All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I keep thinking we might go in for a loan move for Jesse Curran - seems to be a bit of a fringe player at Dens, played pretty well against us last season which seems to have been the basis for certain previous transfer targets (99% sure there were comments to the effect that Archibald signed John Baird on the back of finding him tough to play against when he was still a player, although there's every chance I've got that totally wrong), got a nice and direct running style that should be useful in the championship.

Any chance of it happening?

It'd probably be a good move for him tbh coz his first team chances will surely be limited behind the two French lads & Spence + Kamara & Gowser (if they're still with us) but after watching the meet the manager interview I'd imagine any loans won't happen til McCann has seen them in pre season.

One player you guys should def be after if he's still in the country is Kosta. Decent solid defender who did a good job for us most times he played til he fell out of favour and didn't play last season. Didn't get much chance under McCann and was loaned out but is a stylish, coffee shop loving chap whose goal helped relegate the dabs :wub:

40 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I keep thinking we might go in for a loan move for Jesse Curran - seems to be a bit of a fringe player at Dens, played pretty well against us last season which seems to have been the basis for certain previous transfer targets (99% sure there were comments to the effect that Archibald signed John Baird on the back of finding him tough to play against when he was still a player, although there's every chance I've got that totally wrong), got a nice and direct running style that should be useful in the championship.

Would be a good move for everyone, would say he has no chance of getting in the 1st team.

eta. He would also rip that championship.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

He's not signed a new deal with us yet, so there's every chance someone can take him permanently, although we have offered him a new deal. Seems to have been on the fringes at RB/CM for 2-3 seasons now and never broke in properly. He's 22 in July and still not played a lot of first team football - I reckon the plan will be to loan him out and give him a make or break chance. I'm sure I've said that about him for the past 2 seasons though.

I concur with my fellow Dee, Gadzhalov is one that you should be looking at. Provided you get a leader alongside him to talk him through games, he'll solidify you right up and become a proper cult hero.

Is it just me that wants ElBak to stay?
I think there is still great potential in the lad. Needs to bulk up a bit but a good option to come off the bench.

I really want the lad to come good but just can’t see it happening.

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I like what I’ve saw of him so far. If we lose him I could see us regretting it further down the line like the monumental f**k up with Boyle. 

A 2 year deal with a loan until January to a championship team could be the making of the laddie. Same goes for Waddell & Jefferies. 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

El Bak gets you off your seat only to getting you sitting back on yer arse thinking jesus f**k how did he miss that or ffs just play someone in once without shooting wildly over for once. 

Cannae fault his effort but he’s very frustrating to watch. 

Edited by Yenitit

19 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I like what I’ve saw of him so far. If we lose him I could see us regretting it further down the line like the monumental f**k up with Boyle. 

A 2 year deal with a loan until January to a championship team could be the making of the laddie. Same goes for Waddell & Jefferies. 

I seem to remember hearing that Waddell asked for a loan deal when he wasn’t getting a game.  McCann said no, they fell out over it and that’s why Waddell has struggled to get back into the team. 

I might be completely wrong about that and just had too much sun and Peroni today.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I think there is still great potential in the lad. Needs to bulk up a bit but a good option to come off the bench.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Agreed.  I think the Premiership is just a step too far for him.  His individual skill is obvious but at this level you need to know how to play as part of a team and make the most of at least every 2nd, clear chance.  

5 hours ago, Girth said:

Well played mate.

My connection to Dundee is that I was student at the uni 2008 - 2009.

I watched United first but found it too ‘family friendly’ for me (shit atmosphere Tbf).

I went to Dens after and thought - this is proper. This was when Antoine- Curier was up front. Went to a fair few games that season.

Been following ever since.

This is cool and good and why there should be cheap student tickets.

I have no family football history at all and ended up following Dundee because orange is a horrible colour to make anything except oranges. I also like an underdog which in the mid-90s we definitely were.

Those were the days eh dayglows. Those were the days...

I seem to remember hearing that Waddell asked for a loan deal when he wasn’t getting a game.  McCann said no, they fell out over it and that’s why Waddell has struggled to get back into the team. 
I might be completely wrong about that and just had too much sun and Peroni today.

John Robertson wanted him at Inverness. I think Waddell is a definite prospect but there’s plenty time for him. We heard McCann at the Meet the Manager, he’s determined to blood young players.

He has zero composure and his decision making is terrible. He was a bit of a marquee signing a couple years back so imagine he is on decent money so would be good if we could move him on.

I concur with my fellow Dees, Kosta Gadzhalov the Dabslayer would be a great signing for many teams in the bottom half of the Premiership or in the top half of the Championship.

On 5/11/2018 at 23:05, bobbycoxblue said:

Hello my fellow Dees.. much happened in the football world tonight??

No, not much.. a wee team got pumped (again) but nothing that wasn't expected

29 minutes ago, Ylf said:

How does everyone think O’Hara will do at Peterborough?

I reckon if he's used as an attacking midfielder he'll do alright. If not I'd imagine he'll be on loan at Livingston or Accies or some shite like that in January. 

How does everyone think O’Hara will do at Peterborough?

Personally I think he will struggle at that level. When you look at how someone like Hemmings struggled and O’Hara is half the player he was.

For me he is to inconsistent to play at that level and his lack of natural ability will show especially if played further up the pitch.