All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I know it looks like that but the Championship clubs have given the Prem clubs a run for their money in the cup encounters this season. We gave St Mirren a bit of a fright at love street. We’ll need to keep SOME of the current squad, surely?

Boys like Cameron and Mulligan deserve the chance. Byrne i rate but Bowyer obviously doesn't. McMullan on his game yeah, Sweeney & Ashcroft as back up yeah, but other than that, it's a no from me. Call me ruthless or an *rseh*le but just my opinion!

9 hours ago, The Derry said:

We'd need at an absolute minimum 7 new starters if we were to get promoted.  

Would have to agree with this. The defence needs replaced. Between French, Mulligan and Kerr the right back position is fine although Cammy’s time maybe up with us. Definitely need a keeper, 2 centrehalfs and a left back though. Even keeping Jakubiak and Robinson 2 strikers are needed. A winger and 2 central midfielders as well. Huge rebuild 

15 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Anyone know what the story is in the courier today? Its down as premium so for subscribers only but mentions Williamson, Robinson and Anderson as well as saying one loanee has gone back to their club...

Tolaj has gone back to Brighton to get his Achilles assessed.

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not wishing him any ill will but he won't be missed.

Just not good enough.

Was kind of expected seeing as he couldn’t get a game for Salford. Need to seriously up the ante on our signing targets. 

12 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Ahh cool, totally forgot about him. I had the fear it was Robinson at first

Article also said that Williamson was out because he got a cut on his ankle that got infected, Anderson twisted his knee and is getting a scan so likely to be out for a week or two. Cammy is back training this week. Everyone else no issues.

7 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Need these boys back as soon as possible because I think strength in depth will be key for the remaining games. Anyone else shitting it about Arbroath game?

The fact queen's park are doing their best slipping on banana skins impression I am in a constant state of nausea. 

It's entirely in our grasp and I hate it.

36 minutes ago, Crawford said:

The fact queen's park are doing their best slipping on banana skins impression I am in a constant state of nausea. 

It's entirely in our grasp and I hate it.

Any time something has been in our hands this season we have stumbled. I don't know how everyone else feels but I'd actually take a draw from Arbroath and Inverness at this point. Depending on what happens in QP game on Friday a draw wouldn't actually be a terrible result going in to our game in hand. 

A win against Arbroath and a loss for QP and I think we have total momentum though.

Arbroath have tweeted saying there are limited tickets left for the away end so hurry up and get them, hopefully see a 3000+ crowd through for us. Arbroath is a good day out so hopefully the weather is decent

I really shouldn’t be shiting it so much about playing relegation strugglers but I feel like we never win when Im at Gayfield. Saturday that changes, 8-0.

23 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Any time something has been in our hands this season we have stumbled. I don't know how everyone else feels but I'd actually take a draw from Arbroath and Inverness at this point. Depending on what happens in QP game on Friday a draw wouldn't actually be a terrible result going in to our game in hand. 

A win against Arbroath and a loss for QP and I think we have total momentum though.

If we lose to Arbroath I'll agree a point is acceptable!  Joking apart, if we are going to put this to bed before we have to go to Queens we need to be picking up 3 points in games like this.  It isn't a must win but a point would be disappointing.  

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If we lose to Arbroath I'll agree a point is acceptable!  Joking apart, if we are going to put this to bed before we have to go to Queens we need to be picking up 3 points in games like this.  It isn't a must win but a point would be disappointing.  

I think a lot of fans would be disappointed with a draw following on from big wins against Ayr and Hamilton. We should be aiming for maximum points but may not be terrible getting a point against a team that have bodied Ayr and QP in the past couple weeks!