All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I know, finishing 2nd twice and losing in 2 cup finals, absolute disaster as a manager!!!

Valid comment Spudgun thank you, I bow to your greater, alternative Aberdeen FC knowledge which I respect as always.

This is regarding Willie Miller who is THE Aberdeen FC playing icon in the whole history of the club, then inheriting as manager the already relatively successful Alex Smith and Jocky Scott playing squad and then, after his best efforts was emptied as club manager for Roy fucking Aitken, crikey-me-no-likey if I'm very honest.

Struggled to type this one as I couldn't give with all due respect, a solitary monkey's chuff regarding Aberdeen Football Club or any other club for that matter. Except Mrs TCM's beloved Stoke City, I know my place!

Respect to the decent Aberdeen posters on here, of which there are many. However I start and finish as Dark Blue, just me I'm afraid.

Regards as always. 

16 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Valid comment Spudgun thank you, I bow to your greater, alternative Aberdeen FC knowledge which I respect as always.

This is regarding Willie Miller who is THE Aberdeen FC playing icon in the whole history of the club, then inheriting as manager the already relatively successful Alex Smith and Jocky Scott playing squad and then, after his best efforts was emptied as club manager for Roy fucking Aitken, crikey-me-no-likey if I'm very honest.

Struggled to type this one as I couldn't give with all due respect, a solitary monkey's chuff regarding Aberdeen Football Club or any other club for that matter. Except Mrs TCM's beloved Stoke City, I know my place!

Respect to the decent Aberdeen posters on here, of which there are many. However I start and finish as Dark Blue, just me I'm afraid.

Regards as always. 

To be fair to you TCM in Miller’s final season with Aberdeen the team he had built, and was taken over by Aitken in the February of that season after Miller was sacked, only remained in the top flight after a play off with Dunfermline.  Aberdeen would have been relegated that season if it hadn’t been for United taking the relegation spot.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

To be fair to you TCM in Miller’s final season with Aberdeen the team he had built, and was taken over by Aitken in the February of that season after Miller was sacked, only remained in the top flight after a play off with Dunfermline.  Aberdeen would have been relegated that season if it hadn’t been for United taking the relegation spot.

Thank you @Shadow Play.

Late to the party in this and no doubt it has been said in every post since Saturday but Rudden is a complete donkey. The subs killed us and something Docherty will learn I'm sure but Bakayoko was everything that was successful with us on Sat - pressed from the front; but a clever press. We done that well as a team, knowing when to press and when to sit off them. As soon as he went off and Rudden came on there was just not the same intensity. Boateng coming off was a big one too, not sure if it was due to tiredness or whatever but he bossed the game for us. 

As good as Beck was...and he was really good...there was a theme throughout the game that he would drop in to the box when they had it on the right and leave a man completely free on his side. I'm no defender so I might not get why that happened but it was a factor in both goals conceded.

Apart from that I left really pissed off about conceding such a late goal but there really were so many positives to take. Tiffoney, McCowan, Beck, Boateng and Bakayoko were all excellent on the day.

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Late to the party in this and no doubt it has been said in every post since Saturday but Rudden is a complete donkey. The subs killed us and something Docherty will learn I'm sure but Bakayoko was everything that was successful with us on Sat - pressed from the front; but a clever press. We done that well as a team, knowing when to press and when to sit off them. As soon as he went off and Rudden came on there was just not the same intensity. Boateng coming off was a big one too, not sure if it was due to tiredness or whatever but he bossed the game for us. 

As good as Beck was...and he was really good...there was a theme throughout the game that he would drop in to the box when they had it on the right and leave a man completely free on his side. I'm no defender so I might not get why that happened but it was a factor in both goals conceded.

Apart from that I left really pissed off about conceding such a late goal but there really were so many positives to take. Tiffoney, McCowan, Beck, Boateng and Bakayoko were all excellent on the day.

For both goals their Ukrainian was totally unmarked on our left hand side with both Lamie and Beck totally missing. Not blaming either or both, that’s just a fact. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

For both goals their Ukrainian was totally unmarked on our left hand side with both Lamie and Beck totally missing. Not blaming either or both, that’s just a fact. 

The first goal from the header is clever movement, he checks back and gains a yard on Beck, who probably through inexperience didn't catch on in time. As for the second Max scored, no idea where your defence was, can't help with that one sorry. 

You'll probably get that with a young fullback, he for the most part looked excellent on Saturday, quick, strong and effortlessly glides past folk, but with the odd lapse in concentration which in a matter of seconds can cost you. Ideally you've got a senior defender talking him through that side of his game. Unfortunately Lamie probably isn't that since he needs to focus on his own game too much to avoid making mistakes. 

Bad mistake from Bakayoko slowly trudging off in front of Collum, but in fairness he's never encountered the pedantic little shit before. I thought at the time, shift your arse Amadou, Collum will add on half an hour.

International break and I know it's only 4 games in but maybe a good point to look back on the signings and where people see us finishing this season. 

I've been pretty impressed with the signings so far for the most part. We've been pretty unlucky with injuries but it's good that most are on the mend and that Reilly got minutes against St Johnstone. 

League positions seem way too early to predict but I think this team has a lot about them and I'm, stupidly or not, quite confident of avoiding the bottom 2.

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

International break and I know it's only 4 games in but maybe a good point to look back on the signings and where people see us finishing this season. 

I've been pretty impressed with the signings so far for the most part. We've been pretty unlucky with injuries but it's good that most are on the mend and that Reilly got minutes against St Johnstone. 

League positions seem way too early to predict but I think this team has a lot about them and I'm, stupidly or not, quite confident of avoiding the bottom 2.

We always seem to lack that bit of luck, but so far, I'm really impressed with the team the doc has put together. I'm impressed by the size of the talent pool he has picked players from. There wasn't any "they will do" or scraps from other teams around us.

I've got confidence in the man steering the ship which is nice. I've got confidence in the players and the man between the sticks. 

It's very alarming.

It's a great positive time to be a Dee, now at last, after what seems like an eternity, we have a competent manager that knows what he's doing. 

Contrast that with over the road, Capt Birdseye, and the has-beens/crocks.

Absolutely wonderful.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saw this and thought of you 😂 now playing for a side 5th in Polands top flight.

Always thought he had potential, but was very young and playing in an awful team so we barely saw it.

Scotland was 20th in the coefficient table that season and Poland are currently 21st, so it’s not exactly crazy that he’s effectively managed to reach the level of Hibs.

More surprising is that Scotland have a perfect record and have only conceded 1 goal, and yet have no players in the top 5. Surely Mctominay would make it in for the goals?!

Edited by stu2910

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

What can we expect from Jakubiak? Don't think he's an out and out striker, better playing off the left in a front 3?

Won't get the goals that Rudden probably would be he's 100x the player. Classy, link up player that will make your other strikers look better. Will get you off your sear and will run at defences. Would probably be playing top flight football with ourselves or someone else if it wasn't for his chronic injury problems.

He's missed.

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

What can we expect from Jakubiak? Don't think he's an out and out striker, better playing off the left in a front 3?

I was gutted when we didn’t give him a new deal. Saw him in Asda a couple weeks ago and wanted to give him a cuddle.

Once he got over his injury problems after a couple of seasons , I have to say for me he was outstanding , linked brilliantly with Robinson once Bowyer realised teams were actually allowed to play two up top , I think he’ll lay on a good few for CW33 Craig the Dabslayer and chip in with a few himself , I was pissed  off we didn’t resign him