All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

In what way?

I assume it's a suggestion that he'll ruin the future talent. Should be noted that the progress that many of our young players looking to break through directly correlate with his time as Head Youth Coach. Would be happy for him to take back that role, but I doubt he'll be looking to go back like that.

McPake's post-match interview recording is on Dunfermline's match report if anyone can be arsed with listening to his voice for any length of time. Sounds absolutely scunnered, as he should be.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Managers_Post_Dundee&ID=12743

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

McPake's post-match interview recording is on Dunfermline's match report if anyone can be arsed with listening to his voice for any length of time. Sounds absolutely scunnered, as he should be.

He's bad enough at the best of times, but tonight? No thanks.

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He’s got all the personality of a potato, although he is right regardless of taking Adam of at 3-0 or even 3-1 the game should have been put to bed and again he’s right I feel sorry for Hamilton should definitely had a clean sheet today let down by his players in front 

34 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Volume doesn't go high enough on my laptop to make out what he is mumbling about.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

In what way?

In a way that you’re still paying McPake’s wages for years to come and funding another manager’s wage at the same time. There would also be someone somewhere down the chain at Dens who would lose their job because someone else was inadequate at theirs. 

42 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If he doesn't say "I'm out" then I don't want to hear anything he has to say.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He sounds like a broken man. He'll still not get punted.

Of course he won't.

He will be saying to Nelms "Hey, a draw against 2nd in the league is a great result."

Just like next week, "Hey, a draw against our bogey team is a great result."

And Nelms will lap this shit up.

Keyes needs to sort this shit out pronto.

@AmericanFan, you work/live next to Keyes office dont you? Go do us a favour and spray paint 'Nelms out McPake out' next to a massive cock on his building.

Surely Keyes has to look at how much money he is putting into this team and then at where we are in the table compared to teams that before the grant money came in literally looked to be on the brink, and think that maybe something is going wrong here. He can't just be sitting there thinking "money well spent".

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Surely Keyes has to look at how much money he is putting into this team and then at where we are in the table compared to teams that before the grant money came in literally looked to be on the brink, and think that maybe something is going wrong here. He can't just be sitting there thinking "money well spent".

Good point. At what point does Keyes have to consider that Nelms himself is fucking useless at appointing managers? We've been lumbered with the only two american businessman in history who don't empty someone the fucking instant they prove to be hopeless. Only fucking Dundee. 

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I assume it's a suggestion that he'll ruin the future talent. Should be noted that the progress that many of our young players looking to break through directly correlate with his time as Head Youth Coach. Would be happy for him to take back that role, but I doubt he'll be looking to go back like that.

Too late for that. You can’t get rid of a manager and still have him around the place, that’s a massive recipe for disaster and division. He could have stayed with the youths if he’d wanted but he took the gamble which clearly hasn’t paid off.

Thanks for your effort but it’s time to go.

18 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Too late for that. You can’t get rid of a manager and still have him around the place, that’s a massive recipe for disaster and division. He could have stayed with the youths if he’d wanted but he took the gamble which clearly hasn’t paid off.

Thanks for your effort but it’s time to go.

Agreed. How long was he in charge of Robertson, Cameron etc? Was it 1 year and he’s getting all the credit or does the same coach at the club follow the same group of players up through all the age levels? A bit of a boot in the bollocks for the coaches who have helped in the development of these players since the age of 9 and McPake’s getting the credit because he coached them for 1 year and played with them during his rehab period. 

A massive worry for Keyes is the impact that McPake is going to have on future revenue streams. If McPake continues as he is then season tickets will take a big hit next year. 

Still can’t get my head around those substitutions today. He arguably took our  2 best players off in a hugely important game leaving on Gowser and Mullen who continually gave the ball away, then the last sub changing to a back 5 was just fuckin ludicrous. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Of course he won't.

He will be saying to Nelms "Hey, a draw against 2nd in the league is a great result."

Just like next week, "Hey, a draw against our bogey team is a great result."

And Nelms will lap this shit up.

Keyes needs to sort this shit out pronto.

@AmericanFan, you work/live next to Keyes office dont you? Go do us a favour and spray paint 'Nelms out McPake out' next to a massive cock on his building.

Yessir. On my way with spray paint at the moment. Hope the Austin/Lake Travis PD aren't around. haha.

4 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Yessir. On my way with spray paint at the moment. Hope the Austin/Lake Travis PD aren't around. haha.

Does Tim Keyes have any sort of 'rep' locally in the area of Texas (I don't mean state wide - obviously) he operates in or is he just a typical businessman and no-one knows anything about him? 

All his websites are leading to dead or extremely dated links recently which is ominous! 

If we sacked him right now and got in Tommy Wright (for example) this season is still very much salvageable, 2nd place is still just 5 points ahead of us. We have a transfer window on the horizon, we have few decent players to build a team around, we have money. It feels SO FIXABLE.
He would be my first choice. Best option out there. Doubt we would think of approaching him mind.

Hearing McPake has been sacked, but taking it with a pinch of salt as i don't know the complete details from the source. Hope it's true though but I'm not holding my breath with this board. Hartley lost 6 in a row, then 7 in a row later on in season 16/17 before he was sacked [emoji849] Less said about McIntyre the better....