All things Dundee FC

Said it all season and will say it again; this Partick team are better than us by far (when we had players under contract). So lucky they had their mid-season injury crisis.

If the DABs can escape relegation, including their nailed on win against Livi tomorrow then they'll face a tough task to overcome this Partick team with the defence they have.

Don't mind the Partick either as an away day and have a general good feeling towards their fans who stick with it despite the ugly sisters on their door step. Would rather have them in the top league than the Killie aswell if it comes to it.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Said it all season and will say it again; this Partick team are better than us by far (when we had players under contract). So lucky they had their mid-season injury crisis.

If the DABs can escape relegation, including their nailed on win against Livi tomorrow then they'll face a tough task to overcome this Partick team with the defence they have.

Don't mind the Partick either as an away day and have a general good feeling towards their fans who stick with it despite the ugly sisters on their door step. Would rather have them in the top league than the Killie aswell if it comes to it.

Thank you.

They are a good team and although they’ve picked up since he left, McCall built this team. 
IMO, given where we are, we could do a lot worse and I’ve long felt it was written that he would manage us. 

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

They are a good team and although they’ve picked up since he left, McCall built this team. 
IMO, given where we are, we could do a lot worse and I’ve long felt it was written that he would manage us. 

I wanted him when we went for McPake - said as much on here. As usual from Dees it was Dab comments etc. Here we are years later still nowhere further forward with the people's choice.

We could do better than McCall and feel we need to be aiming to, but he's done really well at times recently with Partick and Ayr. There's so many people who would be going mad about it yet be delighted with Charlie Adam.

I really don't get much of the Dundee fans.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I wanted him when we went for McPake - said as much on here. As usual from Dees it was Dab comments etc. Here we are years later still nowhere further forward with the people's choice.

We could do better than McCall and feel we need to be aiming to, but he's done really well at times recently with Partick and Ayr. There's so many people who would be going mad about it yet be delighted with Charlie Adam.

I really don't get much of the Dundee fans.

Thank you.

I loved him when he played for us, a gifted player. I’m struggling to come up with names we can actually get. 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Jack Ross has a nice cushy and well paying job for Newcastle away from all the shite he's put up with the past few seasons. Nae danger is he coming here ever.

Agree @RossBFaeDundee, however the man has his professional pride and price. Feed it properly and we will prosper.  Collective outfit of shorts, sports jacket and Smiths tee-shirt, sorted imho. (Andy Rourke, RIP). 

59 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Looks like with what we are offering we aren't even looking in the bargain basement, we're in the damaged goods category.

I'd bite your hand off for a Martindale, Lennon, Neilson type but just can't see it.

Agree also @rhumbaclub, we shop in the damaged goods category also due to John Nelms' ongoing reputation in the game.

Regards 

Edited by This Charming Man

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Stephen Wright, our Head of Youth is potentially leaving next.

Off to Rangers apparently.

Might that free up David McCallum to take on a managerial role somewhere? My own feeling would be that Queen's might be a better fit, though, and therefore a more likely destination than Dens.

Also, is that Stephen Wright, the former Aberdeen & Rangers full-back?

Charlie Adam addresses Dundee job link (thecourier.co.uk)

Read the link above and not surprisingly Sir Charles of Adam has had no contact as yet from the Dens Park boardroom.

Seriously, have a word with yourselves Messrs Nelms and Strachan and stop embarrassing what little  remains of your self esteem in this business.

Now approaching a ludicrously embarrassing level of incompetence, imho. Not advocating Charlie is the next manager, however he surely merits and deserves an interview or chat regarding his interest in a potential position at the club.

Complete lack of respect to the club support also apparent due to the ongoing silence, as if you give a shit Messrs Nelms and Strachan.

Unless of course you're about to announce Robbie Neilson or Jack Ross that is, then all forgiven.

Regards

Charlie Adam doesn't deserve anything from the club. He has done nothing in the game in a managerial capacity. I'm not even sure if he has his badges. 

By all accounts, ridicule where it's deserved but he's a publicists wet dream touting himself miles above where he needs to be. He's also using the clubs name to do so. Much like his "James McPake deserves a lot of credit for speaking to me" shite when he signed.

He's a washed up ex pro gantin' for attention. Stop giving him it. 

Earn your stripes and we might give you a shout if we're interested, Charlie.

20 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Read the link above and not surprisingly Sir Charles of Adam has had no contact as yet from the Dens Park boardroom.

Seriously, have a word with yourselves Messrs Nelms and Strachan and stop embarrassing what little  remains of your self esteem in this business.

Now approaching a ludicrously embarrassing level of incompetence, imho. Not advocating Charlie is the next manager, however he surely merits and deserves an interview or chat regarding his interest in a potential position at the club.

Complete lack of respect to the club support also apparent due to the ongoing silence, as if you give a shit Messrs Nelms and Strachan.

Unless of course you're about to announce Robbie Neilson or Jack Ross that is, then all forgiven.

Regards

I hear what you’re saying but I think Charlie’s unprofessionalism in the last 6 months at the club would rule him out at this point in time. 

22 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Maybe you should have a night off and we can all have an embarrassment-free evening. 

27 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Regards

I'm not so sure I agree mate. The club owe him nothing and if they feel he isn't qualified for the job then it is entirely their prerogative not to entertain an interview. If anything, it is a sign they have learned from the Mcpake fiasco.

Really don't understand why people tout the likes of Kevin Thomson or Charlie Adam as a manager purely on an account of them previously being a half decent football player.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really don't understand why people tout the likes of Kevin Thomson or Charlie Adam as a manager purely on an account of them previously being a half decent football player.

But he’ll ken players fae England!!!

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Personally I'm still holding out for Ivano and Dario, with Giovanni Di Stefano finally releasing his funds for investment.

Gio just got released from jail last week, it's written in the stars.

Mind seeing him in Perugia, little did i or him know what was to follow!