All things Dundee FC

Copied second hand regarding last nights meet the manager event.

- Top six is target, Talking to Kamara about contract extension, Dens no worse than anywhere else for Victor Meldrew brigade, actively looking for a striker, Gowser is big player.

- Player budget is not as big as manager would like, manager claims one Premiership manager spent more time preparing for Dundee than anyone else, feels over-physical teams are Motherwell, Hearts and Hamilton.

- Club looking for a striker but one who can score cost more, need to find before other clubs with more resources come in for them. Manager plays from the back as it draws opposition out and feels this is the hardest part.

- Manager says Dundee now have pick of young talent in the city looking further afield up north and west too. Thinks Simon Murray was great loan deal. Says age no barrier to playing. Wants young players knocking on door to get in team.

- Can't guarantee any player starting place.

- Bid for Caulker was massive. Proud that Kamara became full Finnish international at Dens not Arsenal. Players will only leave if price is right

- Ended the night getting asked about Gowser arrest and said to questioner "You want to end on a downer". Then got angry at fan who thanked him for getting rid of Holt.

- Manager said the scouting network was non-existent when he took over.

Nothing earth shattering really.

10 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You're tenants, chap.

I don't own my car but I'm still entitled to cover it in sponsorship, provided it's all removed before I hand it back.

Now back in your box chump. 

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

^^^^ is he talking about the Fat Grass do we reckon?

Assume it's Robinson. He'll need an excuse for his utter failure to even mark Motherwell so "he pure tried dead hard to beat us" seems a reasonable way for him to save face. 

9 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Your owner mentioned it in the Courier yesterday.

He did?

Perhaps you can provide the exact quote. 

Edit: I'll even be kind and provide a link: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/658769/exclusive-dundee-chief-john-nelms-sets-target-for-switch-to-new-home/

Edited by The Master

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

He did?

Perhaps you can provide the exact quote. 

Edit: I'll even be kind and provide a link: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/658769/exclusive-dundee-chief-john-nelms-sets-target-for-switch-to-new-home/

No problem, chap:

Nelms also admitted he would not have a problem with the stadium carrying a sponsor’s name in its title.

He said: “I would definitely contemplate that. But for instance, if we had a sponsor for Dens Park, then it would be whatever stadium at Dens Park."

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

No problem, chap:

Nelms also admitted he would not have a problem with the stadium carrying a sponsor’s name in its title.

He said: “I would definitely contemplate that. But for instance, if we had a sponsor for Dens Park, then it would be whatever stadium at Dens Park."

Nope, try again.

On the other hand, you could just admit now you were wrong and save a lot of my time, and your tears.

12 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Is that it? Is that all you've got?

No more is required. 

If that quote "is...all you've got" then clearly there's absolutely nothing to debate.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

No more is required. 

If that quote "is...all you've got" then clearly there's absolutely nothing to debate.

You're right, there is nothing to debate. Time for you to withdraw gracefully while trying to cover up that you've made a fool of yourself.

Again.