All things Dundee FC

Another central midfielder in to reinforce the area of the pitch. I think it was an area everyone wanted strengthened and probably still even after signing Mo Sylla.

Don't know anything about him but Coventry extended his contract until 2025 and is a Wales u21 international. Found a website that says he is 5 ft10 but from photos he looks bigger than that and looks really physical at the age of 19. So you can see from Boateng, Sylla and Howley the type of player he is trying to bring in. I can't really remember when the last time was that we have a side like that.

Docherty has said he's been after him all summer which seems strange for an u21 level player but you've got to take that at face value. Him and Mcinnes have had plenty other examples of identifying young players and developing them elsewhere. 

At least we finally have some athleticism around the team. 

Boateng sprinting up the wing in the last few minutes on Sunday is a far cry from Shaun Byrne and Paul McGowan ambling around the pitch. Dochertys experience is showing IMO, a mobile middle of the pitch is essential within this league.

If we were to make a final signing a goalkeeper would be ideal. If we think back to the last time in the Premiership we went through a stage where Lawlor and Legzdins were injured and Sharp came in. At the minute we're a Carson injury away from a hugely detrimental snag in the plan. People can throw any stats at me about Legzdins they like but you're not changing what I see with my eyes - he's nowhere near what we need to keep us in the division and his last attempt at doing so was painful to watch. We can get away with him as third choice hopefully as was intended this season. 

Thank you.

Good watch at North End Park, finished up 1-0 us.

- Legzdins forced into a couple of early decent saves, then got to stand back and dictate structure.

- Solid back line with Graham and French looking good, and Sweenie-Rowe and Lorimer looked very solid full backs.

- Sylla dominated the midfield in the first half, the rare times he made a mistake he followed up and fixed it himself, and about ripped the net away with his goal.

- He went off for youngster Lewis Craik at HT and the midfield struggled a bit, but Lamb and Murray eventually got into their groove more.

- Mutale was a good presence and got them worried a few times, but missed a couple of good opportunities, one of which was a sitter.

- Reilly strolled it first half and really deserved an assist or two. Went over his ankle in the 2nd half, stayed on for a bit but was limping slightly after FT, hopefully nothing too bad.

- Richardson a workhorse who looked sharper at the end of the game then the start imo.

- As for subs, Craik had his moments in midfield, Mohammed was a nuisance and I really like the look of Finlay Allan, just looks a playmaker in my eyes.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Good watch at North End Park, finished up 1-0 us. Legzdins forced into a couple of early decent saves, then got to stand back and dictate structure. Solid back line with Graham and French looking good, and Sweenie-Rowe and Lorimer looked very solid full backs. Sylla dominated the midfield in the first half, went off for youngster Lewis Craik at HT and the midfield struggled a bit, but Lamb and Murray eventually got into their groove more. Mutale a good presence but missed a couple of good opportunities. Reilly strolled it first half and really deserved an assist or two. Richardson a workhorse who looked sharper at the end of the game then the start imo.

As for subs, Craik had his moments in midfield, Mohammed was a nuisance and I really like the look of Finlay Allan, just looks a playmaker on my eyes.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Good watch at North End Park, finished up 1-0 us. Legzdins forced into a couple of early decent saves, then got to stand back and dictate structure. Solid back line with Graham and French looking good, and Sweenie-Rowe and Lorimer looked very solid full backs. Sylla dominated the midfield in the first half, went off for youngster Lewis Craik at HT and the midfield struggled a bit, but Lamb and Murray eventually got into their groove more. Mutale a good presence but missed a couple of good opportunities. Reilly strolled it first half and really deserved an assist or two. Richardson a workhorse who looked sharper at the end of the game then the start imo.

As for subs, Craik had his moments in midfield, Mohammed was a nuisance and I really like the look of Finlay Allan, just looks a playmaker on my eyes.

Thank you

ETA: Great minds @Dundee-FC92 

Edited by RawB93

In a move that was hypothesised months ago, Jakubaik is training with Dunfermline. It probably was asked a couple of months ago, but what was the consensus of him at Dundee? What type of player would you say he is etc? 

I think hell be the last Dundee player we'll be linked with, until next summer and we'll see who you release! 

On 29/08/2023 at 16:41, RossBFaeDundee said:

Good watch at North End Park, finished up 1-0 us.

- Legzdins forced into a couple of early decent saves, then got to stand back and dictate structure.

- Solid back line with Graham and French looking good, and Sweenie-Rowe and Lorimer looked very solid full backs.

- Sylla dominated the midfield in the first half, the rare times he made a mistake he followed up and fixed it himself, and about ripped the net away with his goal.

- He went off for youngster Lewis Craik at HT and the midfield struggled a bit, but Lamb and Murray eventually got into their groove more.

- Mutale was a good presence and got them worried a few times, but missed a couple of good opportunities, one of which was a sitter.

- Reilly strolled it first half and really deserved an assist or two. Went over his ankle in the 2nd half, stayed on for a bit but was limping slightly after FT, hopefully nothing too bad.

- Richardson a workhorse who looked sharper at the end of the game then the start imo.

- As for subs, Craik had his moments in midfield, Mohammed was a nuisance and I really like the look of Finlay Allan, just looks a playmaker in my eyes.

I appreciate you wouldn't have been keeping an eye on the Dunfermline players, however our right winger(Kane Ritchie-Hosler) is coming back from injury, he got subbed in the 70th minute, did he come off looking ok? Got allot of hopes pinned on him! 

If this is the last time I ask about a potential ex Dee signing, best of luck for the rest of the season! 

13 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

In a move that was hypothesised months ago, Jakubaik is training with Dunfermline. It probably was asked a couple of months ago, but what was the consensus of him at Dundee? What type of player would you say he is etc? 

I think hell be the last Dundee player we'll be linked with, until next summer and we'll see who you release! 

I appreciate you wouldn't have been keeping an eye on the Dunfermline players, however our right winger(Kane Ritchie-Hosler) is coming back from injury, he got subbed in the 70th minute, did he come off looking ok? Got allot of hopes pinned on him! 

If this is the last time I ask about a potential ex Dee signing, best of luck for the rest of the season! 

Some Dees wouldn't have minded keeping Jakubiak ahead of some of current crop of strikers. 

A really decent attacking option with the caveat of 'when fit'. If you get 3/4 of a season out him you will be doing well.

Roll up, Roll up. 

Tickets available for Celtic Park at prices £33 adults and £23 u16's. Of course that is for a full view of the game. If you'd like a bargain with a restricted view ticket you can get these for a mere £30 or £20.

What a farce. I'd urge every Dundee fan to tell these morons to shove it where the sun don't shine. 

For an adult taking a child of five and seven the price will be £79. This is the beginning of the end if all clubs adopt this method of theft. Don't play along with it folks or it's setting a dangerous precedent. 

(It's clear Dundee have reacted with the prices set for OF games at Dens, there has to then be something introduced not to shaft the home fans who PATG).

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

He's better than the current no.9 we're running with, on evidence so far. IMO. 

Should have been kept.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

For an adult taking a child of five and seven the price will be £79. 

£79 is a bargain!

Think of all the Oirish history, the free coins that will be distributed straight to your kids foreheads and who could forget the family sing alongs.

For £79 you could take yourself and two kids to cadonas on a full wristband, do some karting, general fairground rides, have some scran and still have change.

3 hours ago, HoBNob said:

You would be getting a really solid player for championship level. Been unfortunate with injuries and his ability really shone through when he got a consistent run of games and enhanced by striking a good partnership with Robinson. 

I'm one of the Dundee fans in the camp that doesn't think he would have been able to make the step up to Premiership level and we had to be really ruthless when stepping back up ourselves this season.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Roll up, Roll up. 

Tickets available for Celtic Park at prices £33 adults and £23 u16's. Of course that is for a full view of the game. If you'd like a bargain with a restricted view ticket you can get these for a mere £30 or £20.

What a farce. I'd urge every Dundee fan to tell these morons to shove it where the sun don't shine. 

For an adult taking a child of five and seven the price will be £79. This is the beginning of the end if all clubs adopt this method of theft. Don't play along with it folks or it's setting a dangerous precedent. 

(It's clear Dundee have reacted with the prices set for OF games at Dens, there has to then be something introduced not to shaft the home fans who PATG).

Thank you.

Quite frankly you wouldn't have got me in Ibrox or Celtic park for £13 quid, never mind £33. Absolute farcical prices, but will it ever change? Will it f**k. 

Tickets overall in Scotland have been rising to stupid levels. For example some of our championship games last season and Airdrie fans being charged £27 this weekend to visit Tannadump.

I love watching Dundee and championing Scottish fitba as much as I can, but lets face it - it's stale as f**k and only going to get worse with things like this.

Edited by Pens_Dark