All things Dundee FC

This is more like it, looks a big hulking ball-winner and and can transition from a CDM into having an attacking presence with good passing. Has had a fair amount of injury issues over the piece, but was fit for almost all of last season and was bought by Cadiz from RB Salzburg for €1 million just in January. I like it!

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

This is more like it, looks a big hulking ball-winner and and can transition from a CDM into having an attacking presence with good passing. Has had a fair amount of injury issues over the piece, but was fit for almost all of last season and was bought by Cadiz from RB Salzburg for €1 million just in January. I like it!

Exactly what we need. IMO.

4 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Signed for Cadiz on 4 and half years contract in December - I assume he isn't getting regular first team football?

27 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Signed for Cadiz on 4 and half years contract in December - I assume he isn't getting regular first team football?

From what I understand new coach, new style of play, he’s wanting shot of quite a few players from the squad he inherited.

Type of player we need imo 

I don't know if this one is him tbh. Diarra's 5ft 10, and this boy looks about 6ft 5. Plus, Diarra was pictured in Cadiz today.

https://twitter.com/Cadiz_CF/status/1695006475104444836/

Boy on TDB said he saw a very tall and skinheaded black player training with the side today, and Diarra is pretty short. If Diarra is our midfielder, is this boy the added attacking depth TD was interested in?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don't know if this one is him tbh. Diarra's 5ft 10, and this boy looks about 6ft 5. Plus, Diarra was pictured in Cadiz today.

https://twitter.com/Cadiz_CF/status/1695006475104444836/

Boy on TDB said he saw a very tall and skinheaded black player training with the side today, and Diarra is pretty short. If Diarra is our midfielder, is this boy the added attacking depth TD was interested in?

Looks like the Hartlepool boy that was mentioned.

First thread on the Hartlepool forum I could find. Apparently one of the best players they've had in a while but only on £400 a week and refused to play after it was mentioned if he played a couple of more games it'd have triggered an automatic extension:

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69858

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

First thread on the Hartlepool forum I could find. Apparently one of the best players they've had in a while but only on £400 a week and refused to play after it was mentioned if he played a couple of more games it'd have triggered an automatic extension:

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69858

The replies from Hartlepool fans on Twitter is that he has real attitude problems if a team is struggling - does not bode well.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The replies from Hartlepool fans on Twitter is that he has real attitude problems if a team is struggling - does not bode well.

Won PotY at 2 of his former clubs in recent seasons including Aldershot. Hartlepool fans thought he was their best player until he refused to play. Whether that's due to a contract issue or just a bad attitude in general is up for debate.

Docherty has decided he's worth paying a fee for instead of just loaning in.

Looks like he has all the tools to be a class act with the only question over his attitude. I'll tell you, I'd much rather that right now than another absolutely hopeless player with a brilliant attitude!

Hartlepool boss John Askey confessed, following the club’s 2-1 win over Championship side Middlesbrough to begin their pre-season schedule, the French midfielder is still to report back to the club’s training base having been left out of Askey’s final two squads of last season.

Askey made a number of revealing comments to The Mail towards the end of Hartlepool’s Football League stay regarding the attitude of some of his players, with Sylla atop of that list.

And the Pools boss has now confirmed the 29-year-old has not returned to the club this summer following the fallout from the end of last season.

Mo Sylla, we’ve not seen since the end of the season,” Askey told BBC Radio Tees.

It is what it is. We saw last season what he’s about, so while he doesn’t turn up then we don’t have to pay him so that works out quite well.”

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Won PotY at 2 of his former clubs in recent seasons including Aldershot. Hartlepool fans thought he was their best player until he refused to play. Whether that's due to a contract issue or just a bad attitude in general is up for debate.

Docherty has decided he's worth paying a fee for instead of just loaning in.

Looks like he has all the tools to be a class act with the only question over his attitude. I'll tell you, I'd much rather that right now than another absolutely hopeless player with a brilliant attitude!

When will he sign for Rangers?