All things Dundee FC

McPake confirming that Ashcroft turned down St Johnstone to sign for us.

That's Hemmings, McGowan & Ashcroft all choosing us over St Johnstone in recent times. Evidently realise what a diddy club St Johnstone

truly are.

Would you want to play for a 1kg bag of potatoes each week!?

3 hours ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

How do you feel about all the other teams that voted to end the season? It's like you lads and Hearts just want to blame us for everything but what about the other teams that voted to end the season.. And more to the point what about your teams performance throughout the whole season? Each to there own but see all these hearts and Partick fans that are never stepping inside dens again well that's your choice but I guess yous won't be stepping in any of the other teams ground that voted to end the season? I would always put my team first before a team that I hated. 

Hearts voted to end the season.

My last word on this farcical summer. 
During the debate following the now infamous April vote I laid into Nelms for breaking the agreement he had with my club, Partick, and ICT. I suggested he was a dishonourable individual. This of course didn't go down well with Dundee fans some of whom even disputed there was an agreement. That there was an agreement cannot now be disputed! 
I was asked by a Dundee fan what I would think of Nelms if his change of course actually led to league reconstruction and saved Partick! Feeling that reconstruction was never going to happen, I said I would reserve judgement! 
Well the whole sorry process has now been drawn to a conclusion, except for the fact that we and Hearts still have an SFA judicial review to face where I expect we will be hammered! 
So what do I think of Nelms? 
Well he broke an agreement so he is a dishonourable individual. He is also untrustworthy. Of that there can be no doubt. He also found himself out of his depth trying to deal with the SPFL, which is saying something given the ineptness and incompetence they have shown. He also showed a complete lack of character by being bullied into changing his vote a decision which ultimately relegated Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. 
Nelms saw an opportunity to sit 'at the top table' and to be one of the 'big hitters' and ultimately to be a Kingmaker (Lachlan Cameron's Ayr Utd Chairman description) instead he turned out to be the Court Clown. 
I used to consider Dundee my second club. From the Alan Gilzean team (yes I am that old) onwards I had nothing but good feelings for the club. I am afraid all that is gone. I know it won't make the slightest difference to Dundee but I will never attend a Dundee match again nor wish the club well!
I can only say I regret that my views about Nelms have also  influenced my feelings for the club but that's the way it is. 
So I have answered the question! 

l279a.jpeg

I thought Nelms behaved really badly in the whole affair but to be honest, had our ‘no’ vote stood the deal would have been repackaged a week later and would have past at a canter. As others have said if you want a scapegoat you’d be better looking inside your own club. I really like Thistle, and Hearts but move on ffs. We didn’t get our play off spot either.

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Bayo and Euan Henderson, if rumours are to be believed. 

Isn't that just Sellick fans giggling to themselves while imagining the seethe from a 'what if' scenario? Wouldn't say no to Bayo, mind you...

...if he wasn't coming back from a hamstring injury rn.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

52 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Isn't that just Sellick fans giggling to themselves while imagining the seethe from a 'what if' scenario? Wouldn't say no to Bayo, mind you.

No idea. I seen something saying 3 coming in on loan from Celtic (is that even possible?).. Bayo, Henderson and Connell. I got quite excited about Connell as a tall, mean centre half. Then I looked it up and he's left, it's actually some  oy built like the side of a Rizla.

Yay.

Can imagine Bayo and Hemmings could make the need for another 8 players pointless. 

#TriggerHappyDerry. 

#FeedTheBhoy. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

fair play to the boards of hearts and thistle...they have managed to convince their fans that its somehow dundees fault they were utter horseshit on the park last season bravo well played.

actually had a bit of sympathy for hearts then read jambos kickback...it was like they popped over to rangers media and asked to borrow some slavvering halfwits for the close season......maroon pound etc etc 🤣

Edited by Meeniedee

6 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Number 7 and 9 not yet taken up, on the squad numbers.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/2020-21-squad-numbers/

53 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It’s a pity that number 1 has been.

Yep, I agree, Scott Bain will need to draw lots with Charlie Adam for the coveted number 33 squad number, lol.

:thumsup2

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Yep, I agree, Scott Bain will need to draw lots with Charlie Adam for the coveted number 33 squad number, lol.

:thumsup2

Come back Bain, you've had your 15 minutes of glory, all is forgiven.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Are there people that don't think Bain was the best goalie we've had since big Rab? Huh.

Wouldn’t think so. 

Starting 11 for next season so far looking like this to me. 3-5-2

Ferrie

McGhee, Forster, Ashcroft

Elliot,  Dorrans, Byrne, Gowser, Marshall

Hemmings, McDaid