All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I had been told that he's "signed by all accounts". We'll see how true that is in the next few days.

Great move if true , Hearts , St Johnston, St Mirren were all showing interest in him 

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I had been told that he's "signed by all accounts". We'll see how true that is in the next few days.

Gutted. I've wanted us to sign him for well over a year now.

I had you lot tagged as signing Jason Naismith too, but see you've already got 2 RBs signed up, so probably not.

There will undoubtedly be players moved on over the summer who are still under contract. Be surprised if Declan doesn’t get a wee payment to move on and sign for someone like Partick. Not convinced Cummings will still be here either. 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Great move if true , Hearts , St Johnston, St Mirren were all showing interest in him 

Apparently the filth across the road thought it was a done deal. He did stick out in games against us this season. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Apparently the filth across the road thought it was a done deal. He did stick out in games against us this season. 

Mellon did speak to him , I believe him  going  has made him reconsider the other options 

Edited by Finlay21

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Not convinced Cummings will still be here either. 

FWIW, I think Cummings has really meshed with the dressing room, and now he has a chance to do what he's never really been able to do before - prove he's an effective striker in the Premiership. I personally very much want him to be here this season (not least because he's one of my favourite players in the game), and he's contracted for another season, so I think he'll still be here. Hope so at least.

22 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Mellon did speak to him , I believe him  going  has made him reconsider the other options 

Is he good enough to merit the Gary Harkins song from us? Takes a very special player to get that particular number. 

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

FWIW, I think Cummings has really meshed with the dressing room, and now he has a chance to do what he's never really been able to do before - prove he's an effective striker in the Premiership. I personally very much want him to be here this season (not least because he's one of my favourite players in the game), and he's contracted for another season, so I think he'll still be here. Hope so at least.

He definitely looks better suited in a front 2. Links the play well but was hoping for him to be a bit more clinical in front of goal to be totally honest. Tbf we’ve got used to Hemmings sticking most chances away and maybe isn’t a fair stick to beat him with. 

All the best to Osman, he turned out to be a pretty good contributor, but it's probably the right time here to move on.

I'm happy about Cammy hopefully returning. He was placed in some difficult scenarios this season and frankly he was really great in the last 8 or 9 games. His versatility will come in handy.

Legzdins hopefully signs the new contract, and then we're going to still be looking for another keeper as I don't see a future at Dens for Ferrie or JackHam.

As far as Fontaine goes I think having him around for another year is fine, but even if he continued his good end of season form into the premiership we'll still need to bring in more centre backs as his hamstrings seem to be stretched tighter than Tony Ashgar's belts. I also think Fisher may get sent out on a season long loan.

I don't think McDaid is going to make it to the end of August as a member of the Dee without being a) sent somewhere on a season long loan, b) sold for a packet of crisps to Partick, perhaps or c) or 'mutually' agreeable (small payout) parting of the ways. I've got nothing against the guy, but I think he'd be well and truly found out in the first tier. I reserve the right to forget I ever said any of this if he has the training camp and July and August of his life and earns his right to stay.

Edited by CanadianDee

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Worried that McPake isn't being ruthless enough. 

Yup, this. I'm more than worried. 

All the best to Osman, he done a good turn all in but he's clearly gubbed. Thailand sounds a bloody brilliant move. 

48 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Delivered like Tony Soprano.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Enjoyed the read, even if it was a journo that wrote it. Gordon talked sense all the way through. It’s good to learn about the club strategy, the management style from the owners and of course Gordon’s reflections on James McPake and a few of the players. 
After much disarray with the hell of a disinterested Arab at the helm in getting us relegated, the interruption of last season as we were getting good, plus the ups and downs of this season, I’m feeling good for going up. There’s a lot going well, when you gaze at our neighbours who change managers like wee lassies change their pants.