All things Dundee FC

57 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Even when we win there is usually one person getting singled out for shite.

Everyone seems very positive about the doc, the formation, the play and I honestly can't remember the last time things seemed so positive.

Long may it last.

Even Cammy Kerr had a good game today.

9 hours ago, Crawford said:

Even when we win there is usually one person getting singled out for shite.

Everyone seems very positive about the doc, the formation, the play and I honestly can't remember the last time things seemed so positive.

Long may it last.

There seemed to be some weird kind of optimism in the main stand yesterday, I didn’t like it.  The guy behind me that usually wants the entire squad sacked for giving away a throw in didn’t even complain until we were clinging on an at the end.

Only thing I can find to complain about was that we only put in one decent cross in the entire match as far as I can remember.  Far too many times we were wasteful in those positions.

Edited by stu2910

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

There seemed to be some weird kind of optimism in the main stand yesterday, I didn’t like it.  The guy behind me that usually wants the entire squad sacked for giving away a throw in didn’t even complain until we were clinging on an at the end.

Only thing I can find to complain about was that we only put in one decent cross in the entire match as far as I can remember.  Far too many times we were wasteful in those positions.

I think the optimism of Docherty has rubbed off on the fans. It seems to me that we are a club with direction now with recruitment, management and board all on tune. Might just be me? 

When you see a team is giving 100% as well that always helps. I came away from the St Mirren defeat pleased because a) Docherty realised his lineup/system wasn't working and b) the teams reaction to the first half. We won't win every game...obviously...but stuff like that goes a long way.

Ex-Dee Lorent Tolaj just closed out the first half for Aldershot... in goal :lol:keeper got sent off and they had no backup. Immediately conceded a peach of a free kick from Chris Maguire of Eastleigh (was at Ayr last season) but hasn't conceded since, 2nd half about to begin.

IMG_20230828_154840.thumb.jpg.66263acd3152e5fc0184201396175e01.jpg

Kwame Thomas is still up front for the Shots. No Ryan Clampin or Corey Painter for Eastleigh though 🫤

Update: 2-0 Eastleigh, Tolaj is out of the goal... and Thomas is in instead! 😂

IMG_20230828_163014.thumb.jpg.ea28a60affb733d23b4f9fe64a65d046.jpg

Eastleigh immediately made it 3-0. It just ain't fair on these ex-Dees.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Light blue to Dark Blue? Nick Clark?

@RandomGuy.

It would probably already have leaked if it was, but we've apparently a "surprising" name amongst those who've been told theyre free to go so theres a decent chance Clarks one.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It would probably already have leaked if it was, but we've apparently a "surprising" name amongst those who've been told theyre free to go so theres a decent chance Clarks one.

Somebody on your thread claimed it was Crawford and Clark that were the two.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Someone on Twitter saying it's this guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Howley

If it's him it's a strange one to me as he's basically like-for-like with Anderson on the face of it.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Somebody on your thread claimed it was Crawford and Clark that were the two.

If it's him it's a strange one to me as he's basically like-for-like with Anderson on the face of it.

Cheap back up and Beck-like potential whilst Anderson gets game time.