All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Let's be absolutely honest, I think there's only been mini little phases of that since the Bonetti era. The Deefiant season excluded - Has there ever been a season of truly enjoying the fare on show?

Alex Rae's first season was amazing. Giving teams one goal starts and still winning. The start of the real needle with Hamilton. Derek Lyle being Derek Lyle. Hounding Paul Dixon. Conceding 143rd minute goals at home to fucking Clyde to lose 1-0 in Siberia type weather. MAC being a two game hero. 

Best season of my life. 

It's all shite now. Every part. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Considering how Hartley got on Falkirk, theres an argument you could've been even worse off.

I still don't understand why he decided his biggest strength (Spotting players) was the one thing he didn't trust himself with at Falkirk. Trusting some random English scout to bring in players.

Bamboozling! At Dundee he punted all our scouts including Archie Knox and done everything himself, then goes to Falkirk and delegates the most important part of football IMO (Recruitment).

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I still don't understand why he decided his biggest strength (Spotting players) was the one thing he didn't trust himself with at Falkirk. Trusting some random English scout to bring in players.

Bamboozling! At Dundee he punted all our scouts including Archie Knox and done everything himself, then goes to Falkirk and delegates the most important part of football IMO (Recruitment).

Arvid Schenk, Darryl Meggatt, Nicky Low, Kevin Gomis, Danny Williams, Simon Ferry, Paul Heffernan, Luka Tankulic, Yordi Teijsse, Faissal El-Bakhtaoui, Riccardo Calder, Michael Duffy, Rory Loy, Alex Harris, Paul Heffernan, Nick Ross, Henrik Ojamaa, Tom Hateley, Phil Roberts, David Mitchell.

Edited by Shadow Play

Just now, Shadow Play said:

Arvid Schenk, Darryl Meggatt, Nicky Low, Kevin Gomis, Danny Williams, Simon Ferry, Paul Heffernan, Luka Tankulic, Yordi Teijsse, Faissal El-Bakhtaoui, Riccardo Calder, Michael Duffy, Rory Loy, Alex Harris, Paul Heffernan, Nick Ross, Henrik Ojamaa, Tom Hateley, Phil Roberts, David Mitchell.

Half them signings there was nothing wrong with on paper. Not every signing works out, doesn't mean it was a naturally piece of bad judgement at the time of signing. For what it's worth, Mitchell, Roberts, Ojamaa, Hateley, Heffernan, Ross, El-Bakhtaoui, Low, Williams & Ferry were all solid signings at the point we signed them.

I think the worst thing about this season is that the faults are glaringly obvious.

In the first half of the season we had an incompetent manager that should have never of been brought in, being persistent with his own style of passing it out from the back, never dropping under performers and playing folk out of position.

The second half of the season we have another clueless buffoon that should never of been brought in, not knowing himself what his favoured style of football is, playing his favourites constantly without even a hint of them being dropped, again playing players out of position constantly.

They both had chances to strengthen the squad in the right area's but both did not strengthen the central defence, central midfield or wings.

It is frustrating as a fan because the errors are so fucking obvious, but the managers have been blinded by stubbornness and arrogance.

I blame Nelms by being ignorant to Scottish Football and falling for these 2 sham managers interview patter.

We need a director of football with his finger on the pulse in Scottish Football and a new head coach who can change his approach when things are not working.

I think this is all too late now.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Half them signings there was nothing wrong with on paper. Not every signing works out, doesn't mean it was a naturally piece of bad judgement at the time of signing. For what it's worth, Mitchell, Roberts, Ojamaa, Hateley, Heffernan, Ross, El-Bakhtaoui, Low, Williams & Ferry were all solid signings at the point we signed them.

I agree not every signing works out but the high ratio of failures is something a club of Flakirk’s size could not afford.   That is most likely why he left it to someone else.

It's been brutal because we have had an endless amount of cash thrown at the team but no result for it.

I'll leave it to someone who wants to do the maths but we have had a very high number of in and outs this last two seasons.

The year Hartley left was supposed to be a warning and was the right time to try and fix it. Instead we made the McCann mistake and spent X amount of £s on that. 

Then we got McIntyre, cut the wage bill (have to spend money to do that) and got in a new raft of players for very similar results.

We have had chances to fix things endlessly but we have the wrong person holding the chequebook and the wrong person doing the shopping.

I still think we have a chance to survive but we can't be doing this every bloody season.

7 hours ago, My Brother Woody said:

Get a good motivator in for the last 7 games. Dunno who that is but no point going on like this. 

Cammy, Gowser and O Dea back in for Horsfield, Kusunga and Woods.

What about just handing it over to McPake/Boyle for the remainder? At least they'll re-institute the players that give a damn about the club that have been shunted aside by JM for players that aren't any better or are actually even worse. 

Anybody starting to question Dieng?? Maybe we should empty out the arsenal and toss Parish back between the sticks. 

While we're at it Kenny Miller should start in place of Craig Curran. At least with those four player (maybe 5 if you include the keeper) changes we would at least put up a fight in the remaining fixtures of this battle instead of playing like a bunch of simpering wimps like yesterday. To think that without Andrew Davies being a permacrock we'd currently have a relegation veteran (CCurran) starting ahead of KMiller at the front, one more (Woods) captaining the side and consistently mis-hitting passes, set pieces, and shots in the middle, and then one (Davies) leading the backline. Unfortunately as long as JM is in charge CCurran and Woods will have to show up at Dens missing a limb apiece to get dropped.

Oh and one more thing Jesse Curran should be placed in a glass case to be broken open and used only in the case of emergency. The emergency being if we only have 10 fit players and will have to forfeit the match unless he plays.

Edited by CanadianDee

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The only positive I have just now is that we won't need to pay off many more players - whatever happens there will need to be a major squad rebuild in the summer.

Will the yanks want to fund that though? Couples with the already HUGE losses we are making, we also lose the bulk of our income by dropping to the championship.

6 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Absolutely brutal list! He did make some good signings though. Bain, Stewart, Hemmings, O'dea, Mcgowan, Clarkson, Gadzhalov, Mcpake, Harkins, Thomson, Konrad.  Even Mark O'Hara,  Holt, Haber and Mcginn weren't as bad as most of the Mccann signings.  Hindsight is always 20-20 but the managers that have come after Hartley have not been as good.

People on here giving John Nelms far too much credit* for the McIntyre appointment. The guy didn’t have a clue who he was appointing and openly admits in his interview after the appointment (on youtube) that someone told him McIntyre was perfect for the job so he went out and got him. Utterly clueless c**t.

*By far too much credit I mean that people actually think he had a plan at all by appointing him.

48 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

People on here giving John Nelms far too much credit* for the McIntyre appointment. The guy didn’t have a clue who he was appointing and openly admits in his interview after the appointment (on youtube) that someone told him McIntyre was perfect for the job so he went out and got him. Utterly clueless c**t.

*By far too much credit I mean that people actually think he had a plan at all by appointing him.

whoever is bending nelms ears regarding our managers needs shot...some fucker is telling him so and so will be perfect for us as I can hardly see nelms sitting watching sky sports and seeing McCann talking shop and suddenly deciding here this man should be our next manager.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Jim Mac still not been punted? Nelms has lost the plot and I blame him for this more than McIntyre.

There's no chance McIntyre will be punted at any point before the season is finished.

Whether right or wrong it's simply not going to happen.

Thank you.

Just read on TDB that McIntyre has told Waddell he isn't in his nor Dundee's plans next season. 
Looks like he's being retained so.. it's time to vote with our feet. 

That’s absolutely mental.

Solid and no nonsense defender that should certainly be on his wavelength... whatever that is. Not too sure how he’s done at Morton apart from that own goal not too long ago but he always performed for us.

Although Cammy Kerr has been given far more than the benefit of the doubt in the dark blue he should almost definitely be playing in the Championship for us as well but I’m suspecting he will be gone as well.

Absolutely fucking depressing reading anything at the moment at all in relation to this team.