All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can I ask what this is in reference to? I assume it's maybe Jim McIntyre's accent, but I've no clue.

Good evening.

Likewise, I do like to presume and assume I'm worldly-wise and well travelled, however I've also been struggling a tad since the tail end of the last calendar year, lol.

Always personally thought sub-titles would have assisted on the evening news.

Best regards.

1 minute ago, ForzaDundee said:

Gonna spend the afternoon in work digging up old posts from myself warning against selling the club the the yanks. I was right all along.

Dont worry Chicken George Ltd is planning a Dundee takeover with a potential 10m investment in Clarks the bakers 

10 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Gonna spend the afternoon in work digging up old posts from myself warning against selling the club the the yanks. I was right all along.

The Yanks have been an overall massive positive. They're not the most fan friendly and Nelms has had an absolute disaster this season but we've been the most stable we've been in my lifetime.

We've also spent the longest consecutive amount of years in the top flight since we were investing multi millions chasing a dream of challenging the OF. 

1 horrific season, and by f**k has it been horrific, doesn't change that.

I was hugely skeptical about the Americans coming in and I was pretty vocal (and visual) about it at the time.

Things changed for me after the fan vote; once it was voted in, I got on-board and for the most part was pleased with the path we were on — particularly in the ambition they showed to bring Hartley over from Alloa.

I think Nelms has made some incredibly short-sighted decisions (season tickets, comments over the Celtic banner, ignoring professional offers of help to the club to name a few), however, I do still think they’ve been good for us. We were an absolute shambles prior to Bill Colvin and quite frankly, he admitted himself his pockets only went so deep and that we needed another route forward.

Ultimately, they’ve got things badly wrong with McCann and McIntyre, but they’ve helped stablise us on and off the field. The proof will be in the pudding; how they react to relegation is going to be very telling — 10-15 years ago it would have (and did) crippled the club... I only hope they come to their senses and get this whole circus straightened out.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I wouldn't say no.

He loves a rebuild job.

Better than what we’ve got. 

If the club does the right thing and punt McIntyre there’s a few decent options out there that know the Scottish game inside out. 

Not gonna lie, relegation will be an absolute shite laugh but this would be a tasty league next season:

Arbroath
Alloa
Ayr United
Dundee
Dundee United
Dunfermline
Forfar
Greenock Morton 
Hamilton
Partick Thistle

I chose ICT to go up ahead of Hamilton as we have a dreadful record against ICT and whether we like it or not, Hamilton seem to have become our rivals over the past decade or so. (It's amusing that St Johnstone have spent their existence trying to manufacture a rivalry with us and Hamilton just swat them aside in the 'hatred' stakes)

QotS to go down. Probably unlikely but getting Dobbie out the league and another side we have a dreadful record against for a wee local game against Forfar would be delightful.

And unless Dunfermline and Partick got their shit together, we'd hopefully see a nice three way battle for the title, us, The DABs and Accies. We'd probably shit the bed and finish 5th but it's too early for those kind of thoughts.

Bit late to the party. I gave you a choice and you knocked me back. More or less every Dundee fan knew we were down ( including me which you proved with evidence, which I appreciate) so their would be no point to carry anything else on as I will be posting in the championship mainly.
You shit the bed the first time....

Maybe a learning curve

It’s ok anyway mate even if I took the bet and you stayed up I would’ve just ignored it and kept on posting anyway to be honest.

On 27/04/2019 at 11:32, ancientnoise said:

You're right.

You don't need me to spell it out for you, but this is the problem right here:

dundee_gd.thumb.jpg.6b116761129ee0102f1b1b3420c1ffda.jpg

The defence has been woeful from the start, and probably the worst I've seen from a team in years of watching the top league. I expected it to improve after McCann, it often does after a manager switch, but it hasn't really has it? Laughably flimsy throughout the season.  

Sort that out first.

Oh, and don't give up on your side. 

In fact since McLownIntyre has arrived we give up roughly .4 more goals per game. So closing in on an extra goal against every two games. It's utterly mental, and we all know it. Our support was pretty much lukewarm at best, hostile at worst when JM go the job, but at this point it seems untenable. In fact I can't see how he's still in post, I'm flabbergasted that someone hasn't handed him his coat and bundled him into a waiting taxi.

We never give up on our side though (we're Dundee fans for fuxake, we're the opposite of glory hunters), and we won't, but this imposter has to go. 

Edited by CanadianDee

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

(It's amusing that St Johnstone have spent their existence trying to manufacture a rivalry with us and Hamilton just swat them aside in the 'hatred' stakes)

Why even bring us into this? Dundee v United is the ultimate diddy rivalry. One word proves this, Utility.