All things Dundee FC

24 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

2 up top hasn’t really worked the last few away games. I was actually half way through saying we looked very much like a team that hadn’t scored in 2 away games when we scored yesterday. Don’t know how you make 2 up top seem isolated but we managed it.
What are peoples thoughts on our shape/approach for the last day v Queen’s Park?

Stick with the 2 up front. Second half, up to just after we scored and we were pretty decent yesterday, I thought. 

44 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Stick with the 2 up front. Second half, up to just after we scored and we were pretty decent yesterday, I thought. 

Agree I thought we were really good till 75 mins felt we were ripping their defence apart down the wings , jak was rolling his man every time , just feel we should’ve netted at least 3 of of those balls into box , there was some amount of free headers wasted put over the bar or past the post 

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

2 up top hasn’t really worked the last few away games. I was actually half way through saying we looked very much like a team that hadn’t scored in 2 away games when we scored yesterday. Don’t know how you make 2 up top seem isolated but we managed it.
What are peoples thoughts on our shape/approach for the last day v Queen’s Park?

I much prefer two up top, especially at this level.  It makes it far tougher for defenders but I accept it can make it more difficult in midfield.  

I think the two up top looks isolated at times when the midfield stops making positive forward runs when off the ball.  I don’t know if that’s because Bowyer may be a more naturally defensive type manager.  It also doesn’t help that we no longer have a midfielder with the passing ability of Charlie Adam - but then again, which team does?

2 up top leaves the centre of midfield with a battle and with our main battler in McGhee out and the creativity in the centre relying on Cameron, it's no surprise to see our central midfield area take a bit of a beating.

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Expecting two up top to handily deal with Cove, the midfield two should hopefully be able to comfortably handle whatever they can throw at them.

Kwame in for Jakubiak though?

Felt like Jakubiak was considerably better than Robinson against Caley but don't have it in me to drop Robinson. 

So aye.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Felt like Jakubiak was considerably better than Robinson against Caley but don't have it in me to drop Robinson. 

So aye.

I'd happily keep Jak and Zach both in honestly as they're both good runners with the ball unlike Kwame (idk, I don't ever remember Kwame running with the ball lol) but it's hard not to want Kwame to get at least half an hour off the bench. Depends on where things are by that point. I'd sincerely hope we'd have scored a couple of goals by then though, mind you.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Expecting two up top to handily deal with Cove, the midfield two should hopefully be able to comfortably handle whatever they can throw at them.

Kwame in for Jakubiak though?

Nah not for me. I’d stick with the same 11. Would prefer our wide players to be playing on their natural sides (a right footer on the right and a left footer on the left) as the final ball let us down time and again yesterday with the 2 wide players coming in on their weaker foot. 

Yesterday was very comfortable for us. Not so much after they scored but we had enough chances and opportunities out wide to win that by a couple yesterday. Hanant’s final ball was terrible but he appears to help Marshall’s game big time. 

Edited by Yenitit

Stick with the same. Kwame replacing one of the two would require Robinson to be dropped as I believe Jak's mobility would be better suited to him winning headers and knock downs etc. The link up with Robinson and Jak should cause Cove all sorts of problems and should we come to about the 60/65 minute mark and require something different then Kwame can come on. 

Simply put; if we don't beat Cove on Friday we wouldn't deserve to win the championship anyway. Start the game flying and don't give them time on the ball. 

On a side note I believe Bowyer has implemented a mentality within the squad that Dundee fans aren't used to...being hard to beat. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn prior to the two most important games of the season coming up but if we haven't had enough to win the game this season we have generally endeavoured not to lose the game.

55 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Looks like all the Charlie Reilly discussion has finally borne fruit. Looks a real talent and hopefully adjusts well to the rise in levels.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4330807/exclusive-charlie-reilly-dundee-sign-albion-rovers/

Previous clubs stated as Partick , airdrie and Hamilton before Albion Rovers, why didn’t they rate him enough to keep him?

31 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Previous clubs stated as Partick , airdrie and Hamilton before Albion Rovers, why didn’t they rate him enough to keep him?

You'd be best asking their fans tbh, my knowledge of him is pretty much just the Albion Rovers highlights I've watched this season.

Plenty of players bounce around in their youth before establishing themselves, one example being Lawrence Shankland. Reilly's clicked into gear at Clifton hill and we're taking a chance, doubt it'll be too hefty of a deal either. Every signing is a risk but this is a worthwhile one with plenty potential reward imo.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You'd be best asking their fans tbh, my knowledge of him is pretty much just the Albion Rovers highlights I've watched this season.

Plenty of players bounce around in their youth before establishing themselves, one example being Lawrence Shankland. Reilly's clicked into gear at Clifton hill and we're taking a chance, doubt it'll be too hefty of a deal either. Every signing is a risk but this is a worthwhile one with plenty potential reward imo.

And closer to home in Greg Stewart and Kane Hemmings - players develop and improve at different ages. Sometimes their potential is just overseen. Happens a lot more then it should tbh.