All things Dundee FC

Pleased with today.  To come back from going down is pleasing, and we could easily have won the game.   We created plenty openings but lacked a bit of potency when it mattered.  

For me the big number 9 looked pretty useless today.  Kept losing the ball when trying to hold it up and didn't seem to win many headers despite being a big lad.   Hoping he’ll come onto a game but I did think Rudden replacing him would’ve been a good shout with 10/15 to go 🫢

1 minute ago, Daydream said:

Pleased with today.  To come back from going down is pleasing, and we could easily have won the game.   We created plenty openings but lacked a bit of potency when it mattered.  

For me the big number 9 looked pretty useless today.  Kept losing the ball when trying to hold it up and didn't seem to win many headers despite being a big lad.   Hoping he’ll come onto a game but I did think Rudden replacing him would’ve been a good shout with 10/15 to go 🫢

Yes, agree with all that. Or Pineda or Tiffoney. 

Entire team looked absolutely burst after 80 mins and I really don't understand the total refusal to make any subs. We definitely could have done with fresh legs.

I think Bakayoko is worth persisting with. He doesn't look fully match fit to me, but I saw enough wee flashes against ICT and in the first half today to think that he might turn out to be a wee bit more useful than a regulation targetman lump. He's fairly quick with a decent touch, and although he looks like he should be a nuisance in the air he's mibbe just no that type of player. Said as much after the ICT game, that it's possible he's actually just a decent, unconventional #9 and no a battering ram type at all. The way he faded pretty much from half-time makes me think he's just no fully up to speed. English season normally starts a wee bit behind ours, so this is possibly more like half-way through his preseason whereas the rest of the side are done.

41 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Entire team looked absolutely burst after 80 mins and I really don't understand the total refusal to make any subs. We definitely could have done with fresh legs.

I can see his reasoning. Think he just wanted to get a point on the board and get the season up and running. We were comfortable in the game. Having said that when Motherwell got the corner in the last minute of injury time I thought here we go. 

Pineda and or Tiffoney for either of the front 2 or both is what I would’ve done though. 

4 hours ago, locheedee said:

We're apparently linked with this guy according to the courier - he's a midfielder and can play in defence according to the Crystal Palace website but Transfermarkt has him as an attacking mid that can play on either wing...

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/killian-phillips/

Aye, was on loan at Shrewsbury for the latter half of last season and was awarded Young Player of the Year. Seems like a proper up-and-coming talent, and you'd think Palace would like the idea of Phillips developing alongside parent club teammate Boateng.

9 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

That would be, what, our 7th loan signing of the season? Nothing wrong with that as such just another big rebuild come the end of the season. 

He's a good player though, and he's played senior football before and done well, not just coming straight out an academy. Think he'd do really well for Dundee if they got him, probably too good to turn down, loan or otherwise.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

He's a good player though, and he's played senior football before and done well, not just coming straight out an academy. Think he'd do really well for Dundee if they got him, probably too good to turn down, loan or otherwise.

Yep, like I say nothing wrong with it as such. We are screaming out for a midfielder too. Just overall long term strategy 7 loan signings a season isn't great but I guess we are planning to consolidate this year and crack on next. 

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Yep, like I say nothing wrong with it as such. We are screaming out for a midfielder too. Just overall long term strategy 7 loan signings a season isn't great but I guess we are planning to consolidate this year and crack on next. 

Think there’s at least 4 of them out of contract with their parent club at the end of the season. Hopefully it’s a case of if things go well we can secure them on contracts. If they perform well it’s a good building block going forward. 

On 28/05/2023 at 21:31, 2426255 said:

image.png.e5324c3dd1c723bc5ca6b70fdea36b7c.png

This is apparently in yesterdays Daily Mail.

If this was mentioned in here at the time then I missed it, but just seen that Lyall Cameron was invited along to train with the Scotland first team in May.

Absolutely class for the young lad and hope he impressed and got a good idea of what the standard is like at that level. 

34 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

If this was mentioned in here at the time then I missed it, but just seen that Lyall Cameron was invited along to train with the Scotland first team in May.

Absolutely class for the young lad and hope he impressed and got a good idea of what the standard is like at that level. 

I think someone, somewhere has been VERY economical with the truth in regards to his height, though.

1.8m is 5ft11. He's lucky if he's 5ft7.

Edit, meant to add screenshot!

Screenshot_20230807_195427_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1dd6bdec596b15dc8dc6485f02dd82c0.jpg

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think someone, somewhere has been VERY economical with the truth in regards to his height, though.

1.8m is 5ft11. He's lucky if he's 5ft7.

Oh, definitely.

image.png.7398426666c9db4695ca49c824615874.png

Dundee FC Academy on Twitter: "Lyall Cameron, Josh Mulligan ...

Josh Mulligan is the one in the middle :lol: 

18 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Oh, definitely.

image.png.7398426666c9db4695ca49c824615874.png

Dundee FC Academy on Twitter: "Lyall Cameron, Josh Mulligan ...

Josh Mulligan is the one in the middle :lol: 

Aye, don't know where they got those numbers from lol. And it's not like Lyall's caught up with Josh in height since, this is from before the Dumbarton game about 10 days ago.

image.thumb.png.3ff25a7fed6b8a520cb4e5d3a8808388.png

Doesn't stop him from probably having one of the best headers in the club though :lol: