All things Dundee FC

On 24/06/2023 at 13:46, Captain_Sensible said:

Alex Gogic, Trevor Carson, Declan Gallagher, Eamon Brophy and Tony Watt are full internationals.

All must be worth a fortune in transfer fees!!

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Well, at least you've still got Alex Gogic and have taken in at least £300k for the other four players.

Go Saint Mirren, yeah!

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Well, at least you've still got Alex Gogic and have taken in at least £300k for the other four players.

Go Saint Mirren, yeah!

We would have been doing very well getting a fee for Tony Watt ( for obvious reasons to most people).

7 minutes ago, Munoz said:

We would have been doing very well getting a fee for Tony Watt ( for obvious reasons to most people).

Leave him be it’s a desperate plea for greenies taking a clearly sarcastic response and amending it to suit some sort of warped idea in their head.

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

taking a clearly sarcastic response 

The poster in question is - once again - flooding the board with sectarian nonsense of which it seems he gets away with in no part due to his allegiance. Its fine though just you have a pop at me 'editi g' his post when the two lines deleted had nothing to do with Carson or Dundee.

Disgusting, frankly.

Impressive result for the kids last night - rare to see any of the B teams winning 4-0 against anyone.  Even more impressive when only 3 are really first-teamers and even then all are still young and not getting much if any game time.

Thinking about Saturday, I feel we are in a strange position where most fans would say certain players "have to play", and yet playing them all in a system that works is a bit tricky.

Robinson has to play as he's our only consistent goal threat (so far), but he's rarely been successful as a lone striker, so Bakayoko or maybe Pineda should start alongside him.  Cameron has to play as he's our main midfield goal threat, one of our main playmakers, and improving all the time.  Yet 2 strikers suggests 2 CMs in a 4-4-2 and having only him and Boateng in the middle gives me the fear in the top flight.  We could play the 5-3-2/3-5-2 we've played the last couple of games, but that means choosing 2 out of Beck, Mulligan, Tiffoney and McCowan, but all 4 of them, plus Cameron and Robinson are the ones most likely to win us the game.  Also slightly concerned that a back 3 with Ashcroft on the right is going be badly exposed no matter who our RWB is so until French is back that might cause problems.

17 hours ago, Fifespud said:

'Trevor Carson: Dundee sign goalkeeper from St Mirren for undisclosed fee'

In my opinion the 'undisclosed fee' is 3 purls of sheep shite, as they say in Perth.

It suits the Midden to claim it's a 6 figures but I can't see, in our new prudent period, Keys coughing up significant dosh for anyone.

£1000.00 is 6 figures . . .

47 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Impressive result for the kids last night - rare to see any of the B teams winning 4-0 against anyone.  Even more impressive when only 3 are really first-teamers and even then all are still young and not getting much if any game time.

Thinking about Saturday, I feel we are in a strange position where most fans would say certain players "have to play", and yet playing them all in a system that works is a bit tricky.

Robinson has to play as he's our only consistent goal threat (so far), but he's rarely been successful as a lone striker, so Bakayoko or maybe Pineda should start alongside him.  Cameron has to play as he's our main midfield goal threat, one of our main playmakers, and improving all the time.  Yet 2 strikers suggests 2 CMs in a 4-4-2 and having only him and Boateng in the middle gives me the fear in the top flight.  We could play the 5-3-2/3-5-2 we've played the last couple of games, but that means choosing 2 out of Beck, Mulligan, Tiffoney and McCowan, but all 4 of them, plus Cameron and Robinson are the ones most likely to win us the game.  Also slightly concerned that a back 3 with Ashcroft on the right is going be badly exposed no matter who our RWB is so until French is back that might cause problems.

I re-watched the game from Saturday - I have to say Portales looked a wee bit lost, like a back 3 didn't suit him or he wasn't accustomed to it. in fact the whole back line was caught out several times by a big punt.

It's a conundrum!

Just now, Fifespud said:

I re-watched the game from Saturday - I have to say Portales looked a wee bit lost, like a back 3 didn't suit him or he wasn't accustomed to it. in fact the whole back line was caught out several times by a big punt.

It's a conundrum!

Yeh I'm hoping that's just because we were a lot more attack-minded than we will be in the league and not just pre-season naivety on my part.

Thought I thought I would share this lovely story and wish the Dees all the best for the upcoming season :) 

A teenager who fell ill in Spain has asked when her beloved Dundee FC are playing – after being taken off life support.

Bryony Duthie, 18, remains seriously unwell in Ninewells Hospital after travelling from the Costa del Sol to Edinburgh on a private air ambulance last week.

Mum Stephanie has now revealed her daughter is breathing for herself – and is even looking forward to getting back to Dens Park.

‘One of the first things she asked was, when are Dundee playing?’

In an update on social media, Stephanie said she was “speechless” at the progress the former Monifieth High School pupil has made in recent days.

She said: “Doctors took Bryony off the life support machine to see if she can breathe for herself.

“I am so pleased to be able to tell everyone that she has done amazing and can not only breathe for herself, but she can also talk.

“One of the first things she asked me was, ‘When (are) Dundee playing?’

Edited by Hoose Rice

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

any idea what’s happening with Shaun Byrne? There’s been a few rumours (that’s all they are) that we’re interested in signing him 

Docherty left him out of the squad last weekend because he wanted more attacking options because we were chasing for goals. He basically suggested not to look any more in to it then that. 

No one really knows but I would think for everyone the best option is for him to go somewhere he will get regular football. We are still looking for midfielders from what has been said as well.