards out.  Probably didn’t even know O’Hara was in the box.

Edited by Shadow Play

54 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Deacon’s inability to cross the ball is frustrating criminal.  We have a winger that can’t cross the ball and a striker that can’t score.  Anyone got any idea why we struggle to get goals?  Deacon took a corner on Saturday that once again couldn’t beat the first man.  Rangers immediately went up the park and hit the post.  Talk about putting pressure on your defence. 

Jon is our best hope of getting an accurate cross into the box, albeit usually from about 20 yards out.   Deacon’s corners are so bad that I would genuinely rather have a Meeking’s long throw in than a Deacon corner.  A Premiership club should not be struggling with corners the way we do.

If Moussa is missed when he was taken off that definitely says more about the other players than Moussa’s perceived singular ability.  When Moussa was being touted to McCann I doubt the sales pitch by his agent was don’t ever expect him to score but his hold up play is good with McCann saying that’s exactly the sort of striker we are looking for.  Sorry but Moussa has been an epic fail.  Probably the worse finisher I have ever seen play for Dundee.  If anyone can think of anyone who was worse, please feel free to remind me.

Jan Zemlik.

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We also have a defence who can't defend.

Shadow I see you have taken the negativity tablets.
You do realise we are playing better than last season, just a bit unlucky

I’m positive I’m not being negative - just saying it like I see it.

15 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Aye and that £1.5m centrehalf he sold to Celtic as well, obviously. 

Oh and keeping Gowser from the clutches o the fermers. 

McCann has made more from the transfer market in the last six months than Perth Blues have made in the last 10 years.

Regarding our current woes we're only really lacking goals. If we scored more it would take the pressure off the defense. I honestly think a creative midfielder and genuine finisher would sort it. A keeper would be my next priority.

I really, really don't want to see 10 players arrive in the window, regardless of which division we're in. Continuity is really important and one of Hartley's big failings in his time with us. IMO McCann should also be a lot more consistent in his selection, but he seems to be learning that gradually. 

I'm gonna say this now, Kusunga has looked like nothing but a haddy to me. People were raving about him when he came on against Hearts. I thought he looked shaky. And that 3rd goal we conceded against Rangers was no worse than Gomis' efforts last year.

Simon Murray has also been shite, he's contributed very little. He was awkward for the Hearts back line to deal with, but other than that I can't think of much.

8 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

McCann has made more from the transfer market in the last six months than Perth Blues have made in the last 10 years.

Has he? We've made £1.8m since TW took charge from May and O'Halloran 

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has he? We've made £1.8m since TW took charge from May and O'Halloran 

Was forgetting about O'Halloran to be fair. Just like everyone else has.

Even counting him you seem to have randomly added several hundred thousand, although you do always seem to like a bit of inflation.

6 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Was forgetting about O'Halloran to be fair. Just like everyone else has.

Even counting him you seem to have randomly added several hundred thousand, although you do always seem to like a bit of inflation.

Our bank balanced hasn't.

£1.8 million seems high all the same.

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Our bank balanced hasn't.

£1.8 million seems high all the same.

May was two £400k installments a year apart. We got 20% of his next fee, which was £200k. We got a fee for International appearances, club appearances and goals scored, which all in came to ~£200k. 

O'Halloran was £200k up front, £200k in the Summer and £100k upon Rangers promotion. We also had clauses based on appearances with him. 

It came to roughly £1.8m all in for both but was spread over a large period. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't want to hijack a Dundee thread, but I'm going by our accounts, which state that our income from player trading – which would presumably include all these elements – was £1.25m between 1 June 2014 and May 31 2016. 5acb6b749237f_ScreenShot2018-04-09at14_31_54.png.f3f200a9bc7e2f337887f10e827814e2.png

Edited by Mr Heliums

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

May was two £400k installments a year apart. We got 20% of his next fee, which was £200k. We got a fee for International appearances, club appearances and goals scored, which all in came to ~£200k. 

O'Halloran was £200k up front, £200k in the Summer and £100k upon Rangers promotion. We also had clauses based on appearances with him. 

Where on earth have you picked up all that? We probably had both a sell on and an international appearance fee somewhere in the May deal but I doubt we'd get half the overall fee again for that, especially as Sheffield Wednesday sold May for roughly the same figure as they signed him for. 

MOH was roughly £500k from what I remember which, to be fair, was as good as we could've hoped to get for him given he had taken the huff.

Sorry Dees - not meaning to hijack your thread.

40 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm gonna say this now, Kusunga has looked like nothing but a haddy to me. People were raving about him when he came on against Hearts. I thought he looked shaky. And that 3rd goal we conceded against Rangers was no worse than Gomis' efforts last year.

Simon Murray has also been shite, he's contributed very little. He was awkward for the Hearts back line to deal with, but other than that I can't think of much.

His two goals against Thistle were quite important I thought.  In that 90 minutes he scored twice as many league goals from open play as Moussa has all season.  Without those two goals we’d be a point behind Thistle. 

His two goals against Thistle were quite important I thought.  In that 90 minutes he scored twice as many league goals from open play as Moussa has all season.  Without those two goals we’d be a point behind Thistle. 

Very true, he has contributed game winning points to the side in a single game. Still going down as a flop for me tbf.

15 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Don't want to hijack a Dundee thread, but I'm going by our accounts, which state that our income from player trading – which would presumably include all these elements – was £1.25m between 1 June 2014 and May 31 2016. 5acb6b749237f_ScreenShot2018-04-09at14_31_54.png.f3f200a9bc7e2f337887f10e827814e2.png

Just what I've been told tbf, our accounts are always a bit odd. 

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Where on earth have you picked up all that? We probably had both a sell on and an international appearance fee somewhere in the May deal but I doubt we'd get half the overall fee again for that, especially as Sheffield Wednesday sold May for roughly the same figure as they signed him for. 

Preston paid £1m for May, which was reported down there. As Sheffield Wednesday wanted their £800k back while we were due 20% of the next transfer.