All things Dundee FC

Yet morons in our support chased him out of Dens and said Woods 'at least gives us dig'. 

Dele I normally agree wholeheartedly with you but Kamara was a chiselling cuñt who thought he was far too good for us and pretty soon he will pulling the same stroke on his current team.

15 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Dele I normally agree wholeheartedly with you but Kamara was a chiselling cuñt who thought he was far too good for us and pretty soon he will pulling the same stroke on his current team.

To be fair to Kamara he seemed to want away about the time McCann was losing it big time and McIntyre was appointed.  I can’t really blame him (or anyone else for that matter) for thinking he was too good to be playing for either of those charlatans.

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He was far too good for us. The thing I wholeheartedly argue against (and always will) is the "he's no caring" nonsense. Surround beauty with ugly, it'll be dragged down. Even worse was the Woods 'he's nowhere near as bad as made out' bullshit. The club got filled with charlatans from the dugout outwards. Kamara (and every other black player) was the least of the worries. Scary who was emptied first though.. 

23 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Literally only Cammy seemed to give a shit last season. Can't blame the lad, was too good for that carnival act.

He was far to good for us and he is strolling it. We were the mugs who let him go for pennies. Best transfer in a long time

He however was a c**t but you could see his class. Effortlessly he played where most of our squad was miles off the pace.

Kamara was a class act but he was contributing nothing at the time, made it clear he wasn't wanting to fight and had already signed for Rangers on a PCA. 

50k gained in that situation, just a pity it was handed straight to McIntyre to spend on shite.

9 hours ago, Dele said:

Kamara (and every other black player) was the least of the worries. Scary who was emptied first though.. 

...........what?

Kamara  was clearly tapped up in the summer and wasn't fully commited to us as a result. Let's not get all nostalgic and forget that he didn't bother his arse in his last season. It was clear for everyone to see and that's why most of us wanted him away as the situation we were in meant we needed far more application from our players. I'm sure in his last game for us he was hooked at half time for an utterly stinking performance.

And whilst getting next to fuckall for one of the best players to be here in recent years is obviously annoying - he'd literally already signed a contract with another team for fuckall. Why would that team then throw money and sell-on clauses at us? 

I'm not getting nostalgic. It was said at the time that no matter how little he was or wasn't doing - Kamara standing in the middle of the park motionless was ten times more effective than anything his supposed replacements brought to the team. 

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kamara was a class act but he was contributing nothing at the time, made it clear he wasn't wanting to fight and had already signed for Rangers on a PCA. 

50k gained in that situation, just a pity it was handed straight to McIntyre to spend on shite.

In fairness, he was dropped for a game at Aberdeen. There was maybe an indication there that the management wasn't too fussed about it. I'd have been begging him to stay, once January goes without him moving on, he's not going to spend 6 months with his feet up, he's looking at moving to a good side and he needs to demonstrate he can make an impact.

The double fixture we had V Livi (where he was actually decent) and St Johnstone, he took a lot of stick for being effortless but the moment he left the park at half time in the second game, we went from actually being a bit competitive to a complete shitfest. I think him maybe a bit not arsed was still a really good player, a lot of the skill of a player like him isn't flying into tackles, it's having the composure to take a ball down and play it on to someone in space.

The worst for me last season was Spence by miles tbh. He looked fine when we played a really structured team and he was a spare midfielder who was asked to do an extra bit of pressing and that had me quite hopeful. The moment he actually had any responsibility beyond that, it was terrifying and he just lacked the instinct, composure and physicality to have any sort of presence , there was a game against St Johnstone where he actually ended up off the pitch in tears. He's doing better than last seasons bunch at a top flight level but I'd be surprised if that keeps up.

I liked Kharl, sense a bigger story there. Elton maybe would have been a nice project to loan out but we needed these guys to be playing instantly. I think one of McCann's most important players to him season one was O'Hara and losing him was actually a huge huge issue.

Flapjack's back to stop the Queens attack.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1030673/jacks-back-for-dundee-as-goalkeeper-hamilton-recovers-to-face-queen-of-the-south/

Meaning Hazard's offski. Did fairly well overall imo, got 3 wins with him thrown in. Best of luck to him at Sellick.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Care to elaborate on the supposed racist transfer policy? 

Merely speculation - a friend was told by a player at the club at the time - that a certain group of players weren't treated the same as others. 

Some put it down to them being a former managers signings. Only, it wasn't all of those signings. Just a selection of them. 

13 minutes ago, Dele said:

Merely speculation - a friend was told by a player at the club at the time - that a certain group of players weren't treated the same as others. 

Some put it down to them being a former managers signings. Only, it wasn't all of those signings. Just a selection of them. 

The more I hear of that Jim McIntyre... the less I like him. And I already despise him.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

6 hours ago, Dele said:

Although I think that's purely coincidence, those that refused to move on were jobbers looking for more severance. 

I really respect those that left as they could have held out for more cash. Think it just says more about the certain group you are referring to's work ethic. 

Either way, like to think we have people above deplorable behaviour like racism pulling the strings at Dens.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

How many captains have we had this season? I see its Ness turn today.

Ness, McGhee, Dorrans, Gowser, I think Cammy had a turn at one point, uh maybe Byrne? Why even bother with it if there's no out and out leader. 

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Is there any point in Ness? Is his role just to keep Meekings company in the physiology room?

We must sign more always injured players than any team in the world, even a Ninewells regulars eleven don't come close.