All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Thomohawk said:

What's the latest with the WGS situation? Everything seems to have gone rather quiet on that front. 

Read elsewhere he’s on holiday in the Alicante area. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Punted by McIntyre, picked up by McInnes. Says it all about McIntyre. 

I'm not really sure it does. McInnes (or Aberdeen) has just signed Luc Bollan - son of Gary - from Dundee United recently and he's meant to absolutely shite and has been told he's only being signed to fill the development squads. 

There seems to be more of it happening, clubs just filling spaces rather than searching out genuine quality. 

I'm not really sure it does. McInnes (or Aberdeen) has just signed Luc Bollan - son of Gary - from Dundee United recently and he's meant to absolutely shite and has been told he's only being signed to fill the development squads. 
There seems to be more of it happening, clubs just filling spaces rather than searching out genuine quality. 
Some of this is true. We have had 1 team scrapped all together. A few of the players have signed for United , I know 2 of the lads have chucked football all together ( attitude for one them was awful and he was one of the better lads ).
My young lad has signed for Dundee United and he is only 7. He is training with the under 9s and training has been upped to almost double since he left fairmuir ( was not even their half a year ) but point is yeah a good few boys have been brought in for them and in my opinion some of them who are older than them dont seem all that great.
Willo flood young lad signed on aswell ( played for United social ) and he is a cracking player.

Harry on here was telling us our 12s are something else.

Squads seem to be getting bigger but how good they actual are I guess depends on the player themselves.

Seriously pissed off with the lack of signings now. Preseason started, 3 weeks or so to the first competitive game, about to go off on our training camp. All the unsigned players are back from their holidays.
We will probably sign Blair and Fyvie - I’ve no idea what Blair is like - can anyone enlighten me?

54 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

My young lad has signed for Dundee United and he is only 7. 

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

Pare laddie, I blame the parents! I’m sure he’ll cross the street when he’s old enough to make his own decisions 😄

Edited by Yenitit

14 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Haha believe it or not since I've been watching my young lad play football I havnt seen many scouts from Dundee who go watch fairmuir or certainly the younger ages as I know they are quite a successful club in the older ages.

Congratulations. Wish him all the best.

15 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Seriously pissed off with the lack of signings now. Preseason started, 3 weeks or so to the first competitive game, about to go off on our training camp. All the unsigned players are back from their holidays.
We will probably sign Blair and Fyvie - I’ve no idea what Blair is like - can anyone enlighten me?

Not at the pissed off stage yet but was hoping for a couple more signings since Byrne and the rest were announced. Starting to worry a wee bit that Inverness get a bit of a starty on us before the signings we eventually make have a chance to get to know one another and our style of play. 

Calm down brother. Good players will arrive soon enough.

4 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Calm down brother. Good players will arrive soon enough.

Agree with the above posting 100%.

Good players are readily available, however ones who possess the right attitude and character take a bit longer.

James McPake, like us witnessed the horror comings and goings of the last two seasons first hand.

Best regards and good luck to G-Mans young lad.