All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why is "success" highlighted as if the last decade hasn't been? 

Our "decline" is a natural slide to "our level", which realistically is somewhere between 6th and the top of the Championship, which has coincided with the likes of Hibs and Kilmarnock sorting themselves out. I doubt we'll drop out this division while Tommy Wright is in charge. 

You’re right.  With the size of Tommy’s ego he’d bail out before long before  any relegation was confirmed.

Edited by Shadow Play

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Your right.  With the size of Tommy’s ego he’d bail out before long before  any relegation was confirmed.

I doubt it. McCann on the other hand, would likely have a huge fallout with the entire Dundee squad if you were adrift by Christmas.. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt it. McCann on the other hand, would likely have a huge fallout with the entire Dundee squad if you were adrift by Christmas.. 

Guess we will never know if McCann would do that or not in such a situation. ;)

We were in a fairly dire position last winter and the team pulled together. Particularly pleasing being the defeat of Sainties after the split when Tommy was desperate to do us in. I’ll never forget him roaring at the team what a bunch of useless c***s they were in the dressing room after the game. Tommy’s head had totally exploded.

He’s a funny lad Random Guy but beware fellow Dees, he’s (and I quote) ‘worked as a labourer for 10 years and is as hard as f**k’.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McCann has already made your club's most successful ever manager into a bumbling, greeting grass that feels the need to bring McCann up on your own club's poty do such is the amount he's rattled. 

f**k knows what McCann will do to him next season.  

McCann has already made your club's most successful ever manager into a bumbling, greeting grass that feels the need to bring McCann up on your own club's poty do such is the amount he's rattled. 

I could see Tommy having a heart attack at Dens.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lose 4-0 again? 

Some managers rattle others, I'd suggest you look at Wright against McNamara and figure out whether TW is actually raging because of McCann or if that's just how he is around certain managers, as he thinks it might give him an advantage. 

As I say, United used to regularly pump us once a season, McNamara, eventually, got obsessed with trying to GIRUY Wright he couldn't see what was happening on the pitch. Better hope McCanns not as daft. 

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Embarrassing comment. Let's make sure we finish above them for once this coming season. 

8 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

Embarrassing comment. Let's make sure we finish above them for once this coming season. 

Wrights comments at the poty do were indeed, embarrassing. 

Just now, Dabslayer said:

You appear to have let TW and St J wind you up very easily. Keep in mind this season is about steady progress in the league and a cup.

Settle down - this is a multi club forum and as such there will be mud slinging all the time. I'm under no allusions what this season is about. 

4 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

You appear to have let TW and St J wind you up very easily. Keep in mind this season is about steady progress in the league and a cup.

Tbf there's nothing wrong with ripping the pish out of a manager of another club looking a bit daft after a tear-stained fit of rage over our own manager. 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Success" was highlighted because its subjective how successful you were - you won a cup, got higher in the table than normal for a few seasons and got papped out of Europe a couple of times...

Not saying we wouldn't be happy to be doing that but having got to that level I'd personally be disappointed if that was allowed to fade away so we could slide back to our "level". Sliding back to your level is another way of saying "downward spiral" though so thank you for admitting we've been right.

It's just a case of seeing if you're right about it levelling off and you cling on like Hamilton (or us the last few seasons) or if we're right and you guys keep sliding as your manager/director let's players leave without replacements coming in.

5 minutes ago, locheedee said:

"Success" was highlighted because its subjective how successful you were - you won a cup, got higher in the table than normal for a few seasons and got papped out of Europe a couple of times...

Even for a Dundee fan, this is desperate stuff. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What happened between Wright and McCann?

Basically McCann wanted a square go with chunky Tommy beside the dressing rooms after putting Zander Clark  in his place.  Tommy shat it, then grassed him up to the ref. 

McCann then ripped the pish out of Wright before, during and after our next game with the Sainteees

Edited by Yenitit